Home

espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5

This is a discussion on espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5

what does the editor actually do? Is the editor for XBOX or PS2? Where do I get it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Brand new to this forum but really glad I found it...my take is that 2k4 is overall the better game. After playing 2k4 it is really hard to go back to 2k5..I'll break it down the strengths of each game as I see it:

2K4:
  • Lightning fast game play
  • Possible 80 yard deep pass
  • opposing QB's escape rather than just standing in
  • have to work harder at getting to the QB, really have to develop technique
  • Can choose Team high's arm bands and vented helmets

2K5:
  • More comprehensive salary strucure
  • More uniform selections
  • More adjustments available on defense, take a player out of his zone and assign him to a particular defender, putting a player into blitz

Conclusion: 2K4 has better game play, is more intuitive and offers more uniform design options. I am splitting hairs here as 2K5 is an awesome game, just not as awesome as the year before
Old 04-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #67
Rookie

simeoncam50's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
anyone know if espn nfl 2k4 will work on xbox 360?
Nfl 2k4 does not work for the 360, but espn Nfl 2k3 Ferver 2004 and of course 2k5 work on the 360.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:50 AM   #68
Rookie

simeoncam50's Arena

I would like to know the interest in ESPN 2K4 ROSTERS. Are there any people out there who would want a roster? Xbox.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:40 PM   #69
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeoncam50
I would like to know the interest in ESPN 2K4 ROSTERS. Are there any people out there who would want a roster? Xbox.
I did some digging in the hex of the save file awhile ago and found out how to do some basic changes. Change players photo's, positions, etc. The only thing I couldn't get past was the renaming of players. I know there's only a certain number of changes you can do before the game won't allow you to edit names anymore. That was the only thing that held me back from doing a full roster for that game.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #70
Rookie

simeoncam50's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
I did some digging in the hex of the save file awhile ago and found out how to do some basic changes. Change players photo's, positions, etc. The only thing I couldn't get past was the renaming of players. I know there's only a certain number of changes you can do before the game won't allow you to edit names anymore. That was the only thing that held me back from doing a full roster for that game.
So there is a limit on the changes and there is not way to change the names or people just haven't found or looked for a way as of yet? Thanks for the information. I wish I could change names and have a full roster for 2K4. One more thing do you know the player limit on changes?

Last edited by simeoncam50; 02-21-2014 at 02:41 AM. Reason: ask another question.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:52 PM   #71
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

Yeah it's the same as in 2K5. You can only rename a certain number of players (in-game) until you get that warning. I'm not sure of the number off the top of my head. 50-ish maybe? Plus you have the CAP's so you can possibly rename and create the star players for every team but nowhere near a full roster without a proper editor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 02:11 AM   #72
Rookie

simeoncam50's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillBoldberg
Yeah it's the same as in 2K5. You can only rename a certain number of players (in-game) until you get that warning. I'm not sure of the number off the top of my head. 50-ish maybe? Plus you have the CAP's so you can possibly rename and create the star players for every team but nowhere near a full roster without a proper editor.
Man that's no good I really like 2K4 it is a nice playing game on ST, Running game and Qb's seem smarter or play smarter. When they feel pressure they attempt to escape and not stand back there like Manning. Iv'e also noticed that when you change some of the players(example) Clinton Portis and change his number and name the PBP is way off for that player so that also is not good. maybe one day we get an editor for names . Who knows. Thanks for all the information.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »