Home

Anti-Madden reaches the media

This is a discussion on Anti-Madden reaches the media within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #33
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Anti-Madden reaches the media

I now wish to apologize for ever throwing a rock at a hornet's nest...

heh.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #34
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aff4life
I now wish to apologize for ever throwing a rock at a hornet's nest...

heh.
I would say it's far from a hornet's nest. It's a discussion, but it's far too easy for people to either lock threads or treat things as rude arguments when they're not even close, and this isn't even close. From my point of view, it's a pretty civilized discussion that hasn't downgraded into name calling or flaming, and it never was going to.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #35
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

I think I could accurately represent the vast majority of 2k fans when I say that 99% of us aren't really so much as "bitter" anymore as we're just angry that EA's taken America's most beloved sport, and flushed it's gaming sim right down toilet. It's more about no longer having the option to pick out a good product. If we want a new NFL sim, we HAVE to buy Madden, even if it's lacking in quality/innovation. Do we probably prefer VC and the 2k franchise? Sure, no doubt about that but things are the way they are and EA has the license for a few more years. I don't think any of us would mind playing Madden until that expires as long as they went back to their Madden 05 frame of mind.

That's probably not going to happen until VC, or someone else comes along and slaps them around again. Until then, people like me are going to continue to opt out and either play 2k5 with new rosters, or simply bid time doing something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I loved 2k5, still do. I found Madden to be very bland since the license deal. But this years is great. It's a shame so many people haven't tried it or won't because of past games. This is probably the best one ever IMO.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #37
Banned

I posted a comment about that article too. And PFT is far better than ESPN, Sportsline, etc. Anyone who doesnt think so must be a Madden fan. Oh well, better you than me.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:54 AM   #38
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I posted a comment about that article too. And PFT is far better than ESPN, Sportsline, etc. Anyone who doesnt think so must be a Madden fan. Oh well, better you than me.
Dan, in that purely Wayne's-World-Rob-Lowe-learns-a-Scooby-Lesson-at-the-end kinda way, "I love you, man!"
Old 08-15-2008, 01:56 AM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
PFT's a joke and always has been. What that has to do with being a Madden fan, I don't know either. Although I don't know why you have to be a fan of just one game, or have blind brand loyalty either. Must be a generational thing.

But to each their own.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:04 AM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
PFT's a joke and always has been. What that has to do with being a Madden fan, I don't know either. Although I don't know why you have to be a fan of just one game, or have blind brand loyalty either. Must be a generational thing.

But to each their own.
Anyone who thinks that PFT is a joke obviously is still stuck in the ESPN zone. PFT is far better than all and has major advertisement deals with the NFL, Sprint and others. If they were a joke and didnt have a huge loyal fanbase, do you really think that the NFL would pay to advertise on their site?

PFT broke the entire Michael Vick story and had more coverage on it than ESPN or anyone else. PFT gets the scoop on more stuff than ESPN and the rest but those who dont read PFT think it's usually ESPN that gets the scoop but their not. I used to be like you. Watching ESPN and thinking that there was nothing else out there. I was wrong. I have been going to PFT since 2004 when they broke the Ricky Williams retirement story.

Look at the Steven Jackson HOLDOUT in STL. No one but PFT is even paying attention to it despite it being very newsworthy. The reason why I prefer PFT over all is they dont kiss anyone's *** or sugarcoat a damn thing. They tell it the way it is. Also, they post real contract info, not the bullcrap that you see on ESPN. Take Nate Clements of my 49ers for example. Everyone thinks that he signed an 8 year/$80m contract but in reality, it's actually a 7 year/$64m contract. The final year has no bonus money and is backloaded with $16m in money that I can guarantee he'll never ever see.

The reason I included Madden is simple. All of those who play Madden are the same people who think PFT is crap and swear by ESPN but if they actually took the time to wake the hell up and play 2k5, they would realize that like PFT, they're only willing to play or read the best and not get ripped off in the process. And another thing - when ESPN has to "charge" people for so-called exclusive info, people should then realize that their just like EA - in it for the money no matter how much their product sucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »