Home

A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #457

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeifere1
I love this layout with how simple and informative it is, plus the ESPN look is a killer! You've made me dust off my copy and start up my own dynasty. Excellent stuff on here!
Thank you for the kind words my friend! I have always liked to use an ESPN layout as a template and then generate my own style off of it. I find it to be a very clean look.

It is always exciting to hear when then you inspire others. NCAA '12 is definitely my favorite football (maybe even game) of all time. Hope you enjoy and I would love to read some of your work if you decide to report on it! Thanks again for checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
I really like how you have articles about other teams and their dilemmas. Definitely adds a more universal college atmosphere.

Hoping my boy Dabo Swinney ends up at Michigan. Is Brady Hoke still there?
Thanks man! I really get deeply immersed in my projects and this one more so than any others. I can easily say this my favorite dynasty reporting project ever. I actually track and record way more stats and happenings around the NCAA than I report on, so I always encourage readers to ask about their teams and anything else they might be interested in. I definitely try to add in some information (like the Swinney article) from time to to time to continue to add to the immersion for the readers and myself.

As for Swinney...I would be really surprised if he survives another season at Clemson especially if they miss out on the postseason. I doubt Michigan will make a coaching move at this point though. Brady Hoke is still at Michigan. They went 8-5 (Loss to Auburn in the Gator Bowl) in 2011 and then 10-3 in 2012 (Beat Miss St in the Gator Bowl). They are currently 5-2 and #16 in the polls so I think Hoke will get a few more seasons. That being said, Ohio State has won the Big10 the past two seasons so I think there have to be at least rumblings in Ann Arbor. In case you were curious, along with Hoke, Al Borges is still the offensive coordinator and Greg Mattison is the defensive coordinator. It will be curious to see what the next couple seasons hold for Big Blue. If you ever want to know anything else always feel free to let me know man! Thank you for the great feedback and getting into the dynasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Caught up on this entire dynasty over the last two days. Amazing presentation to it, I'll be stealing a few ideas (not many as I am not even on the amatuer spectrum of HTML).

Love the updates about other programs, I may tie that into mine. As a rookie to documenting my Sonoma State dynasty I look to you vets for guidance lol.

I'm glad to see you have had decent success. The program is building at a very reasonable pace, especially with the roster being what it is. I see 10 win seasons within the next few years if you stick in the MAC. The competition there gives you a strong chance to keep building a winning tradition.

Sad to see my Boise State boys fall out of the top 25!...but we saw it coming when we lost kellen
Wow! I appreciate the dedication in reading through this project of mine. I am very glad that you are enjoying it. As I was saying earlier, this is hands down my favorite project I have ever run and I never see it ending. Please feel free to use any ideas for your own inspirations. If you ever need any help with HTML always feel free to let me know although, I can't promise I will always know the answer. I am very much a toddler with it.

I really love becoming completely immersed in my dynasty which I think is what leads to me tracking all the happenings around the NCAA and reporting on them from time to time. It is amazing the number of storylines that naturally develop. I have another coaching spotlight around the league, I may do a piece on later.

We are slowly coming together as a program. We have been lucky to be in the weaker half of the MAC conference, which has certainly helped us at times. I am still waiting for the day we beat a team from a power conference but that will come with time. In the future, we may look to move to a bigger conference but that is still quite a ways away.

Boise State has struggled a bit after their National Championship run in 2011. As I am sure you read, they won it all in 2011 topping Wisconsin in the National Championship game. In 2012, they finished 9-4 (lost to Georgia Tech in the Independence Bowl). They are currently unranked but I think they will have a decent chance at making a conference championship run. Fresno State won the MWC in 2012. Head coach Chris Peterson is still considered untouchable ever since winning it all so I expect he will be getting a big contract extension here soon as well. As I was telling Dave, if there is ever anything you want to know about the dynasty or teams you are interested in, always feel free to ask! Thanks again for your kind words and following along. I hope you continue to check in and continue with your own work! If there is ever anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to drop me a note!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 12-24-2015, 02:49 PM   #458
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

OVR: 0

Bowl elligibility? Check. Now get the MAC division title.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:47 AM   #459
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

That first win against a power 5 will be bitter sweet. It's a great sign of progress, but once you beat a couple they won't schedule those "pay for play" games with you anymore (in real life, of course)... because you're too dangerous at that point! So no more extra income for the school.

Once I start getting competitive with the power 5 I usually switch to playing a season opener against them at a neutral location. I.E. I'll schedule A&M in the Cowboys Kickoff. Thats my only game against a power 5 while while I'm a mid major, and I go with the storyline that they avoid me. Somewhat of a Boise State approach lol
Old 12-25-2015, 09:23 AM   #460

Cheese2121's Arena

Year 3 (2013), Week 9, Around the NCAA

1. Wisconsin (7-0)----2. Ohio State (7-0)----3. Iowa (7-0)----4. UCF (7-0)----5. Oregon (6-1)----6. Alabama (6-1)----7. Texas (7-1)----8. Georgia (5-2)----9. TCU (6-2)----10. Virginia Tech (5-2)----11. Tennessee (6-2)----12. Penn State (5-2)----13. Auburn (7-1)----14. Stanford (5-2)----15. Florida (6-2)----16. Michigan (5-2)----17. Michigan State (6-2)----18. LSU (5-3)----19. Washington (6-1)----20. Kansas State (6-1)----21. South Carolina (5-2)----22. USC (6-2)----23. Troy (6-1)----24. Boston College (6-2)----25. Maryland (5-2)
MAC West
Name W L CW CL
Eastern Michigan 6 2 4 0
Toledo 6 2 3 1
Ball State 4 4 3 2
Northern Illinois 2 5 2 2
Central Michigan 2 5 1 2
Western Michigan 0 8 0 4
MAC East
Miami (OH) 6 2 3 1
Ohio 4 4 3 1
Bowling Green 4 4 2 2
Buffalo 2 5 2 2
Temple 1 6 1 2
Kent State 2 5 13
Akron 1 6 03
NCAA News
Longhorn Pride: #9 Texas Controls the Big12 After Topping #6 TCU 41-38
Upset Special: Vanderbilt Tops Heavily Favored #12 South Carolina 31-21
Roll Tide: #8 Alabama Squeaks by #7 Tennessee 37-34
Tech Tech VPI: Hokies Take Care of Business Downing #19 Boston College 31-21
Still Perfect: #2 Ohio State Wins Again Defeating Purdue 48-28
Close But No Cigar: #3 Hawkeyes Hold Off Illinois 23-17
Minnesota 13 --- #20 Michigan 20

Purdue 28 --- #2 Ohio State 48

#16 Stanford 42 --- Oregon State 32

Nebraska 12 --- #14 Penn State 37

#15 Auburn 44 --- Kentucky 27

Cal 32 --- #5 Oregon 44

#3 Iowa 23 --- Illinois 17

Indiana 13 --- #21 Michigan State 34

#9 Texas 41 --- #6 TCU 38

Vanderbilt 31 --- #12 South Carolina 21

Arizona 21 --- #23 Washington 47

Kansas State 45 --- #17 Oklahoma 28

#11 USC 24 --- Notre Dame 41

#19 Boston College 21 --- #13 Virginia Tech 31

FAU 24 --- #24 Troy 42

Mississippi State 13 --- #22 LSU 29

#7 Tennessee 34 --- #8 Alabama 37

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 12-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #461

Cheese2121's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Dragon
Bowl elligibility? Check. Now get the MAC division title.
Definitely setting our sights now on getting back into the conference championship game. Our two biggest competitors are definitely Toledo and Northern Illinois. Those two matchups are probably going to decide the division winner. I am getting excited for the game against the Huskies coming up! Thanks for checking in my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
That first win against a power 5 will be bitter sweet. It's a great sign of progress, but once you beat a couple they won't schedule those "pay for play" games with you anymore (in real life, of course)... because you're too dangerous at that point! So no more extra income for the school.

Once I start getting competitive with the power 5 I usually switch to playing a season opener against them at a neutral location. I.E. I'll schedule A&M in the Cowboys Kickoff. Thats my only game against a power 5 while while I'm a mid major, and I go with the storyline that they avoid me. Somewhat of a Boise State approach lol
A very valid point! I think we are probably still very far away from power conference opponents fearing us. Right now when I schedule my four out of conference games, I try to schedule two "pay for play" games and then two where we are at least a little competitive. I also try to do real life series like agreeing to play a school in a home and home series for so many years. Then we also have our annual matchup against Michigan because I want to build that into a rivalry (right now though that definitely qualifies as a pay for play game lol).

Thank you for the great feedback and insight. I love to see people getting as into the immersion as I do. I know I already mentioned it in the other thread but absolutely love your insight on when to move conferences. I will definitely be incorporating a slightly modified use of those later on in this dynasty. Thanks for following and I hope you continue to check in!

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #462
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
A very valid point! I think we are probably still very far away from power conference opponents fearing us. Right now when I schedule my four out of conference games, I try to schedule two "pay for play" games and then two where we are at least a little competitive. I also try to do real life series like agreeing to play a school in a home and home series for so many years. Then we also have our annual matchup against Michigan because I want to build that into a rivalry (right now though that definitely qualifies as a pay for play game lol).

Thank you for the great feedback and insight. I love to see people getting as into the immersion as I do. I know I already mentioned it in the other thread but absolutely love your insight on when to move conferences. I will definitely be incorporating a slightly modified use of those later on in this dynasty. Thanks for following and I hope you continue to check in!
I do the same thing...2 pay to play and two I have a shot. My only rival now is Fresno State but I hope to build one with Cal and possibly Stanford since they're nearby to my school.

I'm glad you like the rules!I love helping others find some different challenges and obstacles. Can't wait for the next update
Old 12-27-2015, 02:27 PM   #463

Cheese2121's Arena

Year 3 (2013), Week 10, Around the NCAA

1. Ohio State (8-0)----2. Iowa (8-0)----3. UCF (8-0)----4. Oregon (7-1)----5. Wisconsin (7-1)----6. Alabama (7-1)----7. Georgia (6-2)----8. Texas (8-1)----9. TCU (7-2)----10. Stanford (6-2)----11. LSU (6-3)----12. Michigan State (7-2)----13. Michigan (6-2)----14. South Carolina (6-2)----15. Auburn (7-2)----16. Kansas State (7-1)----17. Virginia Tech (5-3)----18. Tennessee (6-3)----19. Florida (6-3)----20. Maryland (6-2)----21. Boston College (6-2)----22. Washington (6-2)----23. Penn State (5-3)----24. Miami (FL) (6-2)----25. Oklahoma (6-3)
MAC West
Name W L CW CL
Eastern Michigan 6 2 4 0
Toledo 7 2 4 1
Northern Illinois 3 5 2 2
Ball State 4 5 3 3
Central Michigan 3 5 2 2
Western Michigan 1 8 1 4
MAC East
Miami (OH) 7 2 4 1
Ohio 4 5 3 2
Buffalo 2 6 2 2
Temple 2 6 2 2
Bowling Green 4 5 2 3
Kent State 2 6 14
Akron 1 7 04
NCAA News
Geaux Tigers: LSU Tops Auburn in Conference Play 20-17
Hokies Shocked: Maryland Tops #10 Virginia Tech 34-20
Flawless: UCF Still Undefeated After 37-7 Win Over UTEP
Key Conference Game: #23 Penn State and #1 Ohio State Prepare to do Battle
Big Game Time: #16 Michigan and #2 Iowa Prepare to Square Off
Easy Does It: Texas Easily Downs Texas Tech 27-6
Indiana 20 --- #16 Michigan 76

#3 Iowa 51 --- Minnesota 7

#23 Troy 21 --- UL Lafayette 38

UTEP 7 --- #4 UCF 37

Texas Tech 6 --- #7 Texas 27

#25 Maryland 34 --- #10 Virginia Tech 20

Oklahoma State 7 --- #20 Kansas State 42

#18 LSU 20 --- #13 Auburn 17

#5 Oregon 41 --- #19 Washington 13

#8 Georgia 34 --- #15 Florida 31 OT

Arizona State 17 --- #6 Alabama 45

#2 Ohio State 27 --- #1 Wisconsin 20

#21 South Carolina 38 --- #11 Tennessee 27

#14 Stanford 42 --- #22 USC 30

Texas A&M 28 --- #9 TCU 55

#17 Michigan State 43 --- Nebraska 30

#12 Penn State 7 --- Illinois 34

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 12-27-2015, 06:30 PM   #464

Cheese2121's Arena

Year 3 (2013), Game 9, Preview

Matchup Preview | November 2, 2013
@
Eastern Michigan Eagles
(6-2, Away)
Northern Illinois Huskies
(3-5, Home)
Season Leaders
T. Benz – 49-104, 691 YDS, 5 TD, 3 INTPassingJ. Lynch – 98-201, 1242 YDS, 10 TD, 9 INT
J. Humphrey – 122 CAR, 748 YDS, 8 TDRushingS. Johnson – 166 CAR, 912 YDS, 7 TD
N. Vaughn – 13 REC, 373 YDS, 4 TDReceivingS. Johnson – 27 REC, 354 YDS, 4 TD
Head Coaching Comparison
Dan ClaytonHead CoachDave Doeren
2Years with Team2
(24-11)Head Coach Record(16-18)
Injury Report
QB Mark Iannotti (72)
Abdominal Tear - Probabale
G Matt Krempel (73)
Broken Ribs - 6 Weeks
OLB Tony Sharp (66)
Bruised Shoulder - Questionable
WR Anthony Johnson (72)
Bruised Shoulder - Probable
QB Tyler Benz (64)
Abdominal Tear - 4 Weeks
WR Troy Dunn (70)
Dislocated Elbow - Doubtful
Roster Matchup
Eastern Michigan Eaglesvs.Northern Illinois Huskies
POSName (yr) - RatingPOSName (yr) - Rating
QBMark Iannotti (rs-so) - 72QBJordan Lynch* (rs-sr) - 82
HBRobert Thomas* (so) - 78HBShontrelle Johnson* (rs-jr) - 90
FBDylan Brooks (jr) - 63FBRicky Connors (rs-jr) - 62
WRNick Vaughn (so) - 75WRAnthony Johnson (rs-sr) - 72
WRNick Olds (rs-sr) - 77WRKeith Perkins (so) - 71
TEJay Phillips (fr) - 68TEChristian Wood (so) - 70
LTOrlando McCord (rs-sr) - 70LTTyler Loos (rs-jr) - 69
LGShawn Sinawe (rs-jr) - 73LGClint Mitchell (so) - 66
CJosh Woods (rs-jr) - 69CAndrew Ness (jr) - 75
RGScott Macleod (rs-sr) - 79RGMatt Battaglia (rs-sr) - 77
RTSean Holley (rs-fr) - 63RTTyler Pitt (rs-jr) - 69
LEDoug Mendoza (so) - 65LEStephen O’Neal (rs-sr) - 78
REWill Stephens (jr) - 61REJoe Windsor (sr) - 74
DTTremayne Smith* (so) - 76DTMason Fuller (rs-so) - 71
DTChris Carey (so) - 62DTZach Anderson (rs-sr) - 67
LOLBDesden Hester (sr) - 62LOLBGreg Barksdale* (sr) - 78
MLBColin Weingrad (sr) - 67MLBJason Meehan (rs-so) - 70
ROLBTony Sharp (rs-fr) - 66ROLBMike Hellams (sr) - 72
CBKelip Goodwin (rs-sr) - 69CBDominique Ware (rs-sr) - 78
CBWes Dunlap (fr) - 63CBSean Evans (rs-sr) - 74
FSSean Cotton (rs-so) - 59FSJimmie Ward (sr) - 82
SSChris Dunlap (rs-so) - 66SSKambrel Garland (jr) - 74
PKLarry Taylor (fr) - 74PKMatthew Sims (sr) - 88
PJay Karutz (sr) - 78PMatthew Sims (sr) - 88

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »