Home

PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #353
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

Yeah scorelines are a little crazy right now if you play anything over 15mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #354
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Mods are really making this game wonderful:

Old 11-12-2018, 04:49 AM   #355
Rookie

Gogi76's Arena

OVR: 0

ok, one question - is PES 2019 worth buying now, while it' on sale for 24 €? i mean, with few patches and if i own 2018? hiw is online mode solved? In 2018 i could hardly play a game online, matchmaking took forever...

tnx

Poslano z mojega SM-G950F z uporabo Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 08:43 PM   #356
Rookie

I envy PC gamers when it comes to PES. The PES community is one of the best when it comes to improving the game and contributing countless little details (official scoreboards, realistic camera angles, etc.) to increase immersion.

Only game that’s made me consider switching to the PC master race
Old 11-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #357
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBAFFILIATED
I envy PC gamers when it comes to PES. The PES community is one of the best when it comes to improving the game and contributing countless little details (official scoreboards, realistic camera angles, etc.) to increase immersion.

Only game that’s made me consider switching to the PC master race

I switched from Xbox over to PS3/4 for PES but I’m thinking I should have just gotten a PC. The things people can do to the game are incredible, and in such short time too.

Old 11-16-2018, 04:12 AM   #358
MVP

lareka's Arena

Well the game is far from fixed !!

The defense in this game is terrible to say the least. The update fixed the way CPU attacks a little bit but still they are one-dimensional. They nearly always go for wing organizations with low passes and low crossed into 6 yard box. Defenders stick to strikers and there are some instances like my defender is basically in front of my goalkeeper and opposition forward waiting for low cross in 6 yard box !!! There is no such thing in football.

In addition, pressing with defenders is almost like a crime in this game. They go out of position and pressing only let's you give space to CPU attackers and they immediately find space and convert a goal. So you have to NOT PRESS while defending or you'll conceede an easy goal?

Also the lack of long-range shots and goals out of long range shots is still troubling. It's a big essence of football again but non-existent in PES 2019.

I also didn't like the feel of the game. Almost 100 games in, I see a lot of similar instances, similar scenes, it should be the opposite, PES was a game where you had your 500th game and you can have a different scene. In terms of defending, shooting etc. Even in one on ones if you shoot the ball with same strength the ball will go in from that specific angle with any player ! This is more like FIFA, not like PES. I think they really laid an egg this year with this game. PES 17 and PES 18 had much better gameplay. If they can't fix the defending and other stuff which looks like they can't ( they couldn't with first update) i will revert to Pes 2018.

Last edited by lareka; 11-16-2018 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:02 AM   #359
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I switched from Xbox over to PS3/4 for PES but I’m thinking I should have just gotten a PC. The things people can do to the game are incredible, and in such short time too.

If you have a PC that can decently run the game, then playing this game on PC is the only way to go. I read all the complaints on this thread about gameplay, marking, etc. and I haven't experienced much of it at all. In fact, a gameplay mod was just released based on the PES15 standard (which was awesome btw) and it has pushed the game to a whole other level. Just check out one of TheTrueBrits most recently videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHmF3GbXN_Y.

And don't forget, PC users get additional stadiums through mods as well, such as Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:52 AM   #360
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

OVR: 2

Just tested one of the 2015 mods. Its interesting. What I loved was the fouls, instead of 0-1 per game, I now saw 7 !! (12mins game) .. Still think my defensive team mates are rubbish and CPU shots are some how really accurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »