Home

QB Spy 101

This is a discussion on QB Spy 101 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2004, 01:17 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: QB Spy 101

But it works!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 01:30 AM   #26
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

m12x13adass - There are some problems with your description.

1.)
first problem with your explanation- PRESNAP If you set a player to spy (lets say the middle linebacker in a 4-3 zone defense)= if u set the player to spy and then press then press/ hold the white button (Xbox). It zooms out so you can see the defensive assingments. The middle linebackers assignment symbol SHOULD CHANGE. It should no longer show a line to a circle(the games symbol that represents dropping to a zone) and it should be replaced by what i think is just a normal circle which if i remember corectly is the games symbol for QB spy. If it doesn't change the assignment symbol it IS VERY DOUBTFUL THAT IT WORKED.

2.)
The second problem with your explanation is that you are saying that the Middle Linebacker will not shadow the QB over to the sidelines and that he will continue to watch for his assignments such as the running back in the middle of the field. THAT IS WRONG , that is not a qb spy , once you successfully assign a qb spy audible to the middle linebacker he does not have any responsibility to cover any running backs or recievers. THE ONLY TIME that he would even pay attention to a running back is if the pass has already been thrown - once it is in the air he would read and react and start his pursuit. If he is still covering the running back while the Quarterback has the football in his hands then YOU HAVE NOT succeeded in assigning the QB spy logic to your middle linebacker and he is just doing the regular zone.

COUNTER EXAMPLE:
For example if you call the same 4-3 zone and instead of trying to assign a qb spy logic to the middle linebacker if you assign a blitz(is it click the right stick again in 2k5?) - if you assign the blitz audible logic and press the white button to view the assignment symbols - the middle linebackers symbol will change to i think a line with an arrow pointed towards the line of scrimmage (i am recalling this from memory but i am certain of the principal of my explanation).
AND the middle linebacker will NOT continue to watch for the running back in the middle of the field- all he will do is blitz the quarterback as long as the quarterback has the ball.

IF someone can confirm that the blitz audible does indeed change the assignments picture that u see when you press the white button that would be helpful (i am going by memory from 2k4 , waiting for my 2k5 to arrive)

See the huge difference in those 2 aspects?

What you are describing is simply the exact same as if the middle linebacker didn't change his logic at all. You are describing what the regular zone does. - Stays in the middle - watches for the short pass and if the qb tries to run he will chase him down.

RECAP - IF you do not see a change in logic (PRESNAPwhite button), and the linebacker does not shadow the quarterback or if he continues to attend to other assignments while the QB has the ball IT IS NOT A QB SPY.

this isn't an argumentative or negative post. Actually i am grateful for people like you who are trying to get this to work and sharing your results. It is possible that i am not understanding your description , or that sega has an extremely odd way of doing the qb spy , but it seems most likely that what you are describing is the result of a normal zone.
I most definetly want this to work...
Old 07-24-2004, 01:47 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hot blitzing and Hot delayed blitzing do change the player assignment on the play scheme.

Hot Spying changes NOTHING, unless the LB was originally in a man coverage, for some reason pulling the R trigger makes the LB cover a running back.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:51 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hitting the R trigger in my game, even when I'm making assignments for a linebacker, will simply call up the options for my defensive backs. You can see this clearly because the icons appear over the DB's heads. If your game is any different, plesae let me know.

And like I said go into practice controlling both teams and run around with the quarterback with the same play twice. On one play call a spy, on the other don't do anything. I do not see any difference when I do this.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:54 AM   #29
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

try it with 2 player..take vick & scramble
Old 07-24-2004, 09:39 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

K_GUN said:

try it with 2 player..take vick & scramble

I did...didnt seem to spy to me.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:17 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

The qb spy does workits just not that effective Its almost better to spy with a safety rather the mlb because the mlb quickly honors his coverage responsibilities while the safety can linger a little bit depending on the route but the qb spy feature is in the game but with the mlb its not effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2004, 11:23 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

All I know. I set up in 4 wide outs and a back.I hot routed the back to stay in a block and I streaked all 4 wideouts. I told my MLB to spy and all he did was play his zone . I dont think it works, if it does, it def doesnt work like a spy should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »