Home

NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings

This is a discussion on NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2021, 07:08 PM   #105
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NFL 2K21 Ros/Fran - based on M21 Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers
I worked with BAD_AL who helped me understand the ratings process with his tool along with a lot of other caveats I was unaware of.

Version 4 is a complete recompile from a M21 ratings export I did on 10.8.2020. See above for a list of all that was done to the files.

Yes, the franchise includes the current schedule.

This is the last roster work I will be doing for this season. I hope everyone enjoys the files!

Hey man first off appreciate all the work on the roster! I'm kind of new to modding and such, wondering if you could explain more on the franchise file, I'm not really sure how to implement in to the game. Do I just do the same steps as the roster file? Using the rosters on the roster file for a franchise the contracts and salary caps are off and I see you mention the franchise file fixes the salary cap at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2021, 07:32 PM   #106
Just started!

Hey Packers go ahead and ignore that message, I figured it out I'm a dummy. Once again appreciate the work! Wish I could help out myself just not sure I have the skills sadly.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:33 PM   #107
Rookie

packers's Arena

The Week 17 roster can be found on the main page of this thread. This will be the last ratings run for me this season. If anyone comes across any issues, please share the team name/player name and what changes may be needed and drop them in a reply. I'll be happy to fix any issues as I'm able.

I appreciate everyone's help with this roster journey and I look forward to building on what I've learned. Hopefully, improving future roster efforts for NFL2K5.

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-07-2021, 09:45 PM   #108
Just started!

Hey packers you think you can help me with getting the rosters on my ps2???
Old 02-15-2021, 06:44 PM   #109
Rookie

Is there any way to do a fantasy draft in franchise mode with the updated schedule? If not, it doesn't matter.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:01 PM   #110
Rookie

Lol I just realized all I had to do was change my coaches desk to be the team I wanted. I'll just manually make the trades to get the players I want. Before I just playing the original franchise year with just an updated roster now I got the best of both. I have been playing with custom sliders from a youtube video and the gameplay is really fun for me. Thanks for putting this together
Old 02-22-2021, 01:12 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBabylegs
Hey packers you think you can help me with getting the rosters on my ps2???
Use this thread for 'getting gamesave files onto your device':
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ur-device.html

It does cover PS2 hardware
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2021, 05:26 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 2

First of all, thanks so much for including a PS3 save file. I've found that PS3 files have become incredibly hard to find since about 2015 or so. Most uploads have a PS2 file, but I lack the hardware set up to transfer a PS2 file from PC to a memory card to a PS3. So again, thanks a bunch for including the PS3 file. This might actually get me to play some more 2k5 in anticipation of 2k re-entering the football video game market (even if it is an "arcade" game).

My one gripe with the included file(s) (which I haven't seen much mention of in this thread) is the salaries. Booting up the franchise save file provided, I noticed that every team seems to have around $120 mill in cap space; whereas in the real NFL, my understanding is that teams range from $0 to about $20-30 mill in available cap space.

Digging around for a few minutes, I noticed that some real-life high-paid players are making tiny salaries in the franchise save. The Bears' Khalil Mach is a good example, as the save file here has him making less than $1 mill per year; whereas in real-life, he's making over $20 mill per year. Similarly, the Packer's Aaron Rodgers is making less than half a mill a year in the save file, but makes over $30 mill a year in real life.

I suppose I could go through each team and manually adjust some salaries. Either way, I wanted to bring this issue to the creator's attention (if you weren't aware of it already). If you're planning on doing any future updates, maybe you could take a look at the player contracts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »