Home

"Generic never felt so authentic"

This is a discussion on "Generic never felt so authentic" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #17
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: "Generic never felt so authentic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
People do respond well to humor, but I'd prefer to see APF 2K8 being promoted more in an informative manner. Answer the question: What can I do with this game?

For example: Guy sitting on his couch, with a controller in hand. A friend walks into the room and sits down.

"Alright, what's so important I just had to rush over here and... Dude, what team is that?" *Show screenshot of created player and uniform*

"Oh, that's my QB for the Miami... Sharks. All Pro Football lets you create a football league from the ground up!"

"Seriously? That uniform looks cool! Wait, what about a team for MY city, New York?"

"No prob. Once you have the city you want," *Show screen of scrolling through city name list* "then you just name them and pick team colors and a logo."

"Cool, how about the New York... Knights! Yeah, and some dark blue uniforms with black trim and-"

*Hands controller over to friend* "Okay, get to it. All Pro Football is ALL about custom options."

*Friend takes controller and with a grin starts pushing buttons*

"Hey, just wait till you see how good this game looks in motion!"

*Cut to shot of APF 2K8 cover shot*

Hopefully the viewer gets the idea they can create a team of their own. Did we answer every possible question? No, not at all. We just showed a bit of what the game can do, get them interested.

Talk up the POSITIVE about the game, how you can create and customize. Don't focus on the LACK of an NFL license, don't even mention it.
Thast not a bad idea, simple, you could build up from here.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I don't know about slogans, but a good idea for a commercial would be to do a parody of how, in taste tests, no name brands are chosen more often than the big names, whether it comes to cola, chips etc.

Have people do a taste test of soft drinks and stuff and then have them do "taste tests" of Madden and All-Pro, but actually have them bite the boxes of the games. Make it all corny-like, have the people that taste Madden say "taste's so stale, like it's been sitting around for 16 years" with a sour look on the person's face.

Just an idea...
LOL!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 7

stop blowing up this game like its the greatest game of all time. No one knows a thing about it ..all this hype and talk and this game is destiend to be a dissapointment. Just wait until it comes out and then discuss. Jesus.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #20
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

well 3 years ago the same developers did put out the greatest thing ever (as far as football gaming goes anyway) so hype and heavy anticipation is to be expected
Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #21
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
Not two guys sitting around.
Huh, Madden used this approach in a way with this year's version, but it was the voice of guys talking as they are playing. I think some of the ad ideas were rather creative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #22
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dork
stop blowing up this game like its the greatest game of all time. No one knows a thing about it ..all this hype and talk and this game is destiend to be a dissapointment. Just wait until it comes out and then discuss. Jesus.
Come on Mr. Rain on Everyone's Parade! The speculation, the anticipation, the excitement, the hype all of this are the fun part. Even if the game ends up a huge disappointment, it will still give everyone another thing to talk about

...though I don't think it will be a disappointment
Old 04-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

^those madden commercials got absolutely panned by ad-critic tho

the setup might mesh w/ many OSers, but the majority of the population who play madden do so just casually ...as such ppl did not exactly gravitate toward two 20-somethings playing videogames & trash-talking about it during replays

b/c the casual gamer makes up a ton more $$$ than the hardcore, that campaign will not make a repeat
Old 04-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #24
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

I would also like to see the majority of the adds showing gameplay. Preferably gameplay aspects where the game exceeds Madden.

2K does have a solid base of customers. No need to direct advertising here, as this crowd is already buying. There is also a good chunk of EA diehards that won't change no matter what....again, no need to waste time or money on this group. The group of people that remains are folks that usually buy Madden, but might be getting a bit disenchanted with the series. But at the same time, they are used to the controls, their friends still have Madden, and they really need to be "Wowed" to buy something else. I don't think this would be accomplished with a quirky campaign. I think it needs to be 30 seconds of incredible footage that makes people say "Wow...is that a real game?"

Back in the mid 90's, before EA turned to the darkside, their ads where filled with gameplay hilights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »