Home

What movies have you seen recently?

This is a discussion on What movies have you seen recently? within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #4401
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Alien
Spoiler

Aliens
Spoiler

Bourne Ultimatum
Spoiler

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #4402
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Alien
Spoiler

Aliens
Spoiler

Bourne Ultimatum
Spoiler
Those are some nice breakdowns of the films. I have to agree with you on the Bourne flick. I enjoy the trilogy, but the third is easily my least favorite movie (not saying it's bad, just not at the level of the first two).
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #4403
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

You're definitely spot on with the Alien movie breakdowns. The third was quite odd, but I recall seeing the first in a theatre and it plays well on the big screen which seemed to heighten the intensity. Any time a director can get his cast to have the average, normal looking interplay during "down" times, it always solidifies a realism in the flick for me. Regarding Aliens, I didn't get that feel as much and what actually significantly separates it from the first is:
Spoiler
Old 12-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #4404
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
You're definitely spot on with the Alien movie breakdowns. The third was quite odd, but I recall seeing the first in a theatre and it plays well on the big screen which seemed to heighten the intensity. Any time a director can get his cast to have the average, normal looking interplay during "down" times, it always solidifies a realism in the flick for me. Regarding Aliens, I didn't get that feel as much and what actually significantly separates it from the first is:
Spoiler
Ha, yeah. I didn't even know Paul was in Aliens until his name flashed up on the credits and I rolled my eyes. Its amazing that he was actually likable the first act of the film considering its ****ing Paul Reiser.

I'm with you on the Marines, but I think that is just something James Cameron does. Even the Sarge is the patented cigar chomping friendly, badass leader. As soon as he put in the cigar I busted out laughing, but its like a personal signal from Cameron that says, "There are 8-10 Marines here and they're all cliches." Watch Avatar and the army guys are written the same.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #4405
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Ha, yeah. I didn't even know Paul was in Aliens until his name flashed up on the credits and I rolled my eyes. Its amazing that he was actually likable the first act of the film considering its ****ing Paul Reiser.

I'm with you on the Marines, but I think that is just something James Cameron does. Even the Sarge is the patented cigar chomping friendly, badass leader. As soon as he put in the cigar I busted out laughing, but its like a personal signal from Cameron that says, "There are 8-10 Marines here and they're all cliches." Watch Avatar and the army guys are written the same.
If you wanna see Reiser in a great role (and just a great movie with tons of recognizeable stars in their early years), check out DINER if you haven't already. Just not enough of his character in that, though. I think I'll be watching this again over the holidays.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1216149899_1216828805.jpg (42.7 KB, 171 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #4406
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Cherry (2010)

The story wasn't bad for the typical coming-of-age plot, but it was too melodramatic for my taste.

It got to that point where I sat back and said: "This is too much." It felt like everything wrong in the world happened to the trio in this film.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #4407
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
If you wanna see Reiser in a great role (and just a great movie with tons of recognizeable stars in their early years), check out DINER if you haven't already. Just not enough of his character in that, though. I think I'll be watching this again over the holidays.
I just added this to my queue on Netflix after seeing it was added to Instant Stream. I've heard good things about this movie, so looking forward to watching.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #4408
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I just added this to my queue on Netflix after seeing it was added to Instant Stream. I've heard good things about this movie, so looking forward to watching.
You'll walk away wishing it was twice as long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »