Home

The Audiophile Thread

This is a discussion on The Audiophile Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2017, 07:21 PM   #433
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The Audiophile Thread

^ Was able to flatten the SW to 15Hz.

I had forgotten how good War of the Worlds sounded on Blu-ray. The pod emerging scene is some of the best demo material to experience. Here is just a "visual" sample:

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-02-2017, 12:18 PM   #434
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Are there any decent soundbars that can be had for less than $125?

I'm thinking about getting one for my girlfriend's place. I have an LG SH3K on order, it was $104 open box, but not sure it will be here in time for the Super Bowl. Just wanting something that can get a little louder then the speakers on her H8C because we are having 12 people over with 2 TVs on opposite walls of a living room.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #435
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Are there any decent soundbars that can be had for less than $125?

I'm thinking about getting one for my girlfriend's place. I have an LG SH3K on order, it was $104 open box, but not sure it will be here in time for the Super Bowl. Just wanting something that can get a little louder then the speakers on her H8C because we are having 12 people over with 2 TVs on opposite walls of a living room.
I think for the price, the LG SH3K is probably the best option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 01:00 PM   #436
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

So I'm getting a new 4K tv with HDR (Samsung KS8000 65") and will be needing a new receiver capable of passing the 4K video signal.

Right now I have Onkyo TX-NR709 7.2 receiver and have been pretty happy with it but I'm open to considering other brands besides Onkyo. Also, I would like one that is Dolby Atmos enabled as I have read about that and it seems like a cool technology.

I know 4K receivers w Dolby Atmos ain't cheap but I am also not looking to spend a crazy amount of money either (was thinking maybe a $400 to $500 range if possible??)

Can you guys recommend any suggestions for me?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 02-02-2017, 01:12 PM   #437
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

What will you be using 4K for? Watching Blu-rays? Streaming Netflix? Gaming?

I only ask because in case nothing is in your budget, there are 4K Blu-ray players with two HDMI outputs, one specifically for audio and the other for video in case your receiver can't pass-through a 4K signal. Some splitters might even be able to do the same.

Gaming consoles have yet to feature this though, sadly. Hopefully they will do this by the next generation.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #438
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So I'm getting a new 4K tv with HDR (Samsung KS8000 65") and will be needing a new receiver capable of passing the 4K video signal.

Right now I have Onkyo TX-NR709 7.2 receiver and have been pretty happy with it but I'm open to considering other brands besides Onkyo. Also, I would like one that is Dolby Atmos enabled as I have read about that and it seems like a cool technology.

I know 4K receivers w Dolby Atmos ain't cheap but I am also not looking to spend a crazy amount of money either (was thinking maybe a $400 to $500 range if possible??)

Can you guys recommend any suggestions for me?
Here's some at Best Buy, all within that $400-$500 range.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-...?skuId=4941901

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/denon-12...?skuId=4895908

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yamaha-1...?skuId=5017100
Old 02-02-2017, 01:19 PM   #439
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What will you be using 4K for? Watching Blu-rays? Streaming Netflix? Gaming?

I only ask because in case nothing is in your budget, there are 4K Blu-ray players with two HDMI outputs, one specifically for audio and the other for video in case your receiver can't pass-through a 4K signal. Some splitters might even be able to do the same.

Gaming consoles have yet to feature this though, sadly. Hopefully they will do this by the next generation.
Mostly for PS4 Pro gaming, about 85% of the time, the other 10% 4K streaming from Hulu, Amazon, Netflix and then the remaining 5% will be when I eventually get Xbox Scorpio and start buying some UHD discs (but that will be rare).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 02-02-2017, 01:21 PM   #440
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Thanks Scott! I'm bookmarking all three of these now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »