Home

Tired of CPU Ints? Here is the solution...

This is a discussion on Tired of CPU Ints? Here is the solution... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2004, 07:50 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Tired of CPU Ints? Here is the solution...

Hey Bill...long time (Madden??)...

Not sure on the franchise question..I am not going to start one until the 40 man rosters sre set by the real NFL and then go from there. I am just sort of screwing around in exhibtions now.

God, do you think we'll ever get to a point where we don't have to do this sort of stuff? Tune files, datafiles, sliders, attributes, playbooks...on and on...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 07:52 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:

TopDog said:
This may not be a popular move, but I have been testing this for the last week. I am coach type player and I could not stand seeing both my QB and the cpu QB throw sometimes 4-8 picks a game. No comibination of slider settings helped.

I don't control my QB in coach mode...the cpu makes its own reads and decisions, hence the work to smarten up the QBs across the board...hope that explains it...
Old 07-31-2004, 07:54 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here's what I did. I set up a CPU-CPU game between Buffalo and Jacksonville. I raised QB Accuracy and Read Coverage 15 points for the QBs. I raised the Catch rating for WRs, TEs, and RBs by 10 points. I decreased the Coverage rating for CBs and Safeties by 20 points. I used Bill Harris' slider set. Guess what happened? The Bills won 28-24. Bledsoe completed exactly 50% of his passes, with 4 - count 'em - 4 interceptions. Leftwich completed 61% of his passes, with 2 interceptions. What do I have to do? I think I could assign backup QBs to play CB and Safety and they'd come up with a pick or two. I know it's only one game, but . . . something doesn't add up.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:59 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:

pstrickert said:
Here's what I did. I set up a CPU-CPU game between Buffalo and Jacksonville. I raised QB Accuracy and Read Coverage 15 points for the QBs. I raised the Catch rating for WRs, TEs, and RBs by 10 points. I decreased the Coverage rating for CBs and Safeties by 20 points. I used Bill Harris' slider set. Guess what happened? The Bills won 28-24. Bledsoe completed exactly 50% of his passes, with 4 - count 'em - 4 interceptions. Leftwich completed 61% of his passes, with 2 interceptions. What do I have to do? I think I could assign backup QBs to play CB and Safety and they'd come up with a pick or two. I know it's only one game, but . . . something doesn't add up.

Make sure your QB attributes are in the 90's...Bledsoe should be mi-upper 90's. Make sure the WRs catching is in mid 80's at a minimum. I think the second half of this equation is going to be to dramatically lower def attributes for safeties and cbs..like catching at 5 so they drop most of the tips. Most of the INTs I am seeing come off tipped balls that go high in the air...too many of these each game. Dumbing down the def backs looks like the last hope...but make sure you really pump up the QB and WR attributes first.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:04 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:

pstrickert said:

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of that either. I went in and decreased the CATCH rating for all WR in 1/2 which got it down so that 1 or 2 picks a game happened, but then the QB were still making poor reads so I'm thinking with a combo of reducing the catch sliders and raising QB read coverage should help.

Right now for slider settings I have the PASS at 40 and CATCH at 0. Believe it or not the WR are catching a good amount of passes and this also helps in reducing the DB catcges. Highest DB catch rating in the gamne is Champ Bailey with a 56! Jeez. I know that one year he doubled as WR as an experiment but c'mon. That rating is better than some WR. Anyhow, average DB CATCH rating in the league is 24. I plan on reducing everyone by half and then editing the QB's READ COVERAGE and ACC. See how this goes.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:43 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

As you can see I dont post much -- But this to me may be a game killer for me and very frustrating. In my franchise I won the last two superbowls as Marc Bulger threw 4 interceptions the first SB and 7 the second.. Yep 7..! I am in the 5th year now of my franchise and the simulated stats are fine (maxed out all offensive sliders and zeroed out all defensive - for both the CPU and human) -- But when I play my team intercepts the CPU on average 3+ times a game.

Very unrealistic, I cant seem to get a correlation to the QB read coverage ratings and if you have to edit each year the ratings, it makes it a bear for career franchisers like me..

Grrrrr...
Old 08-03-2004, 07:59 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:

jwhite1347 said:
As you can see I dont post much -- But this to me may be a game killer for me and very frustrating. In my franchise I won the last two superbowls as Marc Bulger threw 4 interceptions the first SB and 7 the second.. Yep 7..! I am in the 5th year now of my franchise and the simulated stats are fine (maxed out all offensive sliders and zeroed out all defensive - for both the CPU and human) -- But when I play my team intercepts the CPU on average 3+ times a game.

Very unrealistic, I cant seem to get a correlation to the QB read coverage ratings and if you have to edit each year the ratings, it makes it a bear for career franchisers like me..

Grrrrr...

Yep..this solution is not tailored really for long term franchise play because of just that...each year you would have to adjust I think.

QBs - should be min of 90 and max of 99 for pass accuracy and Coverage awareness.
RBs - should be min 80 and max 99 for catching
WRs - should be min 85 and max 99 for catching and run routes

CBs - reduce coverage 20-30 points and reduce Jumping 20 points
SS, FS - reduce coverage 10-20 points and jumping 20 points

Also, the speed ratings for defense and strength ratings for both off and def linemen are whacked. They should have strength ratings in the 80's abnd 90's for both sides. Also, you should bump up off linmen speed rating so they are in the mhigh 40's and mid 50's - this helps the running game on sweeps and downfield.

All in all, the ratings are way off in this game. This has a major effect on how the game plays and hopefully will be addressed in first roster download by Sega. There is just too much slanted toward defense for those of us who do not control the players.

I really don't expect anyone to do this editing on a major scale...there is just too much to do..I understand that. But I wanted to bring forward a way to make the game alot more realistic and fun to play/watch.

Happy gaming!

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2004, 09:02 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 26

There are other attributes to consider when adjusting QB’s Accuracy to 90+. First, a receiver’s Run Route affects where the ball is thrown – with a low RR receiver the QB will throw the ball off target. I ran a number of experiments last year with Peyton. Every time I lowered his receivers’ RR, Manning would throw the slant 2-3 yards off target and usually ahead of the receiver. The moment I raised the RR, the ball always hit the receiver in the numbers. RR does affect the receiver’s ability/inability to run the same route over and over, but it absolutely affects where the QB throws to a receiver as well.

Also, a QB’s effectiveness is affected by Consistency (and the receiver’s as well) plus Pass Read, Composure and probably Leadership. I just ran a brief experiment, practice in coach mode – slant pass with zone coverage. First I used a WR with Catch 85, Run Route 85, with Rattay throwing: every pass was on the mark – maybe three drops and 17 catches. Then I lowered the WR’s Run Route to 10: mostly catches, a couple drops, and several incomplete balls off the mark. Then I lowered Rattay’s Pass Read and Composure to 10: first 10 passes incomplete or intercepted, and maybe 4 catches out of the next 10 passes. Also, Rattay started throwing to his other guys – I guess the combination of the bad WR and bad QB ratings added up to “throw to someone else”.

Anyway, my point is that raising all QB Accuracy doesn’t mean it’s impossible to have QB’s of various abilities and effectiveness. And the QB’s effectiveness definitely has to do with his receivers’ overall abilities. In some ways I feel that’s more accurate anyway. Players in the NFL aren’t THAT different in their positional abilities, IMO. The important differences are things like physical attributes – speed, agility, jump, size – along with their mental makeup – consistency, leadership, composure. Apart from that WR’s can all catch and QB’s can basically all throw a pretty accurate ball, otherwise they wouldn’t be in the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »