Home

Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat

This is a discussion on Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat

BTW, motioning a WR or TE to hit him dead on is also clever and I will try this next time I see the cheese happening.

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Old 08-20-2004, 12:08 PM   #34
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Thumbs up Re: Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondra12
I have never played an online game but in all my years of football gaming, I have always controlled the D-Line on every play on defense. I don't get an unrealistic amount of sacks in my offline games. (Rice finished with 14.5 to lead my Bucs. Team total was around 30)

If I make the jump to online, how am I suppose to play and not be considered cheese if all I can play on defense is the D-Line and every seems to think that playing as the D-Line is cheese?

dont worry bout it man if you dont use the charge meter then its not cheese cuz you cant automatically break through the line. im like you i always play as a d-lineman (usually strahan). as odd as this may sound you may have to switch it up and play as a linebacker. its really effective in containing qb's. i jus played my first 2 games online yesterday and played 2 cheesers who did nothing but use mobile qb's and the de cheat. switched it and used a lb a few times and it helped. if anyone wants game one day hit me up.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 08-21-2004, 12:15 AM   #35
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't understand what this DE cheat is. My friend was getting ridiculous presser with Kearse moving him outside before the snap. Is that basically it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 08:36 AM   #36
Rookie

That's one very common version of the DE Cheat. But what I described was the power-up, swim move-thing that's actually even worse. It creates a totally unimpeded run to the QB from about two steps away!.

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

Old 08-21-2004, 09:01 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
You cannot enable multiple hot routes online. That option is taken out because people abused this feature and made it hella cheap to use. I initially loved having it on in last year's 2K4, but then I witnessed how bad it can get when abused in that game, so I don't mind it not being available for this game.

Whenever the EQ option is on, it evens out the talent level of all teams.

And to view you own VIP stuff you have to create a public game, highlight your name on the screen, then press in (click) the right thumbstick.

Kruza
I use multiple hotroutes online all the time-and, yes I've double and triple checked it. Maybe both online players have to have it set in their own single player options?
Old 08-21-2004, 10:09 AM   #38
Rookie

Yeah, I noticed this, too. I haven't enabled multiple hot-routes offline myself and didn't think they were allowed online. Yet I played someone the other day and called both a blocking assignment hot-route and a slant out. I thought the second would cancel out the first, but both hot-routes were on display and were effective.

Old 08-21-2004, 04:56 PM   #39
Pr*

OVR: 5

I regularly use the DE but make it a point not to power up because it actually gets boring to get a sack time after time after time. But I have to confess that I will use it to counter a QB scrambling cheeser in a heartbeat!

So if I am cheesed...I cheese back but i will NEVER be the first to cheese.

Want to play somebody straight up that uses the DE but no cheese....look for me.

PJMorgan22 - usually use the Ravens
Old 08-23-2004, 02:51 PM   #40
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Lightbulb Re: Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat

Multiple hot routes are not enabled online, but this doesn’t apply to blocking. What I mean here is that you can re-assign as many blocking assignments as you want, but you can re-assign only one hot route at most.

For example, let's say you call a pass play in Ace formation (2 WRs, 2 TEs, 1 RB) where all receivers and backs are running routes. If you have enough time left on the play clock you could possibly keep both TEs and the RB in to block, while you have only 2 WRs out running routes. That’s 3 re-assigned blocking assignments in one play -- and it‘s completely legit to do. This here is something set up like some of those old-school max protect schemes to counter heavy blitzes.

Now in this situation you could also possibly change the pass route of one of those WRs if desired, and the first hot route assigned to a player will certainly change. But if you call another hot route for a different player outside of changing blocking assignments, then the hot route called for the first guy will change back to its default route.

Kruza

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »