Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 08:42 AM   #1385
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdisk93
yeah dan u were rite about human offense being too low, the score was 3-0 at the end of the half (playin hte patriots in the conference championships) but with ur sliders i just had the greatest game i hvae ever had in any sports game. After the Half, the score was 3-0. THey drive and score a touchdown to make it 10-0. Then it was back and forth scoring and i ended up tyin it up 17-17 with about a minute left. Iam the broncos and roethlisberger (traded) is chargin downfield. On about hte 5th play he gets picked off by ted bruschi at midfield. the next play, trevor pryce hits tom brady as he throws the ball, screws up hte throw and MLB john mobley picks it off and runs it for a touchdown. i win 24-17. great sliders dan, iam off to try off ur adjustments in the superbowl

Silverdisk, let me know how the little adjustments I made worked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 08:43 AM   #1386
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
DanSF49, your sliders are really good and I'm getting realistic stats. The only problem I have with the sliders are the fumbles. Every 5 plays there's a fumble. I busted for a 50+ yard when I was tackled from the back and fumbled. Too much man, you have to find a good setting for the fumbles because that's not realistic. Other then that, really good sliders man.

Ankido, just try lowering the fumble slider down a little I thought it was to high anyway but I was listening to what other people on here were saying.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:55 AM   #1387
Pro

Thumbs up Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Alright guys I think im getting real close to a final version of these sliders, maybe just a few more tweaks are needed. Once again any help is appreciated from all of you, bring on plus and minuses you are seeing.

DanSF49's ESPN Sliders (40 Total Version 3)
Sub in/out = 60%/85%

Human/CPU
Blocking 22/30
Passing 10/30
Running 28/30
Catching 40/40
Coverage 10/30
Pursuit 10/18
Tackling 8/12
Kicking 0/40
Fatigue 4/4
Injury 20
Fumbles 26
Ints 0

All Penalties 40 except
Clipping 0
Def Pass Int 35
R. The Kicker 32
Ineligble Man 32
Off Holding 32
Old 08-19-2004, 09:59 AM   #1388
MVP

Talking Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Another good game w/my sliders. My Bears beat the Vikings 35-17(should have been 28-17 but I just rubbed it in). Again this game in the snow(I had 3 fumbles they had 1) and they threw 2 picks, me none. Came down to the 4th quarter again I am up 28-17 and they are w/in 15yards of scoring a TD when what looks like a TD pass, Jerry Azumah came out of nowhere knocked it in the air, Mike Brown tipped it again and Lance Briggs scooped it up right before it hit the ground. Guess what, I take the ball all the way down field to their 40 and I FUMBLE. But I stopped them on 4 downs and scored a go head touchdown. I only managed 60 yards rushing but it was hard and Moss lit me up. I also had some big pass plays so I will make a few adjustments so I can run better, give the CPU better coverage but less pursuit and turn down the fumbles:

SUB IN/OUT 60/85

HUMAN / CPU
Blocking 15/40 -> 18/40
Passing 10/40 -> 8/40
Running 15/40 -> 17/40
Catching 20/40
Coverage 12/30 -> 12/35
Pursuit 12/30 -> 12/25
Tackling 10/20 -> 10/18
Kicking 10/10
Fatigue 5/5
Injury 20/20
Fumbles 25/25 -> 22/22
Int 0/0

Penalties
All at 40 but change these:
Defensive pass interference 35
Offensive Holding 30
Roughing the Kicker 30
Ineligible man 30
Clipping 0

Last edited by bizcanos; 08-19-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:41 PM   #1389
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantis0524
Someone posted earlier about certain sliders off-setting each other and needing to total 40. Based on this, I created my own sliders in favor of the cpu, but totalling 40 and have had some great games. Off the top of my head, these are the sliders that off-set each other:

Blocking vs. Pursuit
Passing vs. Coverage
Running vs. Tackling

Based on this, these are my sliders:
Hum. CPU
Block 20 32
Pass 20 32
Run 20 32
Catch 40 40
Coverage 8 20
Pursuit 8 20
Tackling 8 20
Kicking 0 20
Fatigue 20 20
Injury 12 12
Fumble 24 24
Ints. 0 0

The CPU has been more productive with these sliders for some reason. I really think there is a difference with all the sliders off-setting each other. I haven't had a pick in two games. Before, I would get 4 or 5 a game. So, thanks to whoever came up with this idea.

Shawn
=============
I've tried these sliders and I think they are great as well. I actually played my first interception free game with them, something I was desperately looking for.

Good all around game balance with these sliders. Try them!

-AJ
Old 08-19-2004, 06:02 PM   #1390
MVP

Talking Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJColossal
I've tried these sliders and I think they are great as well. I actually played my first interception free game with them, something I was desperately looking for.

Good all around game balance with these sliders. Try them!

-AJ
I really do not believe in this balance out factor but enough people have said to try it so I will give this a try and report back. As far as the problem w/picks, I have not had a pick in about 3-4 games w/my sliders. But I will give these a try. PEACE
Old 08-19-2004, 06:30 PM   #1391
Pro

Just when you thought it was safe to read this thread--I'm back. :-)

I made one more set of revisions. My fundamental problem with all sliders I've tried, including my own, has been not enough CPU offense. Two of my last three games (both playoff games) were 24-20 and 27-24. I just finished playing the Bengals (2008 playoffs), and Carson Palmer was 13-24-0 for 211 yards, and the Bengals had 350+ total yards. I had about 420 total yards, though, and hung on by a fingernail. This is the first time I've started yelling at the t.v. (which is my ultimate seal of approval on a game, usually).

Here are the settings, with explanations for the changes below:
First value is Human setting, second value is CPU setting:
Blocking: 16,40
Passing: 0,40
Running: 16,40
Catching: 40,40
Coverage:4*,28*
Pursuit: 4*,10*
Tackling: 0*,8
Kicking: 0,40*
Fatigue: 4,4
Injury: 20
Fumbles: 28
Interceptions: 0

In order:
Coverage--Human to 4, CPU to 28. I just never saw open space for CPU receivers with Human coverage at 8. I do see some now. CPU setting was increased because I think flag routes are a little too effective, and this cuts that back some.
Pursuit--Human to 4, CPU to 10. 4 gives the CPU a small speed bonus on offense, but it also makes big plays possible without being ridiculous. However, lowering CPU to 10 also makes it possible for us to have big plays against the CPU as well.
Tackling--Human to 0. The number of broken tackles doesn't go up tremendously from a setting of 8, but it does slightly increase the chances of a running back gaining the corner, breaking a tackle, and taking off, which the CPU really needs. Using these settings I still held Jamal Lewis to 96 yards on 24 carries in a playoff game, and 32 of that was on one run.
Kicking--Like I said a few pages back, I tested this in situation mode and it affects accuracy only. 40 is the most realistic setting based on results of about 50 CPU kicks that I charted from various distances.

I'm going to post a few house rules I'm using in Franchise mode in a couple of days because this all integrates. If you build up some incredible team because of Franchise A.I. weaknesses, then all sliders will bore you. So I'm trying to make the game challenging both on the field and in the General Manager's office as well. I want the slider settings to force challenges upon you in the draft and free agency as well, not just on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 07:18 PM   #1392
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris44
Just when you thought it was safe to read this thread--I'm back. :-)

I made one more set of revisions. My fundamental problem with all sliders I've tried, including my own, has been not enough CPU offense. Two of my last three games (both playoff games) were 24-20 and 27-24. I just finished playing the Bengals (2008 playoffs), and Carson Palmer was 13-24-0 for 211 yards, and the Bengals had 350+ total yards. I had about 420 total yards, though, and hung on by a fingernail. This is the first time I've started yelling at the t.v. (which is my ultimate seal of approval on a game, usually).

Here are the settings, with explanations for the changes below:
First value is Human setting, second value is CPU setting:
Blocking: 16,40
Passing: 0,40
Running: 16,40
Catching: 40,40
Coverage:4*,28*
Pursuit: 4*,10*
Tackling: 0*,8
Kicking: 0,40*
Fatigue: 4,4
Injury: 20
Fumbles: 28
Interceptions: 0

In order:
Coverage--Human to 4, CPU to 28. I just never saw open space for CPU receivers with Human coverage at 8. I do see some now. CPU setting was increased because I think flag routes are a little too effective, and this cuts that back some.
Pursuit--Human to 4, CPU to 10. 4 gives the CPU a small speed bonus on offense, but it also makes big plays possible without being ridiculous. However, lowering CPU to 10 also makes it possible for us to have big plays against the CPU as well.
Tackling--Human to 0. The number of broken tackles doesn't go up tremendously from a setting of 8, but it does slightly increase the chances of a running back gaining the corner, breaking a tackle, and taking off, which the CPU really needs. Using these settings I still held Jamal Lewis to 96 yards on 24 carries in a playoff game, and 32 of that was on one run.
Kicking--Like I said a few pages back, I tested this in situation mode and it affects accuracy only. 40 is the most realistic setting based on results of about 50 CPU kicks that I charted from various distances.

I'm going to post a few house rules I'm using in Franchise mode in a couple of days because this all integrates. If you build up some incredible team because of Franchise A.I. weaknesses, then all sliders will bore you. So I'm trying to make the game challenging both on the field and in the General Manager's office as well. I want the slider settings to force challenges upon you in the draft and free agency as well, not just on the field.
Bill,

What kind of cpu completion %'s are you getting with these? I've been trying every slider combination posted within these threads, and I've not found any that consistently yield a completion % of over 50% for the cpu. It's wierd.

When it's my offense against the cpu defense, I have my offensive sliders and the cpu defensive sliders set up at straight all-pro. For me, it's about right.

But I can't seem to find a set that (when the cpu is on offense and I'm on defense) will get the cpu to complete over 50%. I like your cpu offense/human defense sliders, but even when I put human coverage at 0, the cpu still completes less than 50%. Now, I'm testing sliders in exhibition, not franchise, so I don't know if that makes a difference (some claim it plays different in franchise).

But regardless, has anyone found a way to get the cpu to pass for 50% or more consistently? I've even tried the "40 formula" and I'm still having trouble with the cpu getting its completions. Bill or somebody else, please help! Everything else I've got the way I want it, but I just can't start my franchise until I get this one last thing figured out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Sliders »