Home

We need a miracle... A Music City Miracle (Titans 15 CCM)

This is a discussion on We need a miracle... A Music City Miracle (Titans 15 CCM) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 09:06 AM   #9
MVP

Adam14's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: We need a miracle... A Music City Miracle (Titans 15 CCM)

Whitehurst Throws 3 INTs, Still Remains #2
Charlie Whitehurst, in his attempt to regain the back up quarterback position struggled to help his case. Whitehurst threw three interceptions in the second quarter and gave up a sack with eleven seconds remaining on the goal line in which the Titans could of kicked a field goal to tie the game. Zach Mettenberger only played a single drive, looked impressive before leaving the game with chest pains following a 2-yard quarterback keeper touchdown score. He's expected to play next week against Minnesota. Jake Locker looked solid in the first quarter play proving his starting worth.

Green Struggles Once Again
Running back Shonn Greene once again struggled to get solid yards all game. Greene finished the game with nine carries for a measly 20 yards. The poor outing of Greene has fans asking to see more of LaMichael James and Leon Washington. Head coach Ken Whisenhunt said that all four [including Bishop Sankey] would see a quarter of playing time in the final game with Washington getting the nod to start.

Final Round of Cuts
The final round of cuts is scheduled to be announced following the Vikings game.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #10
MVP

Adam14's Arena

So, going into the final preseason game which I'm about to play, I genuinely have no idea who I'm going to start at running back. I think it's going to be a rough season for the run game...

Old 08-30-2014, 12:48 PM   #11
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Preseason Review - Tennessee Titans

Final Round of Cuts
The Titans announced their final round of cuts to get their roster to 53 players. First named were receivers Brian Robiskie and Derek Hagan. Both veterans played well in the preseason, but were overshadowed by young Michael Preston to earn the fifth spot on the depth chart. Next was defensive end Al Woods. Woods, 27, came in as the sixth defensive end on the roster and was released. Next was linebacker Patrick Bailey who did not perform as expected through the four games. Fifth was cornerback Tommie Campbell. Campbell and Khalid Wooten both fought hard for the final cornerback spot, but Wooten had an exceptional preseason and was given the spot. Finally the Titans informed running back Shonn Greene that he would be released. Greene was fighting for the starting spot in the backfield for Tennessee and struggled through three games [sitting out one]. He lacked the burst and could not seem to get off tackles. His YPC of 2.5 was the worst of four running backs on the roster.

Key Starters Announced
It was already previously stated that Jake Locker would get the starting spot. Zach Mettenberger impressed enough to be placed as the number two. At running back, Leon Washington was announced as the starter with rookie Bishop Sankey the backup and LaMichael James third. Also up for grabs was the starter right tackle spot. Rookie Taylor Lewan did not disappoint these last two weeks and was awarded the spot. Michael Oher will back up both Lewan and Michael Roos. The full depth chart can be seen below [see next post].

Adams IV Announces New Stadiums
It had been speculated for weeks that new owner Kenneth Adams IV would look into upgrading the Titans stadium. That being said, it comes as no surprise that Adams IV announced this week that groundbreaking would begin soon across the street from the current stadium for their new one. Details were not complete at this time, but was announced that within the month of September, full details would be released.

Record | 2-2
Biggest Surprise | WR Dexter McCluster | 26 Receptions, 530 Yards, 3 TD
Biggest Disappointment | HB Shonn Greene | 24 Carries, 60 Yards

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #12
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Tennessee Titans Depth Chart - 2014
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRKendall WrightJustin HunterMichael Preston
TEDelanie WalkerCraig StevensTaylor Thompson
LTMichael RoosJeff Adams
LGAndy LevitreChris Spencer
CBrian SchwenkeTyler Horn
RGChance WarmackEric Olsen
RTTaylor LewanMichael Oher
WRNate WashingtonDexter McCluster
QBJake LockerZach MettenbergerCharlie Whitehurst
FBCollin Mooney
HBLeon WashingtonBishop SankeyLaMichael James
Base 3-4 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEDerrick MorganRopati PitoituaDaQuan Jones
NTJurrell CaseySammie HillAntonio Johnson
RDEKarl KlugMike Martin
LOLBAkeem AyersZaviar Gooden
LILBWesley WoodyardZach Brown
RILBColin McCarthyAvery Williamson
ROLBDesmond BishopKamerion WimbleyShaun Phillips
CBJason McCourtyBlidi Wreh-WilsonKhalid Wooten
SSBernard PollardGeorge Wilson
FSMichael GriffinDaimion Stafford
CBBrandon FlowersCoty Sensabaugh
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KMaikon Bonani
PBrett Kern

Old 08-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #13
Rookie

CaziusCray's Arena

OVR: 0

Starting Washington over Sankey, huh? I actually cut Washington in my CF lol
Old 08-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #14
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaziusCray
Starting Washington over Sankey, huh? I actually cut Washington in my CF lol
To be honest, he just played better in the preseason. I like Sankey and I think I'll use him down the road, but I just picked the guy that played better in the preseason.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #15
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Titans Shock Chiefs in Arrowhead
September 7 2014

The Tennessee Titans walked into Arrowhead Stadium and stunned the Kansas City Chiefs today with a 26-17 victory. The game was tight throughout with each team answering each other's score through the entire first half. The Titans got on the board first with a Leon Washington four-yard run. Alex Smith and the Chiefs offense would respond, due in part to Jamaal Charles who finished with 115 yards on the ground. Smith would end the drive on a seven-yard strike to Dwayne Bowe, making the game 7-7 at the end of the first quarter.

Smith would get a chance to take the lead following a Jake Locker interception and did not disappoint. Less than a minute after the turnover Smith threw his second score of the game and the Chiefs were up 14-7. Locker would recover and march down the field again with Leon Washington finishing the drive on a two-yard run. The teams would trade field goals making the game 17-all at halftime.

In the second half, the Titans defense stepped up slowing Charles down and causing a total of six sacks of Alex Smith. With just under two minutes remaining in the quarter, Maikon Bonani kicked his second field goal of the game. On the ensuing kick off Cyrus Gray would fumble the ball and Tennessee would recover. Following a three-and-out, Bonani kicked another field goal to give the Titans a slim six point advantage entering the final period. Smith and the Chiefs would cross midfield three times in the final period, but each drive would stall and they would either be forced to punt or turn the ball over on downs. Bonani would add a third field goal with 1:40 left in the game to put the game out of reach for the Chiefs.

Game Ball | LB Akeem Ayers. Ayers finished the game with six tackles and two sacks in the victory.

Tennessee Titans at Kansas City Chiefs
Sep 7, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Tennessee Titans (0-0)7106326
Kansas City Chiefs (0-0)7100017
Team Stats Comparison
TENKAN
Total Offense329176
Rushing Yards57118
Passing Yards27258
First Downs209
Punt Return Yards3010
Kick Return Yards2585
Total Yards384271
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion9-163-11
4th Down Conversion0-10-2
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/42/0
Penalties2-100-0
Posession Time23:4020:20
Tennessee Titans
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Jake Locker24/4228101
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Leon Washington24592.42
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Kendall Wright1012712.70
Kansas City Chiefs
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Alex Smith16/2010120
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jamaal Charles171156.70
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Dwayne Bowe4256.21

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #16
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Hoping you won't need a miracle. I'm following

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »