Home

espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5

This is a discussion on espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5

Does anyone know if 2k4 works on ps3? I bought it for ps2 and was looking into purchasing a ps3, I currently have 360 and my old xbox is dead. So far i think the competition and gameplay is best with 2k4, as for the presentation the difference is minimal, not enough to be a factor. The major difference I noticed is lack of momentum when changing direction. I personally think the animations for double tackling flow together better than 2k5. In the end I prefer the gameplay strengths of 2k4 over 2k5. So many people play 2k5 because it was so cheap when it first came out, alot of them never tried 2k4 and if they did I think they would prefer it.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:17 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaskingpin
Does anyone know if 2k4 works on ps3? I bought it for ps2 and was looking into purchasing a ps3, I currently have 360 and my old xbox is dead. So far i think the competition and gameplay is best with 2k4, as for the presentation the difference is minimal, not enough to be a factor. The major difference I noticed is lack of momentum when changing direction. I personally think the animations for double tackling flow together better than 2k5. In the end I prefer the gameplay strengths of 2k4 over 2k5. So many people play 2k5 because it was so cheap when it first came out, alot of them never tried 2k4 and if they did I think they would prefer it.
The newer "slim" PS3's are NOT backwards compatible, so no.

I have an old "fattie" ps3, which is BC, so I can play PS2 games.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

The 2K5 INT problem makes the game unplayable to me. No edited rosters or slider combination fixes it to my satisfaction. The NFL average for INTs is one per team per game. 2K5 averages 3-4.

I still play 2K4. I sent Finn an email a few years ago to ask him if he develop an editor for 2K4. I even offered to pay him for it. He said to send him a roster and franchise file and that he would look at it. I never heard back from him after that. If any of you guys have any better influence on Finn, maybe we could get him to take a look at it again.

Update:

I just looked up an old PM from Finn from 2006! That's how long I've been pursuing this!! Here's what he had to say:

I will dig up my old code to see where I left it and get back to when I have an idea on whether it is worth pursuing.

Cheers,
Finn

Clearly he has investigated a 2K4 editor at some point. Maybe we could rekindle his interest.

Last edited by bbfan66; 08-12-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Update:
Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 22

Yeah we really need the editor!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 12

I sent him a pm about a month or so ago and even left him a message in his arena. He got back to me and said "he didn't have time right now, but you never know." I didn't want to seem like I didn't appreciate his 2k5 editor, so I left it at that.
I am still hopeful that someday he does this, but I don't see it happening because he has been asked several times by alot of different people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 10:12 AM   #62
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

He created a editor for BackBreaker so I doubt he will be going back to 2k4.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 15

anyone know if espn nfl 2k4 will work on xbox 360?
Old 08-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 15

by the way, I believe 2k4 is the better game, ftw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »