Home

3 yards and a Cloud of Dust... a Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise

This is a discussion on 3 yards and a Cloud of Dust... a Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 3 yards and a Cloud of Dust... a Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise

Interesting bringing in J. Garcia. Are you considering making the real life pickup of getting Trent Edwards as well?

Glad to see MJD have a solid season as well as M. Lewis and Mike Sims-Walker.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine
I like this, will follow. I like the move with Garrard because he is a rather inconsistent QB sometimes, and I do believe a trade or cut sounds reasonable.
Yeah, I would definitely cut him but he has such a huge cap hit that I decided against it. He still has 4 years on his contract, so I don't know what I'll do with him. I don't want to start him, but I dont want to feed a backup 60 million
Old 11-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #11
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Interesting bringing in J. Garcia. Are you considering making the real life pickup of getting Trent Edwards as well?

Glad to see MJD have a solid season as well as M. Lewis and Mike Sims-Walker.
I most likely wont bring Edwards in. I plan on bringing in Troy Smith this offseason, and developing him into a starter. Garcia was just in on a 1-year thing, if he doesn't retire I'll consider re-signing him. Also, I really like the good youth on the team with MJD, Lewis, and Sims-Walker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #12
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Jags are in the midst of an improbable playoff run... update to come later
Old 11-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #13
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Jags Win it all!!

Miami, FL-- The Jacksonville Jaguars capped an improbable playoff run with a Super Bowl victory last night. Here's a look back at the greatest post-season in Jaguars history:

Game 1: @ Tennessee-
The Jags came out to face the Titans for the 3rd time this season, and were able to triumph, 38-31. David Garrard threw 3 touchdowns to Torry Holt, and Gerald Alexander and Rashean Mathis had the same statline: 5 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 touchdown. The Jags used the 2 defensive touchdowns to overcome the Titans as Reggie Nelson intercepted Vince Young with 57 seconds left, as the Titans were just outside the red zone.

Game 2: @ Pittsburgh-
The Jaguars out gained the #1 seed Steelers 355-207 in this classic game. After a slow 6-6 first half, the game began to heat up when David Garrard was picked off by William Gay on a broken screen play and returned for a TD. After going 3 & out, the Jags let Ben Roethlisberger throw an 80-yard bomb to Santonio Holmes with just over 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Down 20-6, Garrard went to work. He led the Jags down the field in under a minute and threw a 7 yard touchdown to Rookie Mike Thomas. The Jaguars kicked off deep, and were able to stop the Steelers in 3 plays, getting the ball back with 1:27 left. Garrard again play like a mad man in the clutch, converting a 3rd & 12 pass to Maurice Jones-Drew and a 4th & 9 pass to Marcedes Lewis. Garrard eventually ran in a 3-yard touchdown to tie the game, 20-20 with 10 seconds left. Ready to play overtime, the Jags sent a squib kick downfield that was returned all the way to the Jaguars 36-yard line by Mewelde Moore. However, Jeff Reed missed the 53-yard field goal, and the game went to O.T.

The Jags got the ball and Garrard continued his success, driving the Jags nearly into field goal range before Lewis was flagged for holding at the 38 yard line. Facing 1st and 20 from the 48, the Steelers sent some heat at Garrard, who faced down the blitz and fired a bullet to Mike Sims-Walker, who busted through a Gay tackle and walked into the end zone. Final: 26-20

Game 3: @ New England-
It was a day that absolutely favored the Jaguars. A cold, wet day was not kind to Tom Brady and the Patriots as he was sacked twice by Daryl Smith, who also had 8 tackles and 3 TFL. Derrick Harvey, Terrance Knighton, and Quentin Groves had a sack each. Brady only managed 143 yards through the air. The Pats had a 7-3 halftime lead before Mike Thomas ran back the opening kickoff 91 yards for a TD. It was all Jags from then on, with Maurice Jones-Drew's 101 yards and a TD on 23 attempts leading the way. Garrard had a pedestrian day, throwing for only 167 yards and a 27 yard touchdown to Torry Holt. Gerald Alexander iced the game with his interception of Brady in Jags territory with under a minute left. Final: 24-14

Game 4: Dallas
The Jaguars D came into this game determined to win. They knocked both Tony Romo and John Kitna out of the game. "This unit has never hit so hard. Ever." said Daryl Smith, who won the Super Bowl MVP with his 15 tackles, 4 TFL to go with a fumble recovery. In addition to Romo and Kitna, Roy Williams, Flozell Adams, and Marion Barber were all shaken up after hits from the Jaguars defense. Derrick Harvey had 6 tackles and 2 sacks, the first of which knocked Romo out. David Garrard and the offense did just enough to win, completing 19-34 passes for 192 yards, touchdowns to Torry Holt and Marcedes Lewis, and an Int. Final: 24-14

Old 11-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Congrats on the Super Bowl win. Wonder if that will give Garrard some job security.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:08 AM   #15
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Jaguars hire Turner, Rivera as Coordinators

Jacksonville, FL-- The Jaguars retained Head Coach Jack Del Rio and all of their position coaches, but fired Offensive Coordinator Dirk Koetter and Special Teams coordinator Russ Purnell, and demoted Defensive Coordinator Mel Tucker to take over for Purnell.

Norv Turner, who was fired as the Chargers head coach last week, has been hired to replace Koetter, and brought along Ron Rivera, who was his defensive coordinator in San Diego, to replace Tucker. Turner was the architect of the Cowboy's offense in the early 90's that saw Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, and Emmit Smith carve out Hall-of-Fame worthy careers, and has been regarded as one of the best offensive minds in the game. Rivera has coached well in the Chargers 3-4 defense, and his players have played at a consistently high level for him. He coached Shawne Merriman to a Pro-Bowl level OLB in 2006, and Merriman was considered one of the top pass rushers in the game until he injured his knee in 2008.

These decisions came as quite a shock to Purnell and Koeter, who said in a joint statement, "We are completely shocked by this decision. If we coached our units well enough to win the Super Bowl, what else does the organization want? Jay Randolph has no idea how to run a team, and the future looks bleak if this Nazi remains in charge."

When asked for a comment, Randolph chuckled and said, "See if anyone hires those guys. They were God-awful. The players won in spite of them, not because of them."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #16
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Jacksonville, FL-- Jeff Garcia announced his retirement today at the age of 40, after 14 years in the NFL. Garcia spent the season as a back-up to David Garrard and retires after finnally getting a Super Bowl ring, albeit while holding a clip board. "I have had a fantastic career, and have played for great organizations and great coaches. Also, I can't say enough about all the incredible teammates I had over the years. Thank you to everyone who has had an impact on my career.

Other notable retirees include:

Brett Favre
Kevin Mawae
Derrick Brooks
Junior Seau
Isaac Bruce
Ty Law
Ahmad Green
Kevin Faulk
Joey Galloway
Muhsin Muhammad

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »