Home

Restoring Tradition: A Browns Chise (M12+25 Roster)

This is a discussion on Restoring Tradition: A Browns Chise (M12+25 Roster) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #9
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Restoring Tradition: A Browns Chise (M12+25 Roster)

You may now post. Thanks for reading.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #10
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

2012-2013 in Review

---In July 2012, owner Randy Lerner announced that he planned to sell the Browns to businessman Jimmy Haslam. The sale was finalized on August 2, 2012 in excess of $1 Billion (USD). Haslam officially was approved as the new owner on October 16, 2012 at the NFL owners' meetings, and the very next day former Eagles president Joe Banner was named as the Browns new CEO.

---The Browns began the 2012 season by losing their first five games. Having lost their last six games to end the 2011 season, this marked an eleven-game losing streak, tied for the longest in team history with the 1974–75 teams. On October 12, the Browns defeated the Bengals 34–24 in Cleveland, behind 2 TD passes from rookie QB Brandon Weeden (on his 29th birthday) to end the streak.

---On December 31, 2012, head coach Pat Shurmur and general manager Tom Heckert were fired. Shurmur went 9–23 in his two seasons as head coach. After interviewing numerous candidates such as Chip Kelly and Ken Whisenhunt, the Browns decided to hire former offensive coordinator and tight ends coach, Rob Chudzinski, on January 10, 2013.

---On January 15, 2013, Haslam and Banner announced that the naming rights to Cleveland Browns Stadium were sold to FirstEnergy, and the stadium would be renamed FirstEnergy Stadium. The name change officially received Cleveland City Council approval on February 15, 2013.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 12-16-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:33 AM   #11
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Browns Sold to New Ownership

Cleveland, Ohio---A year after Jimmy Haslam bought the Cleveland Browns franchise from previous owner Randy Lerner, the team is being sold again. Sources close to the team have indicated that the NFL has sold the team after it being in limbo all off-season. As you may know, Haslam was indicted on fraud and tax evasion charges after investigators determined that Haslam had been withholding tax information from the IRS regarding his Flying J enterprise. The NFL has sold the team to North Carolina native Peoples Champ. Champ is a college student who plays Madden in his spare time and loves to watch his Green Bay Packers, for which he partly owns as well. He hit the lottery last month and then proclaimed his was going to buy the Browns. "Goodell, if you are reading this, I would like to put in a bid for the Browns", Champ said in the local Wisconsin newspaper. The NFL owners tried to sell him the Jaguars instead, but Champ said there was no way that he'd own that "car wreck of a franchise". ESPN is expected to have Champ in studio soon to interview him about being the new owner and his expectations for the franchise going forward.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 12-16-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Tony Kornheiser: Welcome to another edition of Pardon the Interruption. I am your host, Tony Kornheiser and as always my partner in crime across from me is Michael Wilbon. We start off today with the sale of the Cleveland Browns. The Browns sold yesterday to a lottery winner by the name of Peoples Champ. As you may have heard, former owner Jimmy Haslam has been in legal trouble as of late and was forced to sell. Is this good for the franchise?

Michael Wilbon: I wouldn't say it is good at this time, but hey.....it's the Browns. It can't get much worse for them right now. We are talking about a team that has had one playoff appearance since they came back in 1999. I don't know.

Tony Kornheiser: Well, while you don't know I believe this is what this franchise really needs.

Michael Wilbon: Oh really?

Tony Kornheiser: Yeah. This franchise needs a young, enthusiastic owner that cares more about the team than just selling tickets. This franchise needs a postseason win under their belt more than I think......any other team in the NFL. You could say the Bills, but they are in Toronto half the time.

DING!

Michael Wilbon: And with that we introduce our guest today, doing his first interview.........part owner of the Green Bay Packers and full owner of the Browns, Peoples Champ!

Peoples Champ: Thanks for having me but I have to say, former part owner of the Packers. Former.

Tony Kornheiser: So the NFL made you sell that one piece of stock you had in the team, huh?

Peoples Champ: Yeah, they said I wasn't allowed to own two teams at the same time. So I sold my share back to the Packer's organization and made a quick $250 off of it. Taking my wife out to dinner tonight.

Michael Wilbon: Champ, I guess the first thing we have to ask is, how does it feel to be owner of the Cleveland Browns?

Peoples Champ: Feels great. Like the Packers, the Browns franchise has a great history in the NFL along with one of the greater fan bases in my opinion. I also believe that this team is on the upswing, so I am very excited for this upcoming season.

Tony Kornheiser: Is there any talk of shaking things up in the front office since you are now the owner?

Peoples Champ: Not really. I have talked to Rob Chudzinski and he is going to stay on as head coach of this football team. I am excited to have Rob here. I think he did great things with Cam Newton down in Carolina the past two seasons, helping Cam on his way to becoming Rookie of the Year. I think that with his guidance we can have a lethal offensive attack and start putting some points on the board.

Michael Wilbon: What about the role of GM? Are you going to be an active owner or are you satisfied with Michael Lombardi?

Peoples Champ: Good question. I actually talked with Michael over dinner last night and I informed him that while he will stay on as Vice President of Player Personel, I was going to control the aspect of General Manager from this point forward.

Tony Kornheiser: So basically you are going to control the team’s salary cap, free agents, drafting?

Peoples Champ: Yeah, kind of what Jerry Jones is doing in Dallas. Except better.

DING!

Michael Wilbon: Well, Peoples Champ......thank you for being with us today, and good luck in this coming season.

Peoples Champ: Michael, Tony........it's been fun. Thank you for having me.

Michael Wilbon: Peoples Champ everyone. The new owner of the Cleveland Browns.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #13
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

BREAKING NEWS: Trent Richardson Traded to Colts

Cleveland, Ohio---A year after Trent Richardson was drafted number three by the Browns, it appears that experiment is over. Brown's owner Peoples Champ announced today that the Browns have traded Richardson to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for the Colt's 1st round and 4th round pick in next year's draft.

Peoples Champ-"We would like to thank Trent Richardson for his contributions to the Browns organization. At this time, with the new coaching staff and the type of offense we are going to run, Trent just wasn't a fit for us."

How can the number one running back in the draft last year not fit into anyone's offense? It seems like the Browns are just giving up on the season before it even begins. In the meantime, the Browns signed free agent running back Willis McGahee to a one year deal worth 710K.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 12-16-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #14
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Old 12-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #15
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

BREAKING DOWN PRESEASON POSITION BATTLES

----As the 2013-2014 NFL season approaches, General Managers and coaching staffs are trying to figure out what players will deserve a roster spot and which players are going to be the starters of their franchise. The Cleveland Browns are no exception. New owner Peoples Champ and head coach Rob Chudzinski have a few position battles and storylines that will play out this preseason. We are going to go through the top five.

1) Who is the starting quarterback?

Peoples Champ has already said that Brandon Weeden is not a lock at starting quarterback on the Browns. In the off-season, veteran and former first round pick Jason Campbell along with Brian Hoyer were signed for insurance policies. Cambell has won some games in the past, but at this point he doesn't have much left in the tank. Hoyer has very limited experience but could be a reliable emergency quarterback. Expect Weeden to be the starter come opening day.

2) Who is the starting halfback?

With last years first round pick Trent Richardson in Indianapolis now, the position of halfback has become a preseason battle. Veteran back Willis McGahee was signed a few weeks ago but given his age and the fact that he is coming off of an injury, we have to question how effective he is going to be. Two year pro Dion Lewis could take the role as the starter but he has strength issues along with issues holding on to the football. Fozzy Whittaker is expected to be on special teams.

3) Who is lining up along with Josh Gordon?

Josh Gordon has cemented the role as starter for the receiving core, but the second receiver position is still up for grabs as Davone Bess, Armanti Edwards, and Greg Little battle it out. Bess is the favorite to win the spot, but we have to consider the fact that the Panthers admitted that Edwards was making strides in training camp before Carolina was forced to cut him to make roster space. Greg Little is a talented receiver, but he has baggage that goes along with him.

4) Who is the starter at Right Outside Linebacker?

Two year pro Jabaal Sheard is slated as the starter on the team depth chart for now, but the Browns drafted Barkevious Mingo with the sixth overall pick for a reason. Sheard is going to have a tough battle on his hands, as first round picks are expected to be on the field opening day.

5) Will the Browns bring in another punter?

The Browns signed Spencer Lanning to assume the punting responsibilities but he has been lackluster so far this training camp. There are whispers that the Browns will bring in another punter to challenge Lanning for the job.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 12-16-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #16
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Preseason Week One (Simulated)

Green Bay Packers at Cleveland Browns
Aug 8, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Green Bay Packers (0-0)0147829
Cleveland Browns (0-0)3143626
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGGNBCLE
11:17(CLE) Billy Cundiff 36 yd FG03
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGGNBCLE
14:18(GNB) Jordy Nelson 16 yd pass from Aaron Rodgers (XP Good)73
10:32(CLE) Josh Gordon 28 yd pass from Brandon Weeden (XP Good)710
6:51(GNB) Eddie Lacy 44 yd run (XP Good)1410
2:13(CLE) Greg Little 29 yard pass from Brandon Weeden (XP Good)1417
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGGNBCLE
10:59(CLE) Billy Cundiff 19 yd FG1420
4:04(GNB) Jarrett Boykin 6 yd pass from Matt Flynn (XP Good)2120
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGGNBCLE
12:57(CLE) Travis Benjamin 6 yd pass from Jason Campbell (2-PT Failed)2126
9:37(GNB) Eddie Lacy 33 yd run (2-PT Good)2926
Green Bay Packers
Cleveland Browns

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 12-16-2013 at 10:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »