Home

The Audiophile Thread

This is a discussion on The Audiophile Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 10:57 PM   #385
MVP

AntiBandwagoner's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Audiophile Thread

Bought the Superlux HD668B along with some replacement velour pads. The pads came later so I had about two weeks with the default ones.

With those, they sounded quite good but were essentially unusable for extended periods of time. Complete sweat magnets.

However, when the replacement pads came, it was a whole new world. Everything sounds great, and now they're comfortable as well. The pads and the cans total were around 45-50 bucks. I'd definitely recommend them, but only with the replacement pads.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 02:38 PM   #386
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I suggest people check out massdrop if they are looking to score a nice pair of cans. They drop the beyerdynamic, AKGs, Sonys, and other quality headphones for good prices.

https://www.massdrop.com
Old 06-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #387
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Always a good sign when you come to post in this thread and it's at the very top.

I've been wanting to blow some money. My PC speakers are a set of http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Speak...=operasport-20 that I bought back in 2009. They've been very good for a $60 set (I somehow paid $12 shipping for them too on Amazon). Maybe my hearing is changing, but it sounds more and more like a tin can the past year or so.

Not sure if I want to go http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-0...=operasport-20, or go a little crazier (finally be able to take advantage of FLAC files).

I don't know how to format apparently.

Last edited by SuperBowlNachos; 06-05-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:47 PM   #388
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Always a good sign when you come to post in this thread and it's at the very top.

I've been wanting to blow some money. My PC speakers are a set of http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Speak...=operasport-20 that I bought back in 2009. They've been very good for a $60 set (I somehow paid $12 shipping for them too on Amazon). Maybe my hearing is changing, but it sounds more and more like a tin can the past year or so.

Not sure if I want to go http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-0...=operasport-20, or go a little crazier (finally be able to take advantage of FLAC files).

I don't know how to format apparently.
I haven't heard these personally but my buddy raves about the yamaha hs7 speakers. They are expensive but he says they are amazing and they look effing sexy.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 06-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #389
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I picked up the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x today. Coming from Beats I'm really loving them.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 06-18-2015, 08:05 PM   #390
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Thought you guys might enjoy this....

How Beats Tricks You Into Thinking It Makes a Premium Product

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #391
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Last night I found a crack in my window. It's double-paned, and the crack is on the inside pane.

Is it possible that a subwoofer could have caused this when hitting certain LFE's while watching a movie very loudly, say like Transformers: Age of Extinction or Interstellar?

Remember, I have an SVS PC13-Ultra sub. I'm not putting it past it that this could have caused it, because I hadn't noticed the crack before and it couldn't have come from the outside (it's also behind our couch, so it's not like I can run into it).

EDIT: Here's a picture. If you don't see the crack, click on the spoiler button below to see a red curve of where it is about (the curve isn't perfect, but you'll probably see it after that).

Spoiler
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 06-26-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #392
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I wish I could break windows like that!

I'm hopefully moving out from my parents soon. So I am taking all my equipment. My parents heard what TV speakers would sound like and they have turned into audiophiles. Two small grandkids and a small budget leads them to a sound bar, but they will survive.

So I think I am going to go with getting them this when it goes on sale again - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yamaha-2...&skuId=3817053

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »