Home

Minnesota North Stars (NCAA 10 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Minnesota North Stars (NCAA 10 Dynasty) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Minnesota North Stars (NCAA 10 Dynasty)

you have once again out done yourself stewaat... gerat work my man
Old 08-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #58
stewaat

OVR:

Getting up to date on 2011:

Currently ranked #14 after beating #16 Ohio State 36-33 in overtime at home. I'm 7-2 overall and 4-1 in the Big Ten.

Remaining 3 games:
#4 Michigan (8-0) *It's a home game and I'm playing really well, but Michigan is looking too damn good for me
Iowa (4-4) *They are on a slide and it looks like a very winnable game
@ #8 Wisconsin (7-1) *If I beat Michigan and Iowa this game for very well be for the Big Ten title. The odds of that happening are slim but you never know.

News and notes:
* Freshman QB Kendall Hall had the best game of his career vs. Ohio State throwing 5 TDs and 0 INTs. That puts him at 1,798 yards and 14 TD/9 INT on the year.
*Senior HB Duane Bennett is being the anchor, as he closes in on 1,000 yards for the 3rd straight year. He needs 90 yards in the final 3 games.
*Sophomore MLB Will Jordan has 71 tackles, 2 sacks, and 2 INTs.

Recruiting news:
Minnesota is having a great in-season recruiting year. They are currently #3 in the nation with 5* FS Jared Higdon highlighting the class. Other recruits: 4* FS/WR/ATH, 3* HB/HB/T

Old 09-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #59
stewaat

OVR:

Last two games:

Michigan defeats Minnesota 13-10
A pure defensive battle. I missed a FG which would've made it 13-6, and that hurt. I had a long TD late in the game but failed to recover the onside kick.

Minnesota beats Iowa 28-9
They were pretty bad. Their QB was all over the place and I didn't let them get anything big. I pounded the ball and had a couple turnovers for this easy win.

Season finale:
#14 Minnesota (8-3, 5-2 Big Ten) @ #13 Wisconsin (8-2, 6-1 Big Ten)

Huge rivalry game which could possible put Minnesota in the Top 10 if they win. Going to need a good day on both sides of the ball to win, Wisconsin has a talented team.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #60
stewaat

OVR:

Alrighty then...I've been playing the heck out of this dynasty but not posting very often! That will change in 2012.

Here is the lowdown:
+ Finished 10-3 (Ranked #10) with a solid mix of veterans and young players. Beat Arkansas in the Capital One Bowl in overtime. It was a crazy game.
+ I lost all my skill players on offense...and three starting linemen.
+ Recruiting has been pretty good to me. I signed a 5* running back to fill in for the departure of Duane Bennett, who will be greatly missed.
+ I was 2nd in the Big Ten. Michigan took the crown.
+ Big Ten is looking really strong. They are recruiting really well and half the conference is in the Top 25. Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Minnesota are the top 5 teams. Iowa is on the brink and the rest are falling apart.

Question of the night:
Should Duane Bennett be the first North Star listed in the Hall of Fame? Check out the numbers here: http://www.freewebs.com/stewaat/HBs.html

In all honesty it's a very tough question. He put up very, very solid numbers, but HoF worthy? I'm not too sure. I'd like some feedback from you guys!

Outlook for 2012:
Check out the site, it has the lineups and all that good stuff. I will update the home page and make the highlight vid tomorrow. All the other stuff on the site is up to date.

I have a VERY, VERY young offense (2 FR, 7 SO, 1 JR, 1 SR)!!!
My defense is veteran and talented! (2 SO, 7 JR, 2 SR)!!!

I'm excited for the season and I have to travel to #8 Alabama in the season opener. It will be a true test for my team!

BTW I need to get better linemen in my system. I'm dead last in sacks allowed for the 3rd straight year...I need my QB alive.

Enjoy it like I do!

P.S. I am going to update each game in this thread from now on haha, I've been slacking big time!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #61
stewaat

OVR:

Oh and just some food for thought:

Beating #1 Texas was cool at the time...but when they went 7-6 and finished unranked it took away the coolness!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #62
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Oh and just some food for thought:

Beating #1 Texas was cool at the time...but when they went 7-6 and finished unranked it took away the coolness!
It looks like you started their tail-spin.

As always, a good read Stew.

That's the best thing about Offline dynasties, you can progress at your own pace.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #63
stewaat

OVR:

Pretty much, and you don't have to worry about pleasing everybody with sliders.

I'm working on the 2011 Top 10 plays right now. I have 15 to choose from so these should be halfway decent. After I do that I'll put up a season preview on the home page.

I also didn't feel all that great today and called in sick, so I'll be getting a few games in. Hey I've worked 8.5 months straight without a sick or vacation day! And I still feel bad for not going in.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #64
stewaat

OVR:

2011 Season Opener

#21 Minnesota - 24
#8 Alabama - 31

Great game to play even though I lost. They took the lead with 2:42 remaining and I had an incredible drive to get into great position to score. I hit a huge 15-yard pass on 4th & 6 to keep my drive alive. That put me inside their 5 yard line but they stuff me on 4 straight plays to keep me out of the endzone and preserve their 31-24 victory.

Player Stats:
MIN QB Kendall Hall -143.9 rating, 18/29, 228 yards, 2 TD, INT (only sacked 1 time)
MIN HB Ivan McKinney - 29 car, 119 yards, 4.1 avg, TD
MIN WR Booker Chambers - 7 rec, 109 yards, 15.5 avg, TD
MIN WR Andre Morris - 3 rec, 43 yards, TD
MIN FS Keanon Cooper - 11 tak, INT
MIN DE Roy Mitchell - 4 tak, sack, FF

ALA QB S. Jackson - 115.4 rating, 23/43, 286 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
ALA HB T. Richardson - 24 car, 192 yards, 8.0 avg, 2 TD, long of 69
ALA WR E. Bailey - 7 rec, 124 yards, TD

Well I had a great chance but blew it. That would've been a great way to start off the season. I could've made a run if I had the momentum from that game.

Next Game: Ball State | B- Overall | 0-0 record

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »