Home

Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

This is a discussion on Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #25
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

Seriously just try messing with the AGG rating...

I globally edited all corners in your roster and subtracted 10 from their coverage while giving them a 127 AGG rating...

And while that eliminated the "stupid corner" problem, it also made the opposing QB very skittish, which prompted me to up all QB composure to 127... and that helped some... but I was only able to play a quarter or so like that...

I've got some time today so I'll mess with a few more things, but I'm thinking the fix you're looking for is going to lie with a proper balance between AGG, composure, and Read Coverage...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #26
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

ok, so after my first run through of using 127 Agg for all CBs, 127 Composure for all QBs, and -10 on all CB coverage (which seemed to be unnecessary) heres what I got...

I played 8 mins of Bears vs Lions and keep in mind I turned the ball over on purpose to get more of a sample size...
Jon Kitna: 12 of 17, 173 yards, 10.2 YPA, 37 YRD Longest Pass

The thing I noticed most, was that the corners were all over the recievers... Kitna was a beast at threading the needle and looked comfortable in the pocket... You'll wanna look at adjusting either your sliders, Pass Read Coverage rating, or Pass Accuracy rating to compensate... 'cause every pass was seriously on the money... but the most important thing is that Furrey got wide open on one play that looked like a normal blown coverage (which I think had to do with me playing deep on a 3rd and 21)... outside of that, C. Johnson had 20 yards after the catch and that was it for receivers catching the ball and breaking away...

He was seriously running a dink and dunk offense... it was awesome...

I'm going to try playing against a less experienced QB next, probably Jason Campell... just to see how well this translates... I'm gonna go ahead and use Chicago at home at my constant variable here...

Heres you roster with the adjustments I made...
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_Phase801.zip (252.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #27
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

That's excellent switz....thx for taking the time to test some things out. The thing that left me dismayed earlier was taking Steve Smith and the Panthers on vs. the cpu Packers in a season game. Smith was god-like....unrealistically so. I would be interested in seeing you take an offense with a premiere rated receiver and see how/if the cpu's defense stops him or can't stop him, in a realistic way.

Again, I use 9 min. qtrs. and don't switch on defense once the ball snaps nor do I switch on offense once the QB launches the ball.

...and I apologize for using the word "nor" .
Old 09-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 21

I think you are going to see alot of blown coverages with AGG at 127 for CBs and Safeties. They are also going to go for the pick alot, so INTS may be up, but they will also whiff alot which should make for a big gain.

I've been at this for 3 years now..I am convinced you can either have superman QBs with a good amount of dumb looking DB coverage, or QBs that throw into double and triple coverage and have high INTs.

To be honest, it seems as if some decision making is almost hard coded in the game. I've seen QBs I tested with 127 across the board throw right into the hands of a DB or LB in triple coverage on a receiver rated over 100 for Run Route. It's like the game has a built-in "governor" on QB success.

Keep at it boys...something has to give...

C
Old 09-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #29
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

its no problem... I'm loading up the panthers @ packers right now to check it out some...

I was having problems stopping Santana Moss but when I upped the Human Coverage on the slider a bit, it sorta balanced out a bit more...

I havent even messed around on offense yet... So I'll give it a go with the panthers...
Old 09-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #30
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I think you are going to see alot of blown coverages with AGG at 127 for CBs and Safeties. They are also going to go for the pick alot, so INTS may be up, but they will also whiff alot which should make for a big gain.

To be honest, it seems as if some decision making is almost hard coded in the game. I've seen QBs I tested with 127 across the board throw right into the hands of a DB or LB in triple coverage on a receiver rated over 100 for Run Route. It's like the game has a built-in "governor" on QB success.

Keep at it boys...something has to give...

C
Believe it or not, I've found that every throw the QB makes is effected by the D's agg and coverage rating...

You can have a QB with 127's across the board, but if you have DB's with high aggressiveness, and decent enough coverage skills, it'll greatly effect what the QB does... I've also found a direct correlation between the QB's "comfort level" in the pocket and the Human coverage slider...

try it sometime... Up the opposing QB's composure level and turn the CB's agg down to zero while having the Human coverage slider at half full (or less) and that QB is going to be nearly flawless...

But yeah, I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere now that I've figured out at least a few of the outside elements that effect the CPU's QB... I still think I have a long way to go though...
Old 09-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 20

just to clarify, are you (switzer/capa/flyboy) testing these edits in:

1) HUM v COM
2) COM v COM
3) HUM coach mode vCOM

?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 21

I am testing in Cpu vs Cpu and Human Coach mode vs Cpu.

Yes, the game plays a bit differently based on what mode you use. However, you'd expect that the cpu opponent, even if playing against a human who controls the players, would act/react the same since the cpu is controlling their decisioon makiing and actions based on ratings.

But who knows for sure???

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »