Home

Rewrite History 2k22 Roster/Franchise/Draft Class

This is a discussion on Rewrite History 2k22 Roster/Franchise/Draft Class within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2021, 01:21 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rewrite History 2k22 Roster/Franchise/Draft Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers
We can bump the salary cap
I would have to do it on that program?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2021, 09:41 PM   #42
Just started!

Hi. Thanks for the roster update. This is my first time dealing with updating rosters so this is all new to me. I was able to update my rosters with no issues but I did come across a couple of problems. I don't know if it's something I did or not but figured I would share them here anyway.

First problem: I started game between Lions and Washington. Everything seemed fine at first. Washington was referred to as the home team by the announcers. Which made sense because the team name had changed. But after the coin toss, both teams lined up on the same side of the field for the kickoff and all the camera did after that was to continue to pan around in a circle. Nothing I did would change this.

Second problem: I started a game between the Colts and Raiders. The Raiders were also called the home team instead of by name. The stadium was also the generic Visual Concepts stadium instead of a Raider's homefield. I had expected the Raiders to still have their home field of Oakland and to be called the Raiders by the announcers.

So are these actual problems or just normal as I would not know since I am new to updating 2K5. Thanks again for your efforts.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:49 AM   #43
Rookie

michiganfan98's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangSeungJeun
Hi. Thanks for the roster update. This is my first time dealing with updating rosters so this is all new to me. I was able to update my rosters with no issues but I did come across a couple of problems. I don't know if it's something I did or not but figured I would share them here anyway.

First problem: I started game between Lions and Washington. Everything seemed fine at first. Washington was referred to as the home team by the announcers. Which made sense because the team name had changed. But after the coin toss, both teams lined up on the same side of the field for the kickoff and all the camera did after that was to continue to pan around in a circle. Nothing I did would change this.

Second problem: I started a game between the Colts and Raiders. The Raiders were also called the home team instead of by name. The stadium was also the generic Visual Concepts stadium instead of a Raider's homefield. I had expected the Raiders to still have their home field of Oakland and to be called the Raiders by the announcers.

So are these actual problems or just normal as I would not know since I am new to updating 2K5. Thanks again for your efforts.
Assuming this is in quick game mode, make sure you go to the options section before you start your game and select a playbook for each team, it may be stuck on a glitched playbook and the correct stadium might not be selected either.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:52 AM   #44
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers
@chibears96 - Amazing work!

I would like to use your roster in the 2K5 Resurrected Mod and have you join the mod team if interested. I will include full credit and a plug to your channel in the mod release.

Join the 2K5 community - https://discord.gg/sBVXzYb

I took the base 2k22 Ros file and I applied last seasons "best match" player photos to it.

Changes I made to the roster file;
- Set Washington Football Team playbook to Redskins
- Applied last seasons best match player photos that BAD_AL and I updated
- Swapped a few QB's in the Depth Chart to make Jalen Hurts a starter (only a few teams)

Attached;
- 2k22 Ros file with updates mentioned above
- 2k21 player photo pull that I applied
Sweet thanks Packers! I have just updated my recent file so that the salaries for most players are now corrected. Do you want to apply this change to this file or should I apply your changes to my new files? Thanks for the depth chart help as well I haven't gone team by team and edited the depth charts so thats awesome.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:53 AM   #45
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapes81
I would have to do it on that program?
Yes you can do it in the 2k5 editor it when you load a franchise file if you click the green money sign next to team depth charts you can edit the league salary cap
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2021, 11:58 AM   #46
Pro

chibears96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangSeungJeun

I've seen these issues. I figured out what caused it. When we hex edit the files the teams playbooks get a little messed up and caused the jumbled mess you are mentioning lol. Next time you play the washington football team before starting the game change their playbook either back to the old redskins playbook or any other team playbook and you shouldn't have this issue. To change the playbooks and other settings before the game. Go to options after selecting the two teams for the quick game and select the playbook that way.

That shouldn't happen with the Raiders and I'll get around to fixing that along with implementing packers edits and player pictures for the mean time in quick game you can change the raiders back to their normal stadium by going to options and selecting their stadium.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #47
Rookie

gagob04's Arena

Thanks for all your hard work on this! I have gone through my Chargers and made a list of either missing players, players to cut, position changes, etc. Not sure how much you want to tackle this kind of stuff but here is the info regardless if you want to make the changes!

Missing Players:
G - Oday Aboushi
FB - Gabe Nabers
TE - Donald Parham Jr.
T - Trey Pipkins
DT - Cortez Broughton
DT - Breiden Fehoko
OLB - Emeke Egbule

Move Player From FA to Chargers:
K - Michael Badgley (still on the team)

Change Position
FB -> TE - Tre McKitty
T -> G - Matt Feiler
ILB -> OLD - Drue Tranquill (He has lined up in ILB but mostly played outside)

Remove Player:
G - Nick Easton

Players You Can Remove to make space: (these players most likely won't make final roster)
TE - Matt Sokol
TE - Hunter Kampmoyer
DT - Jared Goldwire
Old 07-22-2021, 12:04 PM   #48
Pro

chibears96's Arena

I've uploaded a new file which have added missing players through ourlads for all teams from the Cowboys to the Saints.
There were duplicate players on the Saints and Texans that have been removed and replaced with other rookies who could make the team.

Salaries are fixed. I have personally edited 1500+ players salaries to reflect their 2022 earnings and going forward.

So players such as Davante Adams and Jaire Alexander will be free agents after the season, and now Patrick Mahomes is a 450 million dollar man. Along with most rookies signed to their correct deal.
Some players were not changed due to certain teams spending an insane amount of money and ruining everything (Thanks Saints). If teams start way over the salary cap the AI will panickingly release star players I was seeing Michael Thomas and Alvan Kamara suiting up for other teams 3 weeks in. The salary cap is very high and thats the only way to combat this right now. So some players wont be fully correct salaries if it put the team in jeopardy of doing stupid stuff.
Also the AI after year 1 doesnt really spend a ton of money so I would recommend lowering the salary cap after year 1 to make it more competitive.

Ratings have been edited across the board way too many players to mention here so download and check it out. I will combine my salary changes with Packers player photos and depth chart changes(again thanks Packer) and would love to have the file included in the new 2k5 resurrection mod. Work will continue on it guys so stay tuned

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »