Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2004, 09:43 AM   #953
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Quote:

JRod said:
Quote:

capa said:
Quote:

Motown said:
Quote:

pstrickert said:
i like so much about this game, but . . . something has to be done to keep the CPU QB from throwing the ball into double and triple coverage all the time. i think this accounts for the QB completion percentage being too low and the number of interceptions being too high. can anything be done to make the QB smarter? or is this an AI issue and out of our control? i'd be interested in hearing your thoughts . . . anyone?

This would prolly be time consuming, but you could in and edit every Qbs Attributes ie. pass accuracy,pass-read coverage,composure, and consistancy...this would prolly do it

Yes! This is the ONLY way to get this game to the level of realism we are all seeking. You have to edit player attributes...not only QBs but CBs, RBs, etc... I am telling you, the sliders will only get you so far and a ton of good work has been done on them by you folks here, but adjusting the player ratings is the missing link.

C

There is some hope that VC might do this...

ESPN NHL had the goalie fix, in their first roster update they might make an update for players that will also translate to update attributes for the created players in franchise mode.

Hopefully they are reading the feedback here!! Maybe Steve or someone here at OS can bring forward that request to them...wishful thinking anyway!

C
Old 07-31-2004, 10:19 AM   #954
Rookie

OVR: 4

I appreciate the replies so far. I'll go look myself in a few minutes, but I was wondering about the Aggressive attribute. (There IS such an attribute, right?) Would a higher Aggressive rating make a QB more inclined to throw a high-risk pass? I'm just thinking out loud right now. Correct me, if I say something stupid.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:42 AM   #955
Rookie

OVR: 4

Okay, forget the idea about the Aggressive rating. I guess that's a defensive attribute.

I noticed something odd when I checked out some of the QB attributes. Brett Favre, even though he ranked second to P. Manning last year in completion percentage, only has an 84 rating for Pass Accuracy. Compare that to P. Manning (96), T. Green (88), and J. Kitna (85). Hmmmmmm. . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 11:15 AM   #956
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

I think the QB read coverage attribute does it. Some QB's had QB RC that were strikingly low. All you have to do is up them. QB's with low read coverage attributes are more inclined to throw to there primary receiver no matter how much he is covered. QB's with a high RC will eat you up because they recognize there receiver is covered much quicker and is able to find secondary receivers much faster.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:19 AM   #957
Banned

Quote:

Rocky said:
I think the QB read coverage attribute does it. Some QB's had QB RC that were strikingly low. All you have to do is up them. QB's with low read coverage attributes are more inclined to throw to there primary receiver no matter how much he is covered. QB's with a high RC will eat you up because they recognize there receiver is covered much quicker and is able to find secondary receivers much faster.

Yep...I have been playing with this, and you really have to up all the QBs into the 90's to get rid of all the INTs in the game. In addition, up the throw accuracy attributes as well intot he low 90's for most QBs. It plays out extremely well in the game as I am watching cpu vs cpu games which is the only way to tell if it makes a difference. It may seem like unnaturally high, but in combination with the sliders I am using, it reall does make a difference!

There are a ton of other tweaks you can make as well, but I think these 2 assist with the passing game to a huge degree.

C
Old 07-31-2004, 11:20 AM   #958
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

What are you guys doing with the Fatigue and Kicking sliders?
Old 07-31-2004, 12:18 PM   #959
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

pstrickert said:
Okay, forget the idea about the Aggressive rating. I guess that's a defensive attribute.

I noticed something odd when I checked out some of the QB attributes. Brett Favre, even though he ranked second to P. Manning last year in completion percentage, only has an 84 rating for Pass Accuracy. Compare that to P. Manning (96), T. Green (88), and J. Kitna (85). Hmmmmmm. . .

Maybe because Brett throws alot of INTS, but wouldn't that be be reflected more in read coverage or something? Just a thought.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:26 PM   #960
Banned

Quote:

showmedabounce said:
Quote:

pstrickert said:

Maybe because Brett throws alot of INTS, but wouldn't that be be reflected more in read coverage or something? Just a thought.

http://forums.operationsports.com/ubbthr...;o=&fpart=1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »