Home

Survivor: Edge of Extinction

This is a discussion on Survivor: Edge of Extinction within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2019, 12:35 AM   #57

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Survivor: Edge of Extinction

I should've known better.

I started warming up to Ron in this episode, he gets voted out 40 minutes later.

Jury clearly wants Devens to win (so much for jury being "quiet" and "here only to observe"). I hope so too, but will he even make it to the end?

For me, the worst F3 of remaining players are: Victoria, Julie, Aurora. Even Gavin winning I find would be underwhelming.

But based on preview for next week (which is final episode before the finale):
Spoiler

I read a spoiler on what S39 theme will be. It somewhat connects with S40, but it sounds both weird and fun at same time:
Spoiler
Old 05-02-2019, 10:56 AM   #58
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I should've known better.

I started warming up to Ron in this episode, he gets voted out 40 minutes later.

Jury clearly wants Devens to win (so much for jury being "quiet" and "here only to observe"). I hope so too, but will he even make it to the end?

For me, the worst F3 of remaining players are: Victoria, Julie, Aurora. Even Gavin winning I find would be underwhelming.

But based on preview for next week (which is final episode before the finale):
Spoiler

I read a spoiler on what S39 theme will be. It somewhat connects with S40, but it sounds both weird and fun at same time:
Spoiler
Rick already had a big enough target on his back and the jury so openly rooted for him hurts him even more. At this point, anyone outside of Rick or who ever comes back for EoE winning is likely to be disappointing to me. Maybe that will change with the last part of the game still ahead of us but man they really took out all of my front runners as some as the merge hit.

Regarding your last spoiler:

Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-02-2019, 11:44 AM   #59

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Rick already had a big enough target on his back and the jury so openly rooted for him hurts him even more. At this point, anyone outside of Rick or who ever comes back for EoE winning is likely to be disappointing to me. Maybe that will change with the last part of the game still ahead of us but man they really took out all of my front runners as some as the merge hit.

Regarding your last spoiler:

Spoiler
That's a bittersweet part of Survivor. Big moves and blindsides are great to have, but then it leads to an ending where the winner isn't so good because all the good players were taken out. That's what made Game Changers not as special for me. Season as a whole was great, even if my faves were all taken out pre-jury. But then having Sarah ending up being the one who won(she played a good game, I just never liked her), didn't make it feel as rewarding in the end.

As for next season:
Spoiler
Old 05-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #60
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

His acting after playing the expired advantage was amazing
Old 05-02-2019, 03:20 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 0

Ron won't care, because I am not sure he has a soul. Julie, though, Devins' response is going to wreck her emotionally.

The show really needs one of the good EoE players to get in the game and win this thing. The current roster still in the game is not very interesting.

Was interesting to learn that searching bags is officially allowed in the rules. That just seems wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 03:41 PM   #62

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Was interesting to learn that searching bags is officially allowed in the rules. That just seems wrong.
It's been allowed forever, but this was first time I heard them acknowledge it on TV. Probably done intentionally because fans have always complained about it happening and ask if it's allowed.

It SHOULDN'T be allowed at all. You're not allowed to steal anything though(Survivor rules, even if you find an idol that someone else found, production will step in and say you're not allowed to keep it, someone else has claimed it). Even a few years ago when transferring idols, they had to do so infront of a camera and actually say "I am giving my idol to ___" as proof.

The response I've usually just seem from Jeff was something like "If you don't want people finding an idol in your bag, don't hide it in your bag.", which just seems like they're ignoring the invasion of privacy stuff.

As for EoE players, the 3 Lesu members are only ones I care about seeing return. I'd still take a returning Joe or Aubry winning over a Julie or Victoria (even if Joe/Aubry haven't exactly done anything seeing how they were gone weeks ago), but thats more because of how unimportant some of these players are. I'm usually against voted out people winning the game (don't think it's ever happened before, but on Big Brother Canada, there have been multiple occasions where a voted out player almost won the game in F2(1 time they lost due to biggest botch in reality tv history)).
Old 05-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #63
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I've long been an advocate of "you have to keep some of the strong players around for a shield" strategy. It's good to have some weaker players in the game because you want to be in the final 3 with them, but you never want a gaggle of weak players like you have this season.

When Devins, Ron and Wardog were making their pack to stick together because they were the strongest players (lol) and could be shields for one another, all I could do was shake my head. The odds say that no one player is going to sweep all of the immunity challenges and I can't help but think where those three would be if they would have kept a stronger player (or two) or a returning player in the game instead of keeping all of the weaker players around.

Hopefully, this season will cause some of the middle of the road (strength-wise) to re-think their strategy a bit because once you become the biggest target (especially mid-game) it's hard to shake that.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #64

Majingir's Arena

I never get that "strongest player" label either.

Nobody is gonna win immunity after immunity after immunity after immunity. Best run to the finals recently was Ben, and even he had 2 idol finds along with getting some big challenge wins.

What I don't get are why "physical" players are billed as threats. Just because you're more athletic and/or have bigger muscles, doesn't mean you'll do well. If anything, bigger muscles someone has, the worse they'll do in most challenges such as endurance ones (look at last challenge, do you think some 6 foot guy is winning a challenge where you have to hold yourself up while standing on 1 inch rungs)? Wardog being a big example of that. He was completely useless in challenges.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »