Home

Tactics discussion

This is a discussion on Tactics discussion within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Tactics discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
in the game menu? I haven't did that yet.. but I do this while in match..this makes a big difference.. I couldn't do this sometimes when in matches but I figured it out if you have assisted controls on it will not let you manually do this in the match so I reccomend to take this off as this helps out a lot imo. but for individual players attack and defend like the old pes? also man mark settings? I think this is only avaible offline maybe but I can't figure how to do those things when playing MLO
Not sure about MLO, but this is a WE must. It basically sets mentality and you can have super defensive to super aggressive. And yes it's in-game, you can do it manually as well.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Does changing the captain on your team effect the teams performance in a negative or positive way?

Albert Einstein

PSN: brewha202002
Old 11-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

^Yes it does (not a in great deal, but yes). It's always good to choose a palyer with good teamwork and mentality stats.

Also guys, remember that tactics go hand in hand with players attributes and stats (special skills and player cards). So although tinkering with them is an option, it's not the same story to, for example play the same 4-2-3-1 with Inter with Pandev and Eto'o on the wings than with Liverpool with Joe Cole and Kuyt on the wings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #12
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Found this on the PES site:

Player support:

So this basically this dictates how teammates move around the ball carrier, so it's correct in it's called player support, where it's confusing is offensive and defensive.

So values 1-6, what they do is make players provide options sideways and many backwards 'safe options' to the ball carrier. So with Barca for example, this is set to 0, so it makes Barca play a lot of safe, backwards, sideways passes, So overall it means, 'slow orientated build up'.

values 7-13 (balanced) Just means teams will attack normally and player on the ball as standard look for options ahead of them unless the player isn't in clear space, teammates won't always run ahead of the ball carrier.

values 14-20 means fast attacking, team mates always look to get ahead of the ball carrier and the team is encourages to look only for forward passes!

Support Range:

Support range shows how close the players stay to around the ball carrier, so values 1-6 mean the players keep close together, (Barcelona Arsenal) it's useful for short passing game, tiki taka etc..

7-13 is standard

14-20 means players spread away from the ball carrier, this is useful for teams that counter, and teams like Stoke etc.. for long balls, Long passing game hoofball etc..

Position Switch

Position switch dictate how much freedom players have to temporarily play in different designated positions or switch places with players in similar positions.

1-6 means player rarley if ever switch positions (tactically disciplined)

7-13 means players will now and gain switch with players in a similar position, so for example the left central midfielder and right central midfielder or two strikers will change the sides they are playing, same with centre backs even.

14-20 is similar to that above but If a player finds himself out of postion he will then take up the nearest position designated for a while, the drop back to his designated position.

So for example i a center back charges forward, if he ends up in midfield he will stay there for a bit,t hen move back, same with striker coming back to defend. It's built to give you the option to give your players the choice to swap around a bit in bid to confuse the opposition and say if a center back is getting the better of a striker, maybe swap for a secound with a winger and see if it confuses him.

Attacking Style:

Attacking style is quite important for player runs and general player movement when attacking.

1-6 means players will drift and congregate out in wide positions to support he ball carrier in making attacking moves out wide

7-13 (balanced) players will maintain their shape

14-20 players will congregate more in the middle, and wide men for example will come inside to offer support through the middle.

Pressing

Pressing is both how intense your team presses the oppositions ball carrier and also i've noticed a zonal element to this.

1-6 (loose) makes players stand off the ball carrier and the player will focus much more and working with his teammates as a unit.

7-13 players, won't actively close down the opposition, they will tend to hod shape unless the opposing ball carrier enter is, well 'zone' (Zonal marking) Maybe.

14-20 tight players will actively close down the opposition, 14-20 dictates how intense they move out of their formations shape to meet the ball carrier

Defensive Line:

Self explanatory really

1-6 Deep

7-13 Normal

14-20 High

Compactiviness:

This dictates how closely compacted your team is when closing in around the ball carrier

1-6 The team forms up as a unit very tightly in the center of the pitch

7-13 Normal

14-20 The team spreads out around the ball carrier.

Finally you should now that: 1-6 and 14-20 dictate how extreme you want your team style to be for each parameter so 14 is say relatively far from the ball carrier and 20 is very far etc..

7-13 Dictates you want a balance but with a slight favor towards a parameter. So 7 or 8 would mean your players your players would move slightly out wide, and say 11 12 would make them move slightly towards the middle etc..

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

Last edited by BIG CAROLINA; 01-10-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #13
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Icon14 Re: Tactics discussion

@BIG CAROLINA - great post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #14
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
@BIG CAROLINA - great post
I can only take credit for finding it and posting it here, this was info that was posted on another site that I found helpful.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #15
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

i just recently started playing this game as fifa Career Mode is ridiculously boring. so this has been a breath of fresh air. it is very complicated.

the first question i have is when starting a game, there is the three options of manager controls, then simple and manual... which are you guys using? i have been letting the manager run an offensive game.

also, i do like how the manager subs for me and i control the players... what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #16
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

[quote=southernbelle;2042022414]i just recently started playing this game as fifa Career Mode is ridiculously boring. so this has been a breath of fresh air. it is very complicated.

the first question i have is when starting a game, there is the three options of manager controls, then simple and manual... which are you guys using? i have been letting the manager run an offensive game.

also, i do like how the manager subs for me and i control the players... what do you guys think?[/quote]

I play player lock so this is the route that I go and I have no issues with it. I am not a soccer expert by any means, so I am sure my manager knows more than I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »