Home

CFL 2K12 (working title) (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)?

This is a discussion on CFL 2K12 (working title) (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #65
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: So.... look what I found

FYI, its been removed from every one of those websites.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by grismosw
FYI, its been removed from every one of those websites.
Thats because 2k made some kind of deal that will allow them to have an NFL and NCAAFB game out next year.....

― Plato
Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #67
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Thats because 2k made some kind of deal that will allow them to have an NFL and NCAAFB game out next year.....
That's pretty funny...
“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
Old 09-28-2010, 12:33 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: CFL 2K12 (working title) (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I believe that the college football license will no longer be exclusive. But I am not too sure if we'll see two college football games. I would love to see NCAA 2k12 or 2k13, whenever, but I don't know if 2k is willing to dive back into football. Part of me says yes because they known they still have their old fan base, but part of me thinks that 2k feels its fine making just NBA and MLB games.
I wouldn't think 2K has much faith in the old NFL2K fanbase after the abysmal sales of APF. Aside from the NBA series, the years have not been good to 2K Sports. Their MLB title is The Show's chew toy. Prizefighter was god-awful at best. Their NHL game has been chased into the netherworld of Wii-exclusivity.

If another company ever made another football game my money would be on SCE being the one with the hot new product.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:47 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 27

I wouldn't blame the fanbase on the outcome of 2K8. After all, 2K made a lot of mistakes with promotion, concept design, and management of project funds. To make matters worse, they didn't really listen to the fans at all on most of the things being asked for. They blew a golden opportunity, because at the time there was a large outcry for a new 2K football game and people really did want to support it. Notice how after release there hasn't been another outcry like that...

They left a lot of people disappointed, and to this day I'm not sure if they realize the mistakes they made. Just go back to the first interview about the game and some of the things said about the game's direction. I don't know about anyone else, but I remember saying to myself right there "These guys are about to blow it". It just sounded like they didn't have the right frame of mind.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 9

In my opinion a College game would be a better option. The exclusive deal isn't getting extended or it probably would've been extended by now. The precedent with American Needle will, more than likely, convince the NCAA not to extend the exclusive deal. There's no way that NCAA can consider themselves a single-entity. The NCAA is far more popular than the CFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
One thing that peaks my curiosity is the fact that EA's NCAA license ends soon and we haven't heard anything about them renewing it. Usually in these cases they don't let something like this get close to expiring before they renew it.

Obviously they have time to renew it, and could be in negotiations as we speak, but if not, then 2k should jump all over that.
The NCAA isn't renewing the license. The precedent with American Needle has been set.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 09-28-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #71
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

My dream would be Football 2k12. College and Nfl in one game. Never going to happen but as long as we're dreaming.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 AM   #72
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I hope IF 2K makes a NCAA game they go the route of CH2K8 and allow for users to share content: rosters, sliders, settings, etc. This gives the devs more time to work on the nuts & bolts - instead of wasting man hours on filing rosters without real players anyway - while also giving the community input and a sense of ownership.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »