Home

There is not enough power outside of vulnerability.

This is a discussion on There is not enough power outside of vulnerability. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2018, 07:44 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: There is not enough power outside of vulnerability.

Yeah they need to lower the vulnerability multiplier (to keep same damage as current counters) and raise the base damage
Old 03-28-2018, 07:50 AM   #10
Banned

It really bothers me that you cant do this in game

Using our current system the strike wouldnt have done much damage cuz Heiron was moving away and wasnt mid strike

It’s very frustrating

There is no tension in this game. I should be terrified of Conor, Woodley, Rumble. Same way I should be terrified of great grapplers

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 03-28-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Seriously. It takes me SEVEN unblocked H-Bombs (which have 103 power) in practice mode at full stamina to finally KO Romero clean. Yet if I slip one strike, come over with the same exact strike, he'll drop right into a 3rd stage KD. If the goal is to have a realistic representation of MMA, the power outside of vulnerability needs to be increased. I also hit a Romero in a live fight with a H-Bomb right off the bat and I didn't even get a rock. Again, this is DAN HENDERSON. The man with iron in that right hand.

I believe power outside of vulnerability needs bumping up significantly. I would like power for bombs and power strikes to be somewhere like the damage slider two to three ticks from the maximum damage on the custom sliders. Of course you'd to modify the defensive mechanics to make them more responsive (seriously, the deadzone on the backdash/backwards head movement is INSANE. Almost 40% to the left until anything happens) and individual strikes but still, that would make it feel much more realistic IMO. Actual power.

It wouldn't be OP because if you spammed power strikes you would gas HARD. Maybe not a total destruction of permanent stamina but it would make temp stamina empty, put a cap on the total amount you can regen (but this would increase slowly) and make actual regen slower. If the mechanics were tightened up too you'd be able to make them miss and counter with volume or even a power strike of your own.

At the very least I would like to see it as a proof of concept. It's just so frustrating hitting someone with a clean power shot from a guy with high power, for it to not even get a rock, yet if the other guy slips and counters with a hook I'm in big trouble.

EDIT: One other thing, why is it that if I throw a hard combo and then a strike that isn't in a set combo, my fighter will straight up not throw it? That or it'll be super delayed. I would like it if they still flowed but maybe make them slower or do a little less damage to compensate.
We need to keep pushing this matter to the devs...Its irritating that normal strikes do nothing but a counter mid strikes ends in a KO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #12
MVP

There's a confusion between a clean shot on this game. Its basically only considering counters as clean shots.

Please check the no vulnerability damage to unblocked strikes thread. No point have 3 threads on the same issue plus it has some video evidence.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #13
MVP

Trillz's Arena

they need to buff damage to normal strikes outside vulnerabilty and slightly lower strikes within vulnerability.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:48 AM   #14
Banned

I think having the power multipler solves all of our issues

Give us the ability to throw harder shots at the cost of more short/long term stam. Also increase vulnerability when throwing them. But only allow it for stand still shots. That way we can “sit down” on strikes to do serious damage.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I think having the power multipler solves all of our issues

Give us the ability to throw harder shots at the cost of more short/long term stam. Also increase vulnerability when throwing them. But only allow it for stand still shots. That way we can “sit down” on strikes to do serious damage.
To some extent yes. But what about combos, i land a lead uppercut to rear overhand and lead hook to spinning backfist and together they do under 40 percent damage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2018, 01:56 PM   #16
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Custom sliders - up the damage.
First thing I did.
Unfortunately it only works for offline use.
I did this to get the trophy, and man, they hit HARD with Max Power lol

I wouldn't want max-power for Ranked, but moving it a bit more in that direction wouldn't hurt

(If Missed & Blocked Strikes Cost More Stamina!)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »