Home

Perpetual late season swoon??

This is a discussion on Perpetual late season swoon?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2003, 07:33 PM   #17
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Perpetual late season swoon??

Just had an experience in 'chise mode...

Game #15 Redskins/Bears

Went into game 11-3...had a heck of a time wining previous game vs. Dallas but played perfect D and sqeaked by...CPU is on to my tendancies so the O was VERY slow in this one...

My pass game is ranked top ten but the rush is bottom 5...

Pass D is second to Miami but 25 vs. the run...

After a late INT to take the lead in the first half the Bears go into the locker room...

Make some 'adjustments'...

And return to the field suddenly playing like a full higlight reel of 'big plays' on O and D that would make NFL Films weep with envy...

Everyting they did worked...

Nothing I tried on O went past the line of scrimmage...

My O line stopped blocking ANYONE...

I had more 'drops' than the rest of the season combined...

And the Bears pass D pulled of more 'Passes Defended' than the previous 3-4 opponents COMBINED...

Fumbles...muffed punts...FGs hitting the crossbar...

I got wiped out 35-0 in the second half and lost 45-14 as a result...

Maybe it's b/c I'm using sliders that greatly benefit the CPU...(I'm at 0 for the most part while they're at 40 across the board...

But...

I know what consistant gameplay looks like and this ain't it...

Maybe the CPU/A.I. goes into these kinds of fits b/c it's gotten to the point where I'm pretty tough to beat even with the sliders and Coach Options deliberatly set to make the thing as difficult as possible...

But this was MOST CERTAINLY a case where the CPU just said "Screw it-we're NOT losing to this guy"...lol...

Guess you have to see it to belive it...

If you play enough you probably will...

I still have the #1 ranking...but due to this loss and the questionable game vs. the Giants it's now a 'playoff race' for 1st round byes etc...

I agree with the thought that the CPU adjusts more to your overall record during the season than anything else...whereas in Madden the CPU reacted most to the score of any individual game...

Still and all...no complaints...

This sort of 'cheese' doesn't bother me the way that the Madden cheese did...

It's less...cheesy?...lol...

Old 11-29-2003, 08:13 PM   #18
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

KingV2k3 said:

Thats weird, man. I've played alot of games...alot of Franchise years and I haven't seen it yet. I don't think its predicated on record because I've had some sub .500 or .500 seasons where the games were still harder as the season went on....especially against divisonal opponents I play for the 2nd time.

Interesting discoveries anyway, King and Cardot.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:18 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Old 11-29-2003, 08:51 PM   #20
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Are you playing as the Dolphins?

LOL! JETSman, I am a Patriot fan, and one of the few things that we can probably agree on, is that no matter what difficult times this world deals us, the late season Miami collapse makes life worth livin'.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:16 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Cardot said:
Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Are you playing as the Dolphins?

LOL! JETSman, I am a Patriot fan, and one of the few things that we can probably agree on, is that no matter what difficult times this world deals us, the late season Miami collapse makes life worth livin'.

2 days till December
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2003, 03:19 PM   #22
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

KingV2k3 said:

Thats weird, man. I've played alot of games...alot of Franchise years and I haven't seen it yet. I don't think its predicated on record because I've had some sub .500 or .500 seasons where the games were still harder as the season went on....especially against divisonal opponents I play for the 2nd time.

My current 'Skins 'chise (with the 'CPU friendly' sliders) is the first time I've seen it to this extent...

In the past it was a series...or a half...but this is the first time I've seen this with any consistancy...

No complaints tho...

In game 16 I was getting cheesed by the Eagles (Duce went 'superhuman' and McNabb went 22 of 24...11 for 11 first downs etc.)...

But...I WON...

In a very cheesy manner...

Bombed it out to Cliff Russell with little time left and he never actually caught the ball...but after being hit the ball popped up and McCants grabbed it before it hit the ground and hightailed it for the win...

Granted if this happened to the CPU team I'd scream bloody murder...

This was the first time something so cheesy went in my favor...

Very interesting...

The CPU hoses me for 42 of a possible 44 minutes and then gives away the store...

Weird...

But fun...lol...

Old 12-05-2003, 06:41 PM   #23
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

KingV2k3 said:

Kanobi, sounds like things are working out better for you. There is alot I like about this game, but I have just gone through another season that had that scripted feel to it. I took Tennessee and opened with a couple wins. From there it seemed that the game wanted me to stay in the 4 games over .500 range. I pretty much alternated loss-win-loss-win regardless of who I was playing or where.

In games where I am "due" for a win, I can easily move the ball, contain the CPU's offense, and those bad breaks don't seem to happen. Beating Miami 34-10 and putting up 50 on the Bills fell into "Win" rotation on the schedule.

Following a win, I can expect a turn for the worse. Plays where I not only fumble, but the ball conveniently bounces right to a DL who easily chugs for a TD. CPU LB's making spectacular one arm pics. CPU kick off/punt returns for TD's. Punts that take that crazy bounce out of bounds at my 2 yard line. I am not so much complaining about these events as much as the ability to predict them based upon my record. Some of the losses with the predetermined vibe were Atlanta, Jacksonville and a home loss to the Texans.

I don't mind losing, and a 10-6 record with the Titans seems realistic to me. But too many of these games seem predictable. Sorry for the rant, but the "scripted" feeling is getting frustrating....even if it is all in my head????
Old 12-05-2003, 08:13 PM   #24
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Cardot said:
Sorry for the rant, but the "scripted" feeling is getting frustrating....even if it is all in my head????

No need to apologize, man. Your experience is your experience. I'm not gonna tell you you're seeing things. I just personally haven't had those types of occurences. In Fact I just finished a season where I rolled the last 5 weeks to finish 12-4...and that was after 2 straight losses. Surely, according to you guys' findings , the CPU should have gone with "due for a Loss" Mode and started causing the suspect fumbles and stuff but it didn't happen. I was even looking for it to happen BECAUSE of yours and King's reports.

I'm using All-Pro with the CPU pass coverage at 75%. I also make alot of changes to my playbook each week as well to keep playcalling fresh. My Gameplan sliders or at default. I play 10 minute qtrs also. Not sure if I'm doing anything special at all but those are my settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »