Home

The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25)

This is a discussion on The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #73
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Cleveland Curse: A Cleveland Browns Ownership Saga (Madden 25)

I want you to replicate the trade, it will be cool to see you build the franchise your way.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #74
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

OVR: 1

BROWNS BREAKING NEWS

Browns Front Office Makes massive Changes; Lombardi/Banner set sail for future with Owner Jackson in tow.
Cleveland trades Trent Richardson, Benches Weeden. To start Hoyer versus Lions.
By: Mike Martellus, Cleveland Squire

Trent Richardson Traded:

The NFL as we know it has shifted, and it came a few days ago at the behest of the Cleveland Browns. That is, the Cleveland Browns have traded former 3rd overall pick, Trent Richardson to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for the Colts' first round pick this year. The trade was reportedly discussed and initiated by the Browns front office, featuring Joe Banner (CEO) and Mike Lombardi (GM/Player Personelle). Banner and Lombardi also confirmed that coach Rob Chudsinski and owner Alexander Jackson consented to the deal, the latter of which obviously had final say.

Trent Richardson in practice/rehab for newly minted Colts

In the words of Banner, regarding Richardson:

"The moment presented itself based on the situation the Coltsfound themselves in," Banner told reporters shortly after the trade was announced. "It wasn't something we could say, 'Can you wait three weeks and let us think about this or learn more?' We had to decide whether we thought it was a move that would make us better, and we had to make that decision now. We decided to move forward [...] This really has nothing to do with Trent from that standpoint. The opportunity as an organization was there for us to have the chance to get better ultimately. We felt like it was the right decision after all." Banner reiterated again: "This wasn't something negative about Trent, as much as it was the value that we think we got in terms of what we feel we need to do to move the franchise forward and get it to where we want it to be," he said. "We thought this positioned us well to do that."
However, most analysts seem to believe that this trade is a bizarre waving of the white flag on the year, for a team that sits at 3-2 and in the AFC North lead. It is an absolutely bizarre time to make such a move, which hasn't been lost on anyone:

@SkipBayless Browns just traded Trich despite leading AFC North. Wow. Brass says Future is not focus, winning still the goal #YEAHRIGHT! #SARCASM

Now, you'll recall that Trent is out with an injury, and will indeed miss the next month. Evidently, this fact did not concern the Colts, who believe that Richardson is a "Long term answer" at a troubling position and that "they will be glad to welcome [Richardson] when he's ready to go"

For Cleveland, it's reported that Willis McGahee has been signed at the request of Coach Chud, dating back to their time together at the University of Miami a decade ago. Meanwhile Beanie Wells has been terminated in favour of Bobby Rainey from the Cleveland practice squad, and Miguel Maysonet remains. Not a great look on paper, but the Browns had to be without Richardson anyway, and are making the best of moving on without him permanently. There are some rumours that Cleveland may bring back Beanie, and also, that De'Anthony Thomas could be a future plan some years down the road. Whether or not Cleveland ever drafts a back in the first round again, though, is as equally worthy of wonder.

With the Browns this year, Richardson posted 278 yards on 58 carries for a 4.8 average including a 23 yard long. He managed no touchdowns however, even in a game where he posted 178 all-purpose yards. He also had 11 grabs for 76 yards and no score.

One must believe that concerns about Richardson's health and his up-and-down production (4.8 is gravy, but no scores in 4 games is not) made the Browns brass pull the trigger.

As for Jim Irsay and Ryan Grigson of the Colts, they site Richardson's above production as proof that even though he is "nowhere close to his ceiling" he is great and will be capable of greater. Coach Chuck Pagano reportedly called Richarson a "rolling ball of Butcher knives". As well, Colts' brass seems similarly unphased by Richardson's injury for which he will miss 4 more weeks, noting "if we didn't feel comfortable with his druability, we wouldn't have made the trade. He'll have a chance to recover with us and digest the playbook, and then, we'll slot him in as our top option when he's fully ready to go, and for the future with us. When he's ready, he'll have every carry he can handle, because the injury isn't serious, it will just take time." Concluded Colts GM Ryan Grigson

Browns Future Outlook, and the move away from Weeden:

Browns announce Weeden will no longer be starter, will seek trade partner if possible

As for the Browns, they now have to hope that the Colts continue to struggle so that they can utilize their own pick and the Colts'. Most analysts believe that the Browns, who are far from sold on Weeden are targetting a franchise QB. You'll also recall though, that Bridgewater, Maziel and Miller all elected to stay in NCAA, so who might the Browns be targetting? It's a subject of much debate. Is it McCarron? Boyd? Murray? Heisman winner James Franklin out of Missou? Maybe Stephen Morris?

There may be no Bridgewater, Manziel, De'Anthony Thomas, Braxton Miller or Jadeveon Clowney, but there are options and the Browns now have two picks.

At any rate, it's clear that it won't be Weeden, who has struggled even in the Browns' decent success. Through 5 games Weeden has posted an abysmal 50.2 QBR including 900 yards, 5 touchdowns and 9 INTs and a paltry 50% completion. Clearly, the 30 year old has run out of chances, as sources are reporting that Weeden has been benched and the team may even consider trading the former 22nd overall pick to a team. If that occurs, the compensation will be low.

On Brian Hoyer and Jamarcus Russell:

Who will supplant Weeden? Well, it's clear that Lombardi is running things in Cleveland along with Banner, as the much-Lombardi-Loved Bryan Hoyer has been signed off the Browns practice squad to take the helm versus Detroit. But why Hoyer, and what does that have to say about Lombardi's power over the Browns? Just this:

Back in 2010, Lombardi, as a journalist for NFL Network said:

“If I would have taken the GM job of the 49ers, I would have gone after Brian Hoyer, because I think he has all the traits and characteristics,” Lombardi said in 2010. “If I were the Cleveland Browns, I'd rather have Brian Hoyer behind center than Colt McCoy. I think he's got all the traits you need, in terms of leadership, toughness, the arm strength, the ability to move the team.”

Brian Hoyer tabbed as starter by Lombardi lead Browns, will take on 4-1 Lions

Well, he may not be the GM of the 49ers, but after 3 years, he is just that as the Browns and he seems to have his wish. Hoyer will go from inactive on sundays to first string against Detroit, a 4-1 ballclub. Though, it's not expected that Hoyer will have a long leash, as Browns Owner Alexander Jackson is reportedly a fan of Russell's arm and would like to give him a shot. JaMarcus, you'll recall, beat out Campbell for the Browns' #2 job, but will be leap frogged by Hoyer at what we can only assume is the insistance of Lombardi and possibly Banner. Just like the Richardson deal. However, Russell may yet have his chance before the year is done... A year that once started with promise but a promise that's likely to crumble (it already started to with Richardson's injury) in the wake of these changes (though Weeden has shown a torrid inability to lead the team regardless).

In fact, NFL.com ran a headline today that read: "Report: Brandon Weeden not viewed as answer at QB"

So if the stats didn't already suggest it, the sources do.

I'm also told not to be surprised if Jamarcus finishes out the season before the Browns make their selection of the QB of the future. You'd have to think they wish Teddy Bridgewater would be there, or Manziel, but in true Browns fashion, they won't have the best of the best at the draft to choose from. Or at least, according to most scouts, they'll have to settle this year for someone they like-- and hopefully they like him alot.

On the Owner:

Browns' Owner Alexander Jackson contemplates a European backdrop in Malmo Sweden, the day after Richardson's trade; shows he may not be top decision maker in personelle for Browns, after result of Richardson trade, some say

Lost in all of this talk about Cleveland's plan as it eminates from Banner and Lombardi is the Browns' new owner Alexander Jackson, and how he fits in.

When he took the reigns of the Browns, he told us everything would be a collaborative decision and that he would hear out and support his staff, even if he didn't hand pick them. He appears to be doing that precisely, given his intriguing comments regarding the trade

Jackson said "Well, to be frank with you, it's not a trade I would have envisioned us making when we started the season-- but obviously we talked about it, and we reasoned-- or rather, I was convinced that this was the best move for us as a club. Banner mentioned to me that there are 'certain ways' a winning team is built and that we have to do everything in our power to build in that way. So, while I absolutely love Trent and believe he will be successful in this league, I have to have faith in the plan and in the way we're going about building the Browns to be sustainable in the long-term and not the short-term. "

Is it even possible to tow a party line for the guy that owns the party? If so, Alexander Jackson just did it-- clearly expressing his admiration for Richardson, but feeling the need to back his front office's vision. It's a tough bind, but perhaps it's just the nature of it. Jackson may be the owner, but he has a lot to learn about the NFL in his first year as a young owner. Clearly, he accepted the deal-- the question is: How much did he object to it? That much we may never know.

Last tidbits:

Browns' Barkevious Mingo will get first start versus Detroit

In the Browns' push for youth, they will heap more work onto the plate of 1st round selection Barkevious Mingo. Mingo had been a situational player at each LB spot and DE, posting 6 tackles and 1 for a loss as well as 1 forced fumble. He will be asked to do more after being elevated over Jabaal Sheard at the starting role for the ROLB position. Browns DC Ray Horton said "We're 5 games done, and we think he's ready to get it to high gear. We still love Sheard and he will see downs, no question, in the rotation-- But we'll as Bark(evious Mingo) to take on a starter role and see if he's ready."

So, it's a time for youth and change in Cleveland, and if it wasn't clear that Browns brass was uncomfortable with the way that Holmgren and Heckert left the team, it is abundantly clear now, with Trent Richardson dealt, Weeden benched and on the trade block, and Mingo (the current regime's pick) placed above Sheard.

11 Year pro Willis McGahee signed and starting for Browns versus Lions

Finally, McGahee will start against Detroit, Coach Chudzinski noted, with Rainey and Maysonette taking extra duties. Davone Bess has also been elevated to the number 2 spot opposite Gordon, with Little demoted to 3-man. Bess is the team's leading WR this season through 5 games.

It's been a fascinating week leading up to the Browns' game with Detroit, but it's also a week in which the Browns have tipped their hand regarding just how far they think they can go this year... And where their priorities lie. Unfortunately for Cleveland, I find it hard to believe their focus is on the Lions after so much change and a mind firmly placed in the future.

WRITER'S NOTES: 1) Apologies for the delay and still having yet to face Detroit, but after such momentous shifts from my beloved Browns I wanted to do some research and work this in as well as I could. I'm also a bit up against the clock on a thesis deadline, so may not have the Detroit game done until Monday night. Wish me luck guys, I'll need it with the way the Browns front Office is running this team!

2) I'd like to solicit opinions on where a realstic place to trade Weeden to might be, given his skillset. I do not want him to be starting anywhere as he has not shown ability for it either here or in real life, so a good backup spot for him. I'd ask for no more than a 5th rounder , or a low-end CB/ SS/FS prospect in return given his struggles. Any thoughts on a good place for Weeden to hold a clipboard for now? His bridges are clearly burning in Cleveland, with me, and in real life. Thanks guys
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

Commissioner of TBFL Madden on OS http://www.operationsports.com/forums/tbfl/

TBFL Colts
Year 1: 9-7-0 (No playoffs)

Last edited by Desalbert; 09-21-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #75
Rookie

Tgar05's Arena

Send weeden to cincy! Josh Johnson is such a contrast to dalton and just doesn't fit their system. Plus it can create a decent story line for you as you continue with a possible injury to dalton and Gruden is a good QB coach which is what weeden needs if he wants to stay in the NFL.
NHL: Pens
NCAA: Penn St, WVU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #76
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

Week 6(Year 1)

News Prior to Games

• Blockbuster Recap-- Browns trade Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick (2014), Browns sign RB Willis McGahee, RB Bobby Rainey (from practice squad), QB Brian Hoyer (From PS), release RB Beanie Wells

The Following Players have returned from Suspension after serving time under NFL-IA rules:

TE Joel Dreesen (DEN) -- had his job taken by Julius Thomas, will now play second fiddle
DE/OLB Bruce Irvin (SEA)

The following key players are returning from Injury

Robert Griffin III (WAS QB)
Joe Staley (SF LT)
Matt Forte (CHI RB)
CJ Spiller (BUF RB)
Mike Iupati (SF OL)
M. Pouncey (MIA C)
Evan Mathis (PHI OL)
Reggie Wayne (IND OL)
Chandler Jones (NE DE)
Chris Long (STL DE)
Jake Long (STL OL)
Russell Okung (SEA OL)
Ryan Clarke (PIT FS)
Duane Brown (HOU OL)
Terrance Newman (CIN CB)
Darren Mcfadden (OAK RB)

Future-Forward Browns no match for 4-1 Lions, crushed 33-10
3 1st quarter fumbles, 2 Hoyer Pick-sixes spell early end for Browns; Pettigrew dominates with 11 grabs

TE Brandon Pettigrew dominates with 11 catches in Detroit's 33-10 win

Much has been said about what the Browns will and won't be this year, following their unprecedented trade of RB Trent Richardson before Sunday. Many voices could be heard saying that the (then) 3-2 Browns were mortgaging their chance to win-now in order to get a QB of the future. To end all of that blabber, the Browns needed an unexpected win against the media-darling 5-1 Lions. It wouldn't happen. It wouldn't even come close.

Truth be told, even pre-Trent Richardson injury/trade, the Cleveland Browns were a poor match for the surging Lions. After that deal, and the veritable master-minding of the roster by Michael Lombardi (evidenced by the starting of Brian Hoyer) the Cleveland Browns must have been a solid 30 point underdogs in most of the local betting shops.

Hoyer did not play great, as he accounted for 2 pick sixes throughout the run of the game. But the Cleveland native was also victimized by several drops and an unthinkable 3 fumbles in the first quarter. In fact, the Browns had forced Stafford to an early 3-0 and marched down the field with newly signed Sabre tooth, Willis McGahee, who gashed the Lions for 27 yards on 4 carries with his hard charging style. That is, until Bobby Rainey spelled McGahee, and promptly fumbled the ball away in Detroit territory. After that, Stafford found his proverbial feet and laced pass after pass to the insides of the Cleveland zone defense, leading to a Brandon Pettigrew score, and a 7-0 lead.

After that, the Browns would fumble away the ensuing kick-return after the ball was popped out of the hands of Travis Benjamin. The Cleveland defence would hold, after a Paul Kruger sack, but the Lions were still up 10 due to 2 turnovers.

Hoyer has a rough day, including 2 pick sixes.

Oddly enough, Brian Hoyer did not throw his first pass until there were just 40 seconds left in the quarter, and when he did, he hit Davone Bess in stride on a solid throw, but Bess would fumble the ball away too, on a solid hit. 3 fumbles in what seemed like 3 plays (But it wasn't QUITE that bad).

Later, with the Lions marching, WR Michael Spurlock would drop a catchable 3rd and 10 and force the Lions to take a 13-0 lead by an Akers field goal. That lead would rise to 16-0 after the Browns offense continued to stall.

Then, after a series of 5 Hoyer completions in a row (3 of which went to maligned WR Greg Little, who seems to be building a rapport with Hoyer), the Browns were held from 3rd and goal at the Lions' 1 and decided to go for it. They handed the rock to Brad Smelley but were stuffed. And, with amazing efficiency, the Lions offense then marched 96 yards in a two-minute drill to take another field goal and a 19-0 lead at halftime.

Soon after the start of the half, Brian Hoyer would toss his first pick 6 to De'andre Levy, allowing Cleveland fans to shuffle home early, with a 26-0 scoreline. A quarter later, and Hoyer tosses another poor ball to Jonte Green for his second pick 6 and a 33-0 scoreline.

Near the end, the Browns came on, notching a field-goal as well as a 6 yard toss for a score from Hoyer to TE waiver-claim Fendi Onobun, but other than that it was ugly.

Ugly enough for the media to sound like it knows what it's talking about regarding the Browns and tanking. Word is the Browns will stick with Hoyer for another contest, but if it's that bad again versus Green Bay, we could see... JAMARCUS RUSSELL... I know, I know, I'm excited too...not.

Bad day for Browns fans. Luckily the Colts also lost with T-rich still rehabing. Goodness their run-game looks bad. Surely, they'll want him in the lineup asap. I'm told he's a few weeks out though.

Quick Hits:

Pettigrew was player of the game with 11 grabs for 101 yards and a TD

• Matt Stafford Started slow with two ugly 3-and-outs, but he eventually ate up the Cleveland defense with underneath routes all day long and posted 68% completion on 38 throws.

• Brian Hoyer had a rough first day at the office. The Cleveland native went 21/39 for 256 yards a touchdown and 2 INTs. He had some nice throws, and looks like he certainly could find a rhythm. The Problem was that his two picks were both pick sixes, suggesting that he must make better decisions if he doesn't want Jamarcus Russell to take his job.

• Brandon Pettigrew was the player of the game today, finding a chemistry with Stafford that was absolutely essential for the Lions victory. Pettigrew had 11 catches for 101 yards and a TD, with 9 grabs coming in the first half and 7 in the first quarter. He was the reason the inside game was so successful for the Lions, and if he can continue with that kind of play, he may yet prove to be special.

• Willis McGahee showed the ability to battle, breaking several tackles in a strong 13 carry 64 yard debut for the Browns. His 4.9 yards per carry isn't bad for an 11 year pro who just came off the Bench. It seems like he still has the heart.

• Phil Taylor will miss 4 weeks at DT for Cleveland after an upper body injury.

• Browns 1st round rookie OLB Barkevious Mingo got his first start as a pro...and promptly recorded no stats in over 60 snaps. Not a single one. The fact that Mingo was shut down all day by Riley Reiff must concern the Cleveland coaching staff.

• Reggie Bush looked fine returning from his injury, posting 65 yards on 14 carries and his usual burst.

• Five turnovers in the form of 3 fumbles and 2 pick-sixes will make sure you won't have a chance to win. That's what happened to the Browns today, and that's what can't happen against the Packers next week.

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

The Bucs ran this ad when they drafted Glennon, now that they're starting him, they have to hope that Cannon comes to play

"Freeman in Chains" -- After Josh Freeman threw another 3-interception game in a loss to (equally maligned) Michael Vick and the Eagles, falling to 1-4 on the year, Bucs coach Greg Schiano stated that the team would bench Freeman and allow rookie QB Mike Glennon to take the reigns. This was a development that many saw as a possibility, and now, after 4 losses and a mediocre statline week-by-week from Freeman, and the move is done. It figures to be the last time we see Freeman as a Buc, given that it is his contract year and there is literally no chance he will be re-signed now. Schiano added "Well, you're looking for a spark, and sometimes this is the way. I took my time in the decision, and I think I need to make a change. He (Freeman) knows he has not played up to par, and that's how it is in this business."

"Weeded out"- After failing to find a trade partner for Brandon Weeden (our sources say the Browns called everyone from the Saints to the Bengals and none had interest) the Browns staff has outright released the former 22nd overall pick. Having just traded Trent Richardson, the Browns are making a clear push toward their future, and that trend continues as The Browns later announced the signing of never-has-been prospect Jimmy Clausen, meaning that Weeden was percieved as such an ill-fit for the Browns that they opted to replace him with youth. With Chad Henne, Jason Campbell and others still available, how long until Weeden finds work? Who knows. [UPDATE: Weeden claimed off waivers by 1-5 Titans]

Kenny Britt Dealt to Lions; Titans claim Weeden off Waivers

Kenny Britt, captured as he recieves call about trade to Detroit

BREAKING NEWS [UPDATE]

"Titans trade Britt to Lions; Claim Weeden"- A bomb has just been dropped in Tennessee. We're hearing reports that the ever-active Bud Adams is at again, as the Titans fell to 1-5 this past week. Adams evidently commissioned two rather intriguing moves at 2:11 AM this morning, on the eve of their 26-7 loss to the Seahawks, their 5th loss in a row since a week 1 win. That bomb shell was the long-suspected trade of disgruntled WR Kenny Britt, who has just been traded to the Detroit Lions in exchange for a 6th round pick in next year's draft and runningback Mikel Leshoure. The Trade rids the Titans of a long-time locker-room headache, who was so maligned by coaching staffs that he failed to catch a single pass after returning from injury in week 3. For the Lions, it is believed that William Ford hopes that Britt will finally be that number 2 serious-threat beside Calvin Johnson that the team has been searching for for years.

The Titans weren't done there however, as they quickly announced that they had been awarded ex-Cleveland QB Brandon Weeden off of Waivers. This is an interesting move for a team that has been unable to gain any traction at the QB position, going back and forth between Locker and Fitzpatrick with no success. Of course, it is not believed that Weeden will see the field anytime soon, with the Titans looking to see what Locker can do while Weeden learns the playbook. However, if all hope is lost by week 12, we might see something change... Or will it even take that long?

Twitter erupted with the move in favour of Detroit,

@LionsBabyYeah1: "Yes, we going to the top, my Lions trading for Britt-- boy is straight beast, can't wait! Championship!

Titans Teammate Justin Hunter, who stands to gain reps from the move:

@JustHuntin: "Ey, dats how dis goes, ups to my man Kenny headin' where he'll be used. Let's get at it guys, turnaround comin #TITANSUP

with one Tweet from Britt himself among them:

@KennyBritt: Want to thank Titans for working wit me, happy to go to Detroit and make somethin' special.

And a final word from Stephen A Smith of ESPN first-take fame:

@StephenASmith: I'm no Britt lover, but the Lions are 5-1 in a division with no competition this year (all teams in NFC North w/ 1 win so far). This is a big move. We'll see if KB can be that bonafide man to pull those doubles off Megatron-- Is Kenny Britt the Starscream to Calvin's Megatron?

Case Keenum is the AFC South's most efficient QB. Could he hold the job when Schaub returns?

"You Got it Kid"-- The Texans have had an up and down year due to injuries, so it must come with a sigh of relief to Texans fans to hear that young QB Case Keenum (who got the start due to an injured Schaub and ineffective Yates) can sling the rock. Keenum posted a 100.6 rating with two touchdowns in a 41-10 wasting of the St.Louis Rams. Keenum has the best QB rating of any QB in his division (Including Schaub) with a 125.4 including 4 touchdowns to 0 INTs. If he keeps playing this well, Schaub may stay on the Bench by the time he's healthy to play.

" Started from the Bottom..."-- Brandon Lloyd was sitting on his couch in week 1 of the season, but got a call from Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens after a rash of injuries. After 1 week of playbook study, Lloyd entered the lineup and has been an absolute force since then. Leading the league with 600 yards WR. And he started late! Torrey Smith returns in a week, but he may not return to the #1 spot now that Lloyd has slowly worked his way into it and excelled over the course of 4 weeks.

"Dead Heat" -- The AFC North is one of the most intriguing divisions to watch, given that all of its teams share the same record (well almost). Currently, the division stands as such:

Steelers: 3-2-0
Browns: 3-3-0
Bengals: 3-3-0
Ravens: 3-3-0

The Steelers had an early bye, and that's the only reason it isn't a dead-heat the whole way around.

STAY TUNED NEXT WEEK FOR PACKERS AT BROWNS
which will feature an injured 1-4 Green Bay with an underperforming Rodgers versus a 3-3 Browns team looking for a comeback win
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts

Last edited by Desalbert; 09-25-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #77
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

((Wow, I feel slightly prophetic. Just the night before, I announced that Glennon would start for the Bucs after they went 1-4 with 3 freeman picks versus the Eagles. I wake up this morning to find out that Freeman is benched in real-life and Glennon will start against Arizona. Hilariously, I worried I was jumping the gun as the Bucs, but evidently, 3 losses would be enough))

EDIT: There are rumours about a possible Freeman trade. I ask you, would you rather see Freeman traded or benched and (likely) released to start the off-season in the Dynasty?
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts

Last edited by Desalbert; 09-25-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #78
MVP

Assassin's Arena

I'd say if u can get a good deal I'd try to trade Freeman and get something before he walks

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #79
Rookie

Desalbert's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
I'd say if u can get a good deal I'd try to trade Freeman and get something before he walks

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk 4
Okay, what team do you think might have an interest-- I would say Titans but they already have Locker and just claimed Weeden from me.

Jags will sooner go with Tebow than Freeman

I'm looking towards the draft as Cleveland

Possibly Oakland? Pryor finally had a good game... but is inconsistent. Maybe Ari to back up Palmer? Jets maybe? But my gut says thats unrealistic... Tough to think of where he could land. I'd say Houston, with Scaub's injury (if it were more serious, certainly) but keenum is ballin' so far. Maybe Minnesota?

Any thoughts welcome.

Preliminary Trade scouting reveals only the Cardinals are a "Green" on Freeman, suggesting high interest. I think it's a possible idea to think they might acquire him for a 3rd rounder and a player, say. I think it's feasible, as Palmer is old and has the Cards at 2-4 on the outside looking in with a 60.4 QB rating. Maybe he starts a few more games then they turn to Freeman once he's 'digested the playbook'?

Secondarily, the Chargers are sitting pretty at 5-1, but it's not due to Phillip Rivers who has 4 TDs to 9 Interceptions. Would it be possible for the Chargers to give up a 3 for Freeman, sign him to a longer term deal, and sit him behind Rivers for a year or so? Rivers is older, and its clear he's faulty, and if he keeps faulting, maybe even after this year the terminate him?

At any rate, the two scenarios I'm considering are Freeman to the Cards and Freeman to the Chargers. The Bucs will also be signing a third QB just incase they pull this trade. Another big arm guy, maybe Campbell, will see who tops their list.
Houston Rockets
Buffalo Sabres
Army

TBFL Colts

Last edited by Desalbert; 09-25-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #80
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

How about Broncos or Patriots? I know that a lot of people are having Manning and Brady retire( I had Brady retire), Freeman could be their QB of the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »