Home

espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5

This is a discussion on espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: espn nfl 2k4 or espn nfl 2k5

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
are the graphics better on the xbox for NFL 2k4? I bought it for the PS2, and the graphics are pretty bad. But on youtube, the graphics look a lot closer to 2k5. So I'm thinking that the xbox graphics are a bit better than PS2. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, the graphics on Xbox are better than they are on PS2 but at the same time, the game was programmed on Xbox and then ported over to PS2. Both 2K4 and 2K5 look better on Xbox but play the same. I personally play 2K5 on PS2 and just bought the HDD new for $33.00 with shipping off ebay. I also bought a new 2K5 for $24 and yeah, I now I could have gotten one for pennies but I wanted a new one factory sealed. All I need now is the Network Adapter and a used bulky PS2 and I'll have highlights again. Woohoo!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #50
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I keep going back and forth. Each do things good and bad. i like not having to manually control the 1st round of the draft in 2k4. but i like the more variety of animations and overall gameplay of 2k5
Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 22

I just ordered 2K4 off of eBay. What sliders are you guys using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny77733
Yes, the graphics on Xbox are better than they are on PS2 but at the same time, the game was programmed on Xbox and then ported over to PS2. Both 2K4 and 2K5 look better on Xbox but play the same. I personally play 2K5 on PS2 and just bought the HDD new for $33.00 with shipping off ebay. I also bought a new 2K5 for $24 and yeah, I now I could have gotten one for pennies but I wanted a new one factory sealed. All I need now is the Network Adapter and a used bulky PS2 and I'll have highlights again. Woohoo!!!
You should have taken all that money you spent and got an xbox1 and the game. You just can't beat the xbox for these games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
You should have taken all that money you spent and got an xbox1 and the game. You just can't beat the xbox for these games.
I had Xbox before and while I prefer the PS2 controller over the Xbox's S-Controller, the reason why I went back to PS2 is so I wouldnt have to deal with the AR program not opening up on my laptop. I would use AR for days and despite using it minutes earlier, it would then decide not to even open up the program which forced me to remove the program and re-install it. I got to the point where I just had enough.

Either way, it doesnt matter, im creating a 2010 roster for PS2 so by the time week one rolls around, I'll be good to start playing.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:59 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 22

I ordered 2K4 and I've been playing it for about a week. I have to say, "I like it better than 2K5 as far as gameplay goes". Presentation is great, but not as great as 2K5.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:16 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 12

Can you imagine how good this game would be if we had an editor like 2k5? I think alot of people would find that they like the gameplay better. I hope someday Finn will do one for us.
As far as presentation goes it is very good, but 2k5 is better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 21

I thought the gameplay in 2K4 was a bit tighter. I did not like the QB "spin around 360 degrees before making a throw" animation, the RBs were way to strong (fixed through editor), and the cpu never threw long. Aside from that, it holds up very well and even surpasses 2K5 for some on field things.

The presentation was inferior to 2K5 and you could only add a limited number of players (historic teams go out the window), too. But all in all, if an editor was made for 2K4, it would garner alot more attention I think.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »