Home

Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

This is a discussion on Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #33
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Daflyboys' preview roster * Take 2

ok... So I see what you're sayin about Smith...

I have a few ideas, and I wanna run through more games and play against a few different types of defenses...

I noticed that whenever the packers lined up in the 46 defense, you could do pretty much anything you wanted to with the wide receivers... and even now, as I'm playing against the bears, its the exact same...

I dunno, I'll try out a few more things when I have more time tonight... I'm really running headfirst into some uncharted territory with these large attributes... its something I've never dealt with before, and its leaving me scratching my head a bit... Hopefully I'll get back to you tomorrow man...
Old 09-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #34
Vin
All-Star

Vin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
just to clarify, are you (switzer/capa/flyboy) testing these edits in:

1) HUM v COM
2) COM v COM
3) HUM coach mode vCOM

?
HUM vs. COM for me...
Old 09-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #35
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Hum v Com

(and, again, thx switz.....I'm going to do a few things myself)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #36
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Hum v Com

(and, again, thx switz.....I'm going to do a few things myself)
have you guys ever fiddled with the composure attribute to see it's effect on defensive players? Do you guys think they might play more level headed with a higher composure rating? Maybe these db/ss are panicking under the pressure of defending the pass due to low composure ratings.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM   #37
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

The whole point of all the messing with the tweaks to begin with was to stop cpu (vs. human) QB's from consistently throwing 3 and 4 INT's / game as well as helping their throwing percentages. However, in upgrading the WR attributes, it may have made certain teams too easy to pass with. Hmmm....now that I'm thinking about it, I may have to have an individualized franchise file where by I don't mess with WR attributes.

Last edited by daflyboys; 09-10-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:18 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
The whole point of all the messing with the tweaks to begin with was to stop cpu (vs. human) QB's from consistently throwing 3 and 4 INT's / game as well as helping their throwing percentages. However, in upgrading the WR attributes, it may have made certain teams too easy to pass with. Hmmm....now that I'm thinking about it, I may have to have an individualized franchise file where by I don't mess with WR attributes.
What type of stats are you getting which makes you say it is too easy to pass? I ask because most of the time you will see QBs in this game (cpu controlled) with Completion % of somewhere between 45 and 60%. Real life QBs are often way above that. And QB Ratings in the game can fluctuate pretty well, too...and come in often 25-50 points below where they should be.

But you may be right...it may be a pick your poison thing - either the human controlled QBs play realistically and get close to real-life numbers, or the CPU ones do and then the Human controlled QBs come in alot higher.

But what numbers are you seeing for your QBs and WRs?

C
Old 09-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #39
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

But what numbers are you seeing for your QBs and WRs?

C
I got about 250 for Steve Smith vs. the Packers secondary in the first half alone....after I got about 100 I purposely tried to throw to him and they just couldn't shut him down. I'm pretty happy with the running game both ways.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
I got about 250 for Steve Smith vs. the Packers secondary in the first half alone....after I got about 100 I purposely tried to throw to him and they just couldn't shut him down. I'm pretty happy with the running game both ways.
Ouch! Yeah...on cpu vs cpu or Coach mode vs cpu, I see the elite receivers sometimes get 185+ yards a game on 10 or 12 catches. But inevitably, the yardage is inflated with one break away long pass for 50 yards or more. Same thing happens with elite RBs...you can get a 150-175 yards a game, but usually one run is like 60 or 80 yards or something.

I agree, the running game is alot better with changed ratings. The passing game is getting there, but I don't know if it is "fixable" to everyone's content. I think we'll continue to have these anomalies and huge games by some WRs and RBs.

It's different in human controlled QBs because then it becomes almost a "cheat". You know you can throw to the guy all the time and just rack up the completions and points. But in Coach mode, the QB will spread the ball around more, and even turn it over more than Human QBs do, so the inflated ratings are not so bad on a game by game basis.

Well, keep testing guys!

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »