Home

PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2019 Full Game Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #361
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PES 2019 Full Game Impressions

For the PC users, I just tried a new game play mod and here are the results (half-time first, full time second):

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #362
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Won my first Derby game ever yesterday lol. 9-2 as Man U vs man city. My whole lineup minus 2 players had glowing arrows and honestly everything went my way which never happened once in 18. I tied Newcastle United 1-1 the game before so not sure I like the fact it was 9-2 but I was sure stoked I won.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #363
dsk
Rookie

OVR: 2

After a few days of playing lite and going back and forth between this and the Fifa19 Demo I decided on PES. It's been a day of maddening frustration. The soccer coach in me is pulling my hair out. I can't believe how horrible the defensive AI can be at times. Center Backs deciding to not defend anyone at times, or doubling one striker and leaving the rest of the area wide open. Seems as if 50/50 balls go to the AI 90% of the time. Attacking can be a mess as well. oh.. Did I mention the catch-up AI? I'm thinking I bought the wrong game. Any feedback/tips would be appreciated.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #364
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk
After a few days of playing lite and going back and forth between this and the Fifa19 Demo I decided on PES. It's been a day of maddening frustration. The soccer coach in me is pulling my hair out. I can't believe how horrible the defensive AI can be at times. Center Backs deciding to not defend anyone at times, or doubling one striker and leaving the rest of the area wide open. Seems as if 50/50 balls go to the AI 90% of the time. Attacking can be a mess as well. oh.. Did I mention the catch-up AI? I'm thinking I bought the wrong game. Any feedback/tips would be appreciated.
Which system did you get the game on? I can offer you a lot of ways to "fix" the AI defense if you're on PC. One of the newer gameplay mods and executable fixes have made the game absolutely brilliant (at least for me).
Old 12-22-2018, 07:13 PM   #365
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Which system did you get the game on? I can offer you a lot of ways to "fix" the AI defense if you're on PC. One of the newer gameplay mods and executable fixes have made the game absolutely brilliant (at least for me).
Same here. Using Incas fox 2.2 dt file and hels exe and it’s like a whole new game. I get tons of fouls and almost too many penalties which I didn’t have 1 in 100 games of pes last year.

Hels exe has really held the cheating AI to a minimum.

Half of the EPL stadiums have been added and the rest I bet will be done in the next couple weeks. Predators chants. Evoswitcher scoreboards for real broadcast feel. Animated adboards. All the tattoos. Honestly pes being far behind FIFA in terms of licensing and presentation is only a console problem because on PC, PES is miles ahead for modding.

I honestly don’t miss FIFA even a little bit now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #366
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Same here. Using Incas fox 2.2 dt file and hels exe and it’s like a whole new game. I get tons of fouls and almost too many penalties which I didn’t have 1 in 100 games of pes last year.

Half of the EPL stadiums have been added and the rest I bet will be done in the next couple weeks. Predators chants. Evoswitcher scoreboards for real broadcast feel. Animated adboards. All the tattoos. Honestly pes being far behind FIFA in terms of licensing and presentation is only a console problem because on PC, PES is miles ahead for modding.

Thank you for speaking my mind. I use Inca's Fox as well, with one of his EXEs (can't remember which one). If it wasn't for Pro Clubs, I'd never play FIFA again.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #367
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty

Has me intrigued. Will test out this combo, haven't even tried playing since purchased day 1.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 01-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #368
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

Count me in as one of those that loves 2019 on PC. I have the PES Universe option file install on my PS4 version...but the mods available for me on the PC have made this my favorite football game to play of all time. Looks great. Player control is tight.

I haven't used a gameplay mod yet, so I'm still not getting any yellow cards in my games, but that's the only real complaint I have from the game right now.

Can someone chime in on how accurate the simulation engine is for games/teams not controlled by the player in Master League?

I'm assuming trades/wins/relegations...are all fairly accurate. If they aren't, I assume there is no mod that can fix the simulation/statistical engine? I've only played 14 games in my ML.

Microsoft made a basketball game on the original Xbox that I use to love. It wasn't especially accurate when it came to stats...but I loved how I felt after I'd completed a game.

This game is close to that level for me now.

Last edited by XBox_Roughneck; 01-08-2019 at 06:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »