Home

Disney+

This is a discussion on Disney+ within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Disney+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Enjoying it. Have re-watched some classics to introduce to my kids. Some of these titles had been previously hard to find without paying a significant amount of money. Will be checking out some of the original film/shows in the next couple of days. Love the interface on the web and on the Roku as well. They do need a "continue watching" section like Netflix does though.
The continue watching was there in the beginning and then taken out because of bugs. It's been rolling out again since yesterday, I have it back both on my iPad and Apple TV devices.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:55 PM   #58
All Star

OVR: 0

continue watching option got added like either yesterday or today. I didn't use Disney+ yesterday but before that i had not had the option at all sense this came out and i got Disney+ on day 1. I heard some people say it was there at launch but removed because of issues but when i got Disney+ at launch i didn't have the option that night or the next morning. So this is the first time i have seen the option on ps4 that is. Also heard 15.5 million people have got Disney+ now.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 11-28-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:07 PM   #59
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
If you want to watch them all I would recommend watching them in the order of how they were released:

• Episode 4
  • Episode 5
  • Episode 6
  • Episode 1
  • Episode 2
  • Episode 3
  • Episode 7
  • Episode 8

As far as the original six films, I was recommended Machete Order when I saw them all for the first time, and I can't imagine going any other order that would have had a greater impact for me.
  • Episode 4
  • Episode 5
  • Episode 1
  • Episode 2
  • Episode 3
  • Episode 6
  • Episode 7
  • Episode 8
Seeing Episode I - III before VI allowed me to:

Spoiler

As far as Rogue One, I don't know if it's because of the "downgrade" that you get in visuals and effect going from R1 to IV (especially the Vader corridor scene to Vader vs. Obi Wan) or the prequel effect of seeing Leia at the end after having seen Episode IV, but I don't know if I like seeing that one first as much. I feel like Rogue One should just be watched at any point after Episode VII. I like getting Rey as our first female lead, and then you can go to Jyn thereafter.

Oh, and unless they continue that Solo timeline, **** that one. I doubt it's on Disney+ right now anyway for contractual reasons.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #60
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
I agree, you gotta start on how they were released. I think a lot of people would stop by Attack of the Clones lol.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
If i had never watched them before and where to start going threw them in store order i would never want to watch any more after 1 and 2. 1 and 2 are complete trash and solo i find just boring. I am going threw star wars movies again before Rise comes out and i always skip 1 and 2 and solo. 3-8 and RO are the ones worth watching. Watching 5 right now before i leave to go up to my grandpa's for thanksgiving in a little over a hour.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:09 AM   #61
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up watching the original trilogy first; then the prequel trilogy; and finally, the episodes 7 and 8 (on Netflix). I hadn't seen a single Star Wars movie before last week and now I have run through all the main entries. I knew the broad strokes just from pop culture and Family Guy and stuff, but it was enjoyable. I think I enjoyed the prequels the most. I found them to be the most layered. I know why the originals spawned such a cult following. The last two were fine but I felt it lacked the character development of the others. It felt bland and by the numbers and unbalanced. I enjoyed them, though. I'll be checking out the Mandelorian now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 06:56 AM   #62
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Disney+

Actual machete order skips The Phantom Menace and shouldn't be done because 1) Darth Maul is awesome and 2) it's unnecessary. If they try to deprive you of Duel of the Fates, they can't be trusted.

When you say the prequels are more layered, what do you mean?
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

Last edited by DieHardYankee26; 12-02-2019 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:00 AM   #63
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Noticed on the top of the homepage it has added the Home Alone movies. I didn't know they were Disney?
Old 12-02-2019, 08:30 AM   #64
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Noticed on the top of the homepage it has added the Home Alone movies. I didn't know they were Disney?

They’re part of 21st Century Fox movies/shows that Disney acquired earlier this year or last year. You’ll also notice The Simpsons as the other big one. Potentially be able to get King of the Hill, Futurama etc later down the line too.

Underrated selling point for the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »