Home

eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2020 Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #241
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

I posted this on Evo earlier, but I was having issues with the defensive line following attackers/runners deep into the defensive third and even 18-yard box. Basically, the defensive line was being breached because a defender was allowing it to be. Similar to what used to happen on PES 2014 and 2015.

Found that by simply turning on Auto Offside in the support settings, the defensive line is much more in-tune with eachother and the CPU mixes up their forward play as a result.

Take a look and hope it helps:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 02:41 PM   #242
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I posted this on Evo earlier, but I was having issues with the defensive line following attackers/runners deep into the defensive third and even 18-yard box. Basically, the defensive line was being breached because a defender was allowing it to be. Similar to what used to happen on PES 2014 and 2015.

Found that by simply turning on Auto Offside in the support settings, the defensive line is much more in-tune with eachother and the CPU mixes up their forward play as a result.

Take a look and hope it helps:

Awesome find Matt!!

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Old 10-28-2019, 01:33 AM   #243
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Wow, that video looks amazing.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 10-28-2019, 05:02 PM   #244
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lareka
KG wrote a few weeks ago here that he got the info from the inside (KONAMI) to not to play the game at superstar level as the cpu cheats in different ways to win the game. So you should switch to top player and try the game like that because in superstar in previous PES games as well it's not a football game, it's a different game where you need to do specific things to win, not fun at all.
The only problem is that top player isn't competitive. It drives me crazy. Either dominate on top player or be overpowered (no matter who I am or the CPU is) on superstar. I can win at a semi realistic percent on superstar but some of the crap the CPU pulls is so frustrating.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:37 PM   #245
Rookie

OVR: 2

Really something strange but positive has happened since the patch. I'm seeing much quicker response time, agility and play execution now. There is more of an "anything can happen" feeling instead of the predictable slow moving grind than before.

Skilled players are feeling dangerous and I'm seeing a lot more variety. The strange part is that it didn't happen when the patch was 1st downloaded. I'm just now seeing these changes for some odd reason. I've even seen quite a few animations triggering that I've never noticed before. I've never seen a patch by them have this big of an impact.

At 1st I thought I had to be imagining things but it's definately changed. Feels like someone took the handcuffs off. Some of the moves and responsiveness are impressive and make everything feel much more alive. I think they might have tweaked player momentum to allow more responsiveness but hard to say but it definately feels much better overall to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 02:40 AM   #246
MVP

lareka's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
The only problem is that top player isn't competitive. It drives me crazy. Either dominate on top player or be overpowered (no matter who I am or the CPU is) on superstar. I can win at a semi realistic percent on superstar but some of the crap the CPU pulls is so frustrating.
The auto-controlling of this problem is to go with a mediocre team in ML in TOP Player instead of a top 3 team, that way it'll be more competitive. I agree what you say
Old 10-29-2019, 04:23 PM   #247
Rookie

bosoxfan1's Arena

OVR: 3

Has anyone seen the CPU make a low cross this year? Loving the game but there’s moments that they should’ve taken advantage and try a low cross but they refuse to.

Last edited by bosoxfan1; 10-29-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:47 AM   #248
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosoxfan1
Has anyone seen the CPU make a low cross this year? Loving the game but there’s moments that they should’ve taken advantage and try a low cross but they refuse to.
I have seen a few but I agree there should be a bit more. It was excessive last year so they seemed to have toned it way down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »