Home

Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18)

This is a discussion on Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #97
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18)

Week 7 Packers (5-0) vs. Minnesota Vikings (3-3)

Scouting Report: Minnesota has gone from a tough team to a legitimate threat over the last season or two. Their 3-3 record heading into Week 7 is a lot less intimidating than the talent on this roster, so we should not take them lightly. Limiting Dalvin Cook (98) is going to be the number one priority in this one, it's that simple.

Injury Report: EJ Price (Out for Season), Taylor Hearn (2 Weeks), Richard Sherman (1 Week)

I could have started Sherman this week, but he would not be 100% and have a risk of reinjury. VH3 & Jack Jones played really well against New York & I feel comfortable keeping them in as Minnesota's main talent lies in the backfield, not the air.

Game Result: 24-38 Loss
Game MVP: Dalvin Cook (38 attempts, 152 yards, 1 TD)
Game Thoughts: Our defense went completely cold in this one as we went down 3-21 at halftime. The Vikings defense was operating pretty well & we finally made some headway in the 3rd on a Najee Harris (19 attempts, 91 yards, 2 TD) 15 yarder in the red zone for a score. We managed to hold them to a FG on their following drive, but that extended their lead to two TD's. From there, they scored every time we did, and the lead was maintained. We recorded zero sacks and zero INT's on the day, ultimately leading to the loss.

Postgame Report: It's rather rare to see our defense go cold & get shut down by an offense, but that's what happened today. I am not going to think too much of it as I know what this defense is capable of & what they have proven to do over the course of time. With 1-6 Philadelphia up next, we can get a nice rebound for confidence.

Week 8 Packers (5-1) vs. Philadelphia Eagles (1-6)

Scouting Report: There is no easy win or cupcake game in the NFL, but this is a game we should be winning 8 or 9 times out of 10. Philadelphia actually is not that bad of a team, they are just rebuilding. They've got some really promising talent behind Ed Oliver (91), Saqoun Barkley (88), and Josey Jewell (88), the rest of the team just isn't there. Fletcher Cox (94) and Brandon Graham (88), combined with Oliver, make up a really scary defensive front, but if we can break that first level with our run game or bounce it to the outside, we will be perfectly fine.

Injury Report: EJ Price (Out for Season), Taylor Hearn (1 Week)

Sherman is back in the mix & Hearn is just one week out from coming back to start at RG.

Game Result: 35-10 Win
Game MVP: Najee Harris (46 attempts, 219 yards, 2 TD)
Game Thoughts: Ladies and gentlemen, let me re introduce NAJEE HARRIS. Dear lord he was excellent in this game, averaging 4.7 YPC on a bus load of work with two TD's. Philly doesn't have much depth to speak of, so my strategy was to keep the tempo up on offense and fatigue their defensive line, and boy did it work. Harris got a ridiculous amount of touches & produced every single time we gave him the ball, so why stop? Calvin Ridley (8 catches, 79 yards, 2 TD) also scored twice as Aaron Rodgers (17/30, 184 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT) hit him twice in the red zone. Our defense played well, but we still failed to be dominant in the backfield with only 1 sack on the day and zero INT's.

Postgame Report: It was definitely a tune up week as we dominated Philly on both sides of the ball. Najee Harris is getting a ton of MVP attention right now & it is only making him play better. With a 2-5 Buffalo on the docket this next week, we've got another chance to pad the stats even more.

Week 9 Packers (6-1) vs. Buffalo Bills (2-5)

Scouting Report: Like the Eagles, Buffalo is trying to figure itself out. DeShone Kizer (80) will head things up over the vet Tyrod Taylor (79) & try to get the ball to Sammy Watkins (91) & Sterling Shepard (87). They've also got Nick Chubb (86), a pretty solid guy in the backfield. Damon Webb (93) is their best player at SS, so Rodgers will just need to keep an eye on where he's at & avoid double coverage or a blitz.

Injury Report: EJ Price (Out for Season)

Price stands as the lone injury as we've got our full team set to go.

Game Result: 48-7 Win
Game MVP: Najee Harris (40 attempts, 168 yards, 2 TD)
Game Thoughts: We came, we saw, we conquered...nuff said. Najee Harris is the current MVP front runner after his ridiculous performance today & last week. Calvin Ridley (10 catches, 117 yards, 2 TD) was excellent in the air game, Tremaine Edmunds (10 tackles, 2.0 sacks) recorded two sacks, and Trey Marshall (2 tackles, 1 INT), Richard Sherman (3 tackles, 1 INT), (R) Tyreke Johnson (6 tackles, 1 INT), and Shaun Dion Hamilton (7 tackles, 1 INT), combined for 4 total picks off DeShone Kizer (18/38, 121 yards, 4 INT).

Postgame Report: The win today & win last week against Philly just confirm the level we are at as a roster. We used to let games against struggling teams get close & squeak out victories, but in this day and age, we just flat out dominate them. Great win and we improve to 7-1 on the season.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #98
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Is this over?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #99
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Is this over?

It's in a state of uncertainty, let's say. As much as I enjoy trying to create a dynasty, the game in general has gotten really stale & I've found it very hard to pick the controller back up and keep playing. Leaning heavily on going back to NCAA 14 & CH 2k8...Madden just does so much wrong it's tough to keep up with it.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:44 AM   #100
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Bring it back!!!!

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #101
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Bring it back!!!!

Haha that may be a tad hard my man since I traded in Madden :/ ...I just couldn't take the game anymore & the extreme lack of attention to detail. Moved on (back to) NCAA 14 & CH 2k8, super fun. Enjoyed doing this while it lasted & I will say it seemed as though your Buccs were finally turning the corner!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »