Home

In-game save

This is a discussion on In-game save within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2004, 04:08 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: In-game save

How hard can it be to add something like this. Its an option in Madden, and one that i and many gamers use ALOT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 06:21 AM   #42
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
I was told by a member of the ESPN Football dev. team that in-game saves did not make it in to the game this year.

That can't be right.

Greg Thomas said in his IGN sports interview was
"What we're working on is a completely new UI, basically making it so that you're always online. You log on at boot, and once you've logged on, you're always logged on. So say you're in franchise mode and you're playing a game by yourself and I want to play you at a game, then you'll see a little message pop up and ask you to play a game. If you say yes, then you immediately go to the team select screen and play. This makes it so you're always available, always getting messages from your friends whether you're doing something by yourself or you're playing someone online. It won't matter. It's just completely seamless. I think this is the only way to go. The way Xbox Live works and the power of that broadband connection, it just gives you the freedom to play how you want to play, accept challenges from your friends, and talk to them and whatever, whenever you want."

So you'll have to have in-game saves. If the ydon't have it I'll either turn everybody down until I'm finished with the Franchise game I'm playing or I won't log-on until I'm done.

I am just telling you what was told to me, in a phone conversation with one of the guys that actually writes the code for this game.

This is the one disappointment for me with this game. I have been hounded them, for this feature for the last couple of years, and it sounds like they just ran out of time, and were not able to implement it the way they liked.

And like the above poster said, this is a big deal for those of us with adult lives, as it's getting harder and harder for me to get the time required to play a full game.

This is one of the big reasons, I have used Madden for franchise mode, and ESPN for Online mode.

Yeah, BK, this definitely sucks, man. As much as I enjoy this game...One of the most frustrating things about ESPNFL last yr was actually trying to set aside time to get in a complete game.

VC, dam....can at we least get a Quaterly or Halftime save option? It doesn't have to be saveable at ANY point in the contest like Madden... just give us the ability to save our game SOMEwhere where we can comeback later and finish the game.

A Quaterly or Halftime save doesn't sound too crazy, does it fellas? I mean thats got to be doabe, right?

Oh well. Maybe next yr. Still very disappointing.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:27 AM   #43
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Rules said:
So let me get this right:

VC/Sega had all the time in the world to add pointless crap to the crib but not enough time to add in-game saves which is a feature that everyone has asked for from them for years now? Does that make sense?

Yes it does. They have been trying to make the system as perfect as they could get it so that people wouldn't be complaining about how they got something wrong. Last year greg thomas said that they didn't have it in because they are trying to perfect it.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:29 AM   #44

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

zpq12 said:
This is F*CKING PATHETIC. Thank you for making my decision not to buy this game. VC will add garbage to that stupid 'Crib' feature and neglect something that is key to many gamers. I have lost faith. Back to Madden I go. My conversion and subsequent loss of faith took less than a week. I could not be more disgusted.

Good for you. THis is not a key feature and that is obvious. How many people do you know complain about a game not having ingame saves. I don't know any people who do that.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:29 AM   #45

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

alworth19 said:
Dowkiemouf said:

Quote:

alworth, if your going to miss out on a great game because in game saves are not in(something I dont think the 2k series has had yet, yet you have bought them) its your loss. They cant please everyone.

While it's true that you can't please everyone, you should try to please the majority, and it seems to me that there are a whole lot of people out there that have wanted in-game saves for a while.

And yes, I bought 2K4 last year. And due to time constraints, I don't play it much. I'm not going to do the same thing with $50 again. It may be my loss, but ultimately it's my gain (an extra $50 worth of gain that I can spend elsewhere. Perhaps on another ESPN game that actually added an in-game save).

This board is not a majority of the people who play the game. THis is a small percentage of the population.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 08:30 AM   #46

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

sportsgeist said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
I was told by a member of the ESPN Football dev. team that in-game saves did not make it in to the game this year.

That can't be right.

Greg Thomas said in his IGN sports interview was
"What we're working on is a completely new UI, basically making it so that you're always online. You log on at boot, and once you've logged on, you're always logged on. So say you're in franchise mode and you're playing a game by yourself and I want to play you at a game, then you'll see a little message pop up and ask you to play a game. If you say yes, then you immediately go to the team select screen and play. This makes it so you're always available, always getting messages from your friends whether you're doing something by yourself or you're playing someone online. It won't matter. It's just completely seamless. I think this is the only way to go. The way Xbox Live works and the power of that broadband connection, it just gives you the freedom to play how you want to play, accept challenges from your friends, and talk to them and whatever, whenever you want."

So you'll have to have in-game saves. If the ydon't have it I'll either turn everybody down until I'm finished with the Franchise game I'm playing or I won't log-on until I'm done.

I am just telling you what was told to me, in a phone conversation with one of the guys that actually writes the code for this game.

This is the one disappointment for me with this game. I have been hounded them, for this feature for the last couple of years, and it sounds like they just ran out of time, and were not able to implement it the way they liked.

And like the above poster said, this is a big deal for those of us with adult lives, as it's getting harder and harder for me to get the time required to play a full game.

This is one of the big reasons, I have used Madden for franchise mode, and ESPN for Online mode.

Yeah, BK, this definitely sucks, man. As much as I enjoy this game...One of the most frustrating things about ESPNFL last yr was actually trying to set aside time to get in a complete game.

VC, dam....can at we least get a Quaterly or Halftime save option? It doesn't have to be saveable at ANY point in the contest like Madden... just give us the ability to save our game SOMEwhere where we can comeback later and finish the game.

A Quaterly or Halftime save doesn't sound too crazy, does it fellas? I mean thats got to be doabe, right?

They said that they wanted to get it right down to what play you are on.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:10 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes! Sega/VC has granted me yet another stay of execution. I thought that the in-game save on Madden would be great and then my wife found it. Once that happened I was never allowed to play a full game in peace again. Last year with ESPN she would just check the game time and leave me in peace until I was done.

And just for comparison...
I'm 29 years old. I've been married for almost 5 years and have 4 (yes, count them 4) kids; Gretchen 9, Jacob 7, Mikaela 3, and Aeddan 1. I coach football, baseball, and soccer. I work 40 hours a week and workout for 1 hour 5 days a week.

Last season I completed 8 franchise seasons of ESPN with this arrangement. Plus I went to school 18 hours a week for all of 2003 and ran 352 hours worth of clinicals.

It can be done without the in-game save.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:56 AM   #48
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

jmood88 said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:

They said that they wanted to get it right down to what play you are on.

Well they obviuously weren't able to do that. A Quarterly or Halftime save option would have sufficed for now. ANYthing would have been better than not having an in-game save option at all. Again, disappointing. Something to look forward to in 2k6 though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »