Home

eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2020 Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2019, 01:57 PM   #273
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

I've settled on Top Player with manual passing, difficulty wise. On Superstar and above, the CPU ditches authenticity in favor of optimal gameplay and every team seems to play the same, consisting of parking the bus then going on some unstoppable counter-attack when the ball is recovered. On Top Player, gameplay is more organic, teams play like their real life counterparts and manual passing keeps me from dominating possession and playing cheap through balls.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:59 AM   #274
Just started!

OVR: 0

So far so good. Myclub feels weird sometimes but overall i Think it is good game. 5* teams are way too op and use the same formations/players. I think 3* is where the good balance is. Even if they white bench
Old 01-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #275
Rookie

This game is far superior to FIFA. Once you get the hang of the "feel" of the controllers it really works. In Master League it is miles ahead of FIFA...transfers work, schedules work, league tables are appropriate, injuries and fouls work etc...etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2020, 11:40 AM   #276
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswell0075
This game is far superior to FIFA. Once you get the hang of the "feel" of the controllers it really works. In Master League it is miles ahead of FIFA...transfers work, schedules work, league tables are appropriate, injuries and fouls work etc...etc...

Agree it’s very good this year and very challenging in professional level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #277
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswell0075
Fifa is a complete joke gameplay wise. This game is a ton more realistic. I’m just still trying to get used to the controls and what works and doesn’t.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #278
MVP

lareka's Arena

To new-comers to PES mostly:

Did you use Fluid Formation / do you know what it is ?

I use it all the time, it's basically this:

You can fully control the formation of your team at Kick-off, when you have possession and when you don't have possession.

For example, check my ML season with SS Lazio formations:

At Kick-off - a rather unconventional line-up with no winger or wing back:

kick-off

At ON BALL POSSESSION: You can check Gabriel Barbosa and Correa leaning to wings at on ball possession playing defacto wingers in the system:

in-possession

When AI has POSSESSION- So me not playing a winger is not a problem because I slide the central midfielders to wing position to cover that side of the ball:

off-possession

You can change the setting as much as you want and find the perfect tactic for you. I definitely recommend it, you can fully customize how you play
Old 02-16-2020, 07:52 PM   #279
Rookie

xSubzer0x's Arena

Do you guys think Master League is better than FIFA Career mode? I usually always buy FIFA because of the presentation and licensing but I might give PES a shot.

Old 02-17-2020, 12:33 AM   #280
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubzer0x
Do you guys think Master League is better than FIFA Career mode? I usually always buy FIFA because of the presentation and licensing but I might give PES a shot.

I just got it after playing Fifa for a few months and there's no comparison. PES is the better game. Gameplay is much better and I'd say Master League is at least on par with Fifa's career mode. There's nothing you're actually going to miss. EA likes to add "features" that are actually tedious mini-tasks. Master League is more streamlined and easier to pick up and go.

From what I can tell so far, licensing is literally the only thing Fifa has going for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »