Home

The Audiophile Thread

This is a discussion on The Audiophile Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2016, 11:10 AM   #425
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Audiophile Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I've been meaning to comment on this, but I just wanted to say this little speaker is pretty awesome.

I had it playing all Memorial Day weekend. Even had it out in the rain and it sounded great the whole weekend. The manual says 10 hours of playback, but I know I've had it on for longer than that after the initial charge.

Awesome recommendation.
Its probably one of the best things I bought in the last couple years. I bring that thing in the shower, kayaking, to the beach and use it daily for my laptop speaker. I knew i had to get two because my girlfriend was gonna hog it. And its only 40 bucks.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB

Last edited by RockinDaMike; 06-08-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #426
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I've been meaning to comment on this, but I just wanted to say this little speaker is pretty awesome.

I had it playing all Memorial Day weekend. Even had it out in the rain and it sounded great the whole weekend. The manual says 10 hours of playback, but I know I've had it on for longer than that after the initial charge.

Awesome recommendation.
I am going to check this out. I have a small one that has been great the last 1.5 years, but the battery seems to only last about an hour now.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #427
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
I am going to check this out. I have a small one that has been great the last 1.5 years, but the battery seems to only last about an hour now.
I've had mine for the same amount of time and its still the same as I got it. Its remarkable. The review on amazon how it survived a tornado and days of rainfall cracked me up. Can't beat that test.

IG FB
Old 06-09-2016, 01:06 PM   #428
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

The UE Roll caught my eye. Still on the small side, and has really good reviews. I think I have enough audio equipment in my house to stay on the small side of things.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:49 AM   #429
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Blzer has just welcomed a newborn to his audio family... the Anthem MRX 720 receiver.

After running ARC, this thing has just come to show that it is a beast. You never realize how much sound you're missing until you hear it. Just wow.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-08-2016 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #430
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Does anybody know how I could throw my turntable to external speakers via bluetooth?

My turntable is hooked up to an amp and then obviously the speakers on a console in my living room. I'd like to be able to put on a record and listen to it outside while I grill.

I'm just curious if it can be done. Spotify has been filling the need thus far, but Spotify doesn't have everything.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:02 AM   #431
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

Quote:
Does anybody know how I could throw my turntable to external speakers via bluetooth?

My turntable is hooked up to an amp and then obviously the speakers on a console in my living room. I'd like to be able to put on a record and listen to it outside while I grill.

I'm just curious if it can be done. Spotify has been filling the need thus far, but Spotify doesn't have everything.

Maybe connecting it to a laptop could do it.

IG FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 01:29 AM   #432
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Blzer has just welcomed a newborn to his audio family... the Anthem MRX 720 receiver.

After running ARC, this thing has just come to show that it is a beast. You never realize how much sound you're missing until you hear it. Just wow.
I was able to measure my new calibrated settings against the target curve (current is in green):

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 12-10-2016 at 01:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »