Home

Man, I am depressed...

This is a discussion on Man, I am depressed... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2005, 11:46 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Man, I am depressed...

Once in a while i still when playing ESPN NFL 2k5..i just want to throw my controller and fall to the ground and cry like a baby..and yes im a 31 year old man lol.

But there is hope guys..we are faced with only one other NFL football game and i have my hopes set up high for Madden x360. Lets just hope for the best
Old 07-17-2005, 01:47 AM   #18
MVP

kweiss's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm bummed too. All this news on Madden makes me realize how much I want to play ESPN NFL 2K6. All I can think about is, "If Madden looks like this, how awesome would 2K6 have been?" It's like I'm settling for second best.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:01 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kweiss
I'm bummed too. All this news on Madden makes me realize how much I want to play ESPN NFL 2K6. All I can think about is, "If Madden looks like this, how awesome would 2K6 have been?" It's like I'm settling for second best.
Third best. 2K4 was better than Madden 06 will be
Old 07-17-2005, 01:25 PM   #20
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Also, this year, I plan to play more First Person Mode just to keep things fresh and make it seem like an all new game this year! I will also try to complete all of the challenges in the Crib mode as well.

BigBlue
Thats exactly what I was going to do. Play the next season in first person mode to get an all new feel to the game. Gives you a whole new level of difficulty to deal with.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:42 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

wow this is wierd.. I've been feeling the same way. VC TT 2k5 really brought football gaming to a whole new level.. Its sucks to have this "what could have been feeling"(2k6)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
It's not gone. It's just not going to be updated to NFL 2k6.

I played both a ton last year, and just recently I've been playing ESPN NFL 2k5 a bunch. I'm having trouble finding sliders that will give me good, realistic/sim results throughout a whole game.

I found a set that worked for about 3 quarters, then in the 4th quarter I picked off like 4 straight passes and the stats got really skewed.
If the CPU has to pass to tie or win he game how is that not realistic unless the CPU is ahead and throwing the ball when it shouldn't be. You have good things happen when you call the right defenses in the 2K series.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:31 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was extremely upset too, for a while, and then I ran over to the Roster section in this forum and found a plethora of update sliders, complex rating adjustments, and roster updates. More than anything, the rating adjustments make the game play even more realistic, fixing virtually all of the CPU AI problems like weak passing, running, and missed blocks. Its amazing how effective the ratings are when you play with them a bit and alot of guys have put a ton of time into keeping 2K5 up-to-date.

please check out the section. I don't even need to check on madden 06' news this fall (and I've bought madden religiously since 99'), because I don't need it this year thanks to the roster updates
Old 07-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm the same way. I remember checking the operation sports, teamxbox, and espnvideogames websites daily for updated ESPN information at this time last year. Now, there's nothing. Just emptiness and frustration from playing my rented copy of NCAA06. I really think this will affect the videogame market big time in the future. I hate to say this, but I'm fairly certain Madden on the 360 will look nice, but play the same as on this generation consoles...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »