Home

Am I the only one shaking my head....

This is a discussion on Am I the only one shaking my head.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2003, 10:26 AM   #25
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Am I the only one shaking my head....

Well said SportsorDeath.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2003, 11:03 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

SportsorDeath said:
Once again, why is it so hard for people to comprehend that Visual Concepts does not consist solely of two people locked in a room working on the game?

Some of you act like since they are adding the Crib, it means they spent way less time on the actual gameplay. Do you not realize the amount of people who work on game projects? They are able to work on many aspects at the same time, you know. It isn't like there is one guy working on the Crib feature, and the rest of VC's team just sits around twiddling their thumbs, waiting for him to get done with it so they can go work on the gameplay.

The way I see it is that the Crib is just an added bonus on top of what should be a great game. It may be stupid, and it may not. You can actually consider it a custom soundtrack feature with a bunch of little extra stuff thrown in. Either way, I doubt it took quite as much time or manpower as some of you think it did.

Even if you don't like it, at least it is there for people who decide to use it.

Word
Old 07-26-2003, 11:10 AM   #27
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I look at the Crib kinda like "My NCAA" its a place were you can go and look at the records your broke, and the awards you won. Its more of a graphic version then a Menu version.
And I for one like to be able to look at my records and such.

Cpre5
Old 07-26-2003, 11:34 AM   #28
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

3rdAnswer said:
Quote:

mackandmoon said:
what game did you buy last year?

Madden

Old 07-26-2003, 12:03 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

3rdAnswer said:
about the Crib mode in ESPN ?

I think it's absolutely stupid. This made me not wanna buy anymore Sega games, since they think showing off a house is more important than adding gameplay features...

Umm, what really makes you think they didn't work on or improve gameplay? From all accounts, the gameplay has been fixed and things have been improved.

I think that the Crib Mode is going to be a nice feature. It's a nice spice to the user profile, that will be great to use when I'm checking out all of my accomplishments. I like all the items that you can possibly unlock.

Spiced up user profile, that's how I view it, and there is nothing wrong with that.

CRH
Old 07-26-2003, 12:38 PM   #30
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Ive never said that they dont work on game play because I Sega and VC bust there @ss ever year trying to give the best football title around..That beening said for all Seagsports title..Im just not going to use this extra fature thats it..I wish they would have added in game saves, hall of fame, just little things like that. Some time the little thigs are a big deal..Well anyway Im sorry if you guys think on getting on Seag cause im not Ive always loved the Seag sports titles for a long time. IM sure this game will rock and I just cant wait to have it maybe thats why Im being so antsy...Oh well 9/2 needs to come now please...By the way Ive seen the videos over a gamespot and the player modles lok like there back to narmal they even look better (look at M.Alstot his arms look really detailed.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:02 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

I think everyone should play "Crib" mode before judging it. And people should also play "Owner mode" before saying all your doing is selling hotdogs and popcorn.

Don't jump to conclusions. I've said enough to get my point out, I'm going to wait until ESPN and Madden comes out before judging it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2003, 02:50 PM   #32
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

mrnoobie said:
Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

make sure you READ all that Footballforever and READ it slowly Klue pretty much explains it all as did i about this not being a mode. im the guy who "bashed" owners mode guess i dont like it just like you dont like crib fairs fair

Okay my bad....The "Crib" is a flashy user profile that will attract more casual gamers to ESPN through Marketing, thats all ...better?

Quote:

but your a fellow Giants fan so im confident that you'll get it

Giants? Giants? , Klue never was and never will be a Giants fan ....It's Titans for life, get it right buddy

actually Klue this was toward FootballForever just lookin at his avatar clearly shows he knows who the superior team is on the EAST!

Oh, my bad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »