Home

Tactics discussion

This is a discussion on Tactics discussion within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Tactics discussion

liking this game the more i play it... in my arsenal ML and love the game mode... but on the pitch is where i am enjoying constant improvement.

dribbling... it is sooo nuanced - perfect blend of players stats, personality and my ability on the sticks (buttons)...

now last night i really discovered the use of R2 and let go of L stick which makes your player trap and face goal. then i started using small stick touches a little R1 (sprint) taps and holding on to R2 for some close quarters football... so rewarding. with nasri, arshavin and walcott it was amazing. i just imagine using some of the true skill players!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #26
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Just applied this to La Liga and got a few good games in, playing on: Pro, zero speed, 15 minute halves.

It's definitely more realistic, and it even makes the game a bit tougher because you really have to manage how your own team pressures the ball. If you don't use the close down button well in conjunction with the 2nd teammate help button, the AI will have a better chance at retaining possession, since your AI teammates are all programmed to pressure less.

This tweak also doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on the backline, for both the user and the AI controlled teams. That is of course a good thing. I was thinking it might make the defenders too passive, but that's not the case.
So you go to edit, game plan, strategy, pressure. Using Arsenal as an example their current pressure is 15. So you would drop it to 7/8. Basically have to manually do it for every team.

Last edited by jesmith29; 03-11-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #27
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
So you go to edit, game plan, strategy, pressure. Using Arsenal as an example their current pressure is 15. So you would drop it to 7/8. Basically have to manually do it for every team.
Yeah, though I think it's called "Team Style". Also I rounded up, so Arsenal would be an 8.

Lost my last game to Barca 4-1 using one of the lesser La Liga clubs. I went up 1-0 early, then was dominated the rest of the way with Messi dropping a hat trick on me.

I'm also thinking of raising the "Position Switch" because it seems some teams hold their form a little too much.

It's sort of a pain having to do this, but like I say I did it last year and it helped tremendously. This year's game is a lot better, and it's also more difficult, which is a good thing.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #28
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6

Boy do I feel like an idiot!

After reading some info on PES Mastery, it finally hit me about the triangle button, PS3, for through balls. The only other PES I've ever played was 2009 on the Wii. In that version, I believe, the through ball was a pass intended for one player but he would let it go through to another player. Well in 2011 it is not that at all. Most of the seasoned PES players know this, but for a newbie like myself, this has added a whole other dimension to the game.

When you use the through ball, the intended player makes runs. If you use a normal X button pass, sometimes they run, sometimes they come to a dead stop. Since I discovered this, my last 4 games have been beyond fun. It has opened up my offense, and I feel like I'm able to create more opportunities.

Triangle = Through Ball
L1+Triangle = Chipped Through Ball.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

The game is definitively more rewarding and realistic gameplay and tactic wise when compared to Fifa. This years version has is way better than last year's PES.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm trying to love this game - I really am - but find that the negatives are outweighing the positives for me.

That said, I found this thread - http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthre...t=60966&page=3 - that gives some good tactical advice on how to set up various teams, including all of the Premier League.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

^ Nice find.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #32
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I'm trying to love this game - I really am - but find that the negatives are outweighing the positives for me.

That said, I found this thread - http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthre...t=60966&page=3 - that gives some good tactical advice on how to set up various teams, including all of the Premier League.
sounds great but i dont think i have time to go editing every team...

if you make those edits will you have to restart your ML for them to be applied?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »