Home

ESPN Flaws - overrated

This is a discussion on ESPN Flaws - overrated within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2003, 03:34 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ESPN Flaws - overrated

I love these little spats about flaws, which is better madden or espn, the color of the grass and sky. I own both games for the ps2 and like them both, but I myself being a older gamer and coach football lean towards Espn because of the atmosphere and cut scenes. they are smoother & get you pumped up. the gameplay itself is great, just a fun game to play! I can't remember the last time I jumped up after winning a game with a last minute field goal! Hey all i'm saying is competition makes a better game for all of us!
Old 09-11-2003, 03:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

sorry but but that field goal thing really pisses me off. the most realistic football game out there? ah no.....
Old 09-11-2003, 03:39 PM   #19
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

One thing I have heard is that playing on Legend online will decrease the broken tackles and KO returns every play. I have played one game on Legend online and it was a good one. I lost 28-24.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:39 PM   #20
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Balboni said:
sorry but but that field goal thing really pisses me off. the most realistic football game out there? ah no.....

maybe you were playing against Mike Martz.

Old 09-11-2003, 03:40 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

good point but he would've went for it not punted. what the hell is wrong with that guy anyway?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 03:46 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

OldPhart said:
I love these little spats about flaws, which is better madden or espn, the color of the grass and sky. I own both games for the ps2 and like them both, but I myself being a older gamer and coach football lean towards Espn because of the atmosphere and cut scenes. they are smoother & get you pumped up. the gameplay itself is great, just a fun game to play! I can't remember the last time I jumped up after winning a game with a last minute field goal! Hey all i'm saying is competition makes a better game for all of us!

You know how many of us and how many times we've read the old cliched "I have both games and enjoy both, competition makes the games better "peace" " post?

Ya old phart!

j/k
Old 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

OldPhart said:

Well I agree with that. Last night I was playing my Bears, aka THE TEAM WITHOUT OFFENSE, franchise game against the Raiders. Late 2nd quarter, I was down 7-0 and had driven down to the Raiders 17. A-train had run the ball 3 plays in a row so here comes Peterson the back-up. I run a sweep left and it is looking good. I am 5 yards up filed and thinking, "I'm got the Td I got the Td" when WHAMMM the MLB comes over and puts his hat right on the football. It pops out and is scooped up by Woodson who ran it back 20 yards.

Before I knew what I was doing I had jumped off the sofa and yelled, "You son of a *****!" at digital Peterson. So loud my girlfriend came in to the room and asked what happened.

It has been years since I have been so "into" a sports video game
Old 09-11-2003, 03:48 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

TCrouch said:
People can argue until they're blue in the face about the backs being overpowered, but I've shut down more running games, with all of the backs that were mentioned, than I can count. I firmly believe a lot of it is in the play selection and defensive gameplan. I've made some bad calls and left a OLB one on one with Ricky Williams in the open field. I guessed wrong, I got burned for it. That's how it's SUPPOSED to be.

That's why star backs are...well...star backs. They make you pay if you guess wrong or don't contain them. However, it IS possible to hold them under 50 yards on 20 carries. I know this, because I can hear the frustration in the voices of the people who are used to getting 200 a game with them as they punt for the 10th time.

If somebody doesn't like the game, more power to them. What I don't understand is this deep-rooted feeling of obligation to inform the world that "OH MY GOD ESPN HAS FLAWS!". Guess what. It does. All games do. But the "flaws" people point out many times are, in fact, something that is a gameplay mechanic...

You shut the CPU down on at least All-Pro with a "Ricky-type" back? You betta share the wealth bro!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »