Home

Has there ever been a video game that had........

This is a discussion on Has there ever been a video game that had........ within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2004, 10:16 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Has there ever been a video game that had........

I'm sure VC wouldn't put it in unless it had a on/off switch and a frequency slider too.

I for one wouldn't mind fumbled snaps. I've had passes dropped for game winning TDs and passes to keep winning drives alive. Whats the difference?

Some people will like it and some people will hate it and I'm sure VC has thought of all this already.

I think VC should make it where you can snap it over the kickers head on purpose like the Patriots did to Denver for a safety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2004, 10:43 AM   #26
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Maybe if the weather is really bad, or somehow too much sweat gets on the ball, but most times those snaps are RARE. Maybe the holder isn't ready, or the field is slippery and the kicker slips. The punter isn't ready and the crowd is so loud that the long snapper thinks he hears hike and snaps it over the punters head. OK I'll accept that. Those are REAL conditions. But A.I randomly saying, ohhh let's make the ball go further than it needs to, just to be doing so and make the game more "cool" I don't know about that. All I'm going to say is some of you need to be careful what you ask for. You just might get it. If you do get it and If you often find yourself on the end you do not desire because you got what you asked for, thy mouth should be silent

As long as it's rare, then they can do it based on how often it actually occurs in the NFL. And not be ratings specific. It would be sweet to see it in one of the newspaper headlines "Bad snap keeps the Panthers playoff hopes alive" or something like that.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:39 PM   #27
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Bears_16_and_0 said:
first of all, botched qb center exchanges should not be based on stats. Im willing to say that the percentage of botched snaps between a probowl center and qb and some scrubs is negligible at best. Snapping the ball isnt a very difficult thing to do its more of a mental breakdown.

the shotgun and long snaps i guess could be based on stats but correct me if im wrong but I dont really know of any nfl longsnapper thats is prone to making bad snaps. I guess if you try to get away with some crappy rookie or something you should get penalized.

I agree stuff like this should be in the game but with an option to have them turned on or off. And if they are on I dont want the game to go out of the way to show this "feature" like most of the bull-ish replay challenges last year. It should be a very miniscule chance for stuff like this to happen, maybe only see it once a season for your team.

On short snaps i would think it should be a QB attribute, not the snapper. I know for a fact Boller was the cause of all the bad snaps for the birds last year, lol. This could also lead to some bad handoffs. Both should be pretty rare but in there.

LB, I don't like the random idea either. i definitely think there needs to be reason for it to happen and only rarely happen based on these factors but like someone mentioned about dropped TD passes... it's pretty much the same thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »