Home

Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18)

This is a discussion on Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #17
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18)

Week 11 Packers (2-7) vs. Baltimore Ravens (4-5)

Pregame Thoughts: Last week we had success on offense & I refuse to put any blame on Rodgers who put up 31 points. Our defensive line played solid ball as well, but it's our secondary that is having issues. This week we get Joe Flacco and his Ravens. Baltimore's offense is below average, so there should be no excuse for our defense from containing. If our offense can come out & do the same thing last week, we will win this game.

Game Result: 30-22 Win
Game Injuries: None
Game MVP: Ty Montgomery (18 attempts, 104 yards, 3 TD)
Game Thoughts: Ty Montgomery, have a DAY! Ty and the offense put up 30 points in the victory on a good Ravens defense. Aaron Rodgers (22/38, 238 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT) struggled a bit overall, but in the grand scheme of things, he still played better than Joe Flacco (17/28, 222 yards, 1 INT). Mike Daniels (9 tackles, 2 TFL, 2.0 sacks) has been on a tear the last few weeks & continued his solid play in this one. I didn't note anyone in particular from the secondary, but overall the team played well & held Flacco & the Ravens to 22 points. Despite the one ish TD difference, the game was pretty out of reach for Baltimore most of the time.

Postgame Thoughts: We came, we saw, we concurred, just as we should have. Our offense was led unexpectedly by Ty Montgomery, but i'll take any chance to let Rodgers take a back seat & save juice for later. The defense played well & held Flacco, keeping the Ravens out of reach for the most part.

Week 12 Packers (3-7) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-5)

Pregame Thoughts: Pretty dang surprising to see Big Ben & his Steelers at .500 at this point of the season. I suppose they could say the same thing about us being 3-7, lol. The Killer B's are going to be a handful to stop, there's no doubt about that. To win this game we need to outscore the Steelers & knowing our offense, we are capable. Get ready for a shootout.

Game Result: 36-34 Win
Game Injuries: Jake Ryan (29 weeks torn pectoral)
Game MVP: Aaron Rodgers (38/54, 478 yards, 4 TD)
Game Thoughts: Discount Double Check came to PLAY in this wild game! With 3:00 to go in the 4th, Kenny Clark (5 tackles, 1.0 sacks) drew a huge sack & safety to put us up 3 points, 30-27. On the ensuing drive, Ty Montgomery (20 attempts, 53 yards) fumbled at mid field to give the Steelers the ball back at our 41 yard line. With under 2:00 to go, Ben Roethlisberger (27/42, 331 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT) connected with Martavius Bryant (6 catches, 37 yards, 1 TD) for the go ahead score, putting Pittsburgh up 34-30. With the ball back, 1:00 left on the clock, game on the line, our superstar led the offense, connecting with Randall Cobb (10 catches, 180 yards, 1 TD) for a 54 yard TD AS TIME EXPIRED TO WIN THE GAME!!!! Pittsburgh part blew the coverage & Cobb part made a nasty play, but neither mattered because WE WON! Offense went wild today on both squads, Rodgers finding the aforementioned Cobb for 180 yards & a score, Davante Adams (11 catches, 125 yards, 1 TD), Richard Rodgers (7 catches, 43 yards, 1 TD), and Ty Montgomery (5 catches, 37 yards, 1 TD), all for scores as well. Big Ben & his superstar running back, Le'Veon Bell (21 attempts, 109 yards, 2 TD) were dominant as well with a few TD's coming from bell & a huge day from Antonio Brown (12 catches, 148 yards), despite not getting a score.

Postgame Thoughts: The Killer B's were an absolute handful, but I am super proud of our offense, and our defense, getting after Ben 4 times. We don't have any room for losses at this point in the season, but there's an extra boost of confidence you get from beating a team like Pitt. At 4-7, the grind is real, come on Pack.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #18
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Below are the NFL Standings entering Week 13 of the 2017 Season:

AFC North
1. (#7) Cincinnati Bengals (7-4)
2. (#17) Baltimore Ravens (5-6)
3. (#18) Pittsburgh Steelers (5-6)
4. (#31) Cleveland Browns (2-9)

Cincy leads the division at 7-4 behind a pretty underrated offense & defense. Can Andy Dalton & Geno Atkins keep this lead over Pittsburgh and Baltimore at 5-6? The Killer B's have no problem scoring & the Ravens defense can stop pretty much anyone, but their counterparts are pretty rough. Cleveland is a growing team, but the 2-9 record isn't too hot.

AFC South
1. (#2) Jacksonville Jaguars (9-2)
2. (#8) Tennessee Titans (7-4)
3. (#16) Indianapolis Colts (6-5)
4. (#24) Houston Texans (4-7)

I am super impressed with Blake Bortles & the Jaguars. They are definitely way ahead of schedule given their talent, earning that 9-2 record behind their #3 ranked defense & #6 ranked offense in the NFL. Marcus Mariota & his Titans stand as the best threat to the Jags at the moment, their offense & defense are pretty talented as well. Indy is 6-5, but I'm not sure if they have the depth to compete, & barring they don't winout, they likely can't compete anyways. The Texans have issues on both sides of the ball.

AFC East
1. (#3) New England Patriots (9-2)
2. (#10) Miami Dolphins (7-4)
3. (#21) Buffalo Bills (5-6)
4. (#32) New York Jets (1-10)

Tom Brady is doing Tom Brady things with his #1 ranked offense, while being protected on the scoreboard thanks to the Pats #4 ranked defense. I think it's safe to say the Patriots are the team to beat in the NFL & are the front runner for the Super Bowl. Miami is playing some good ball down there & will likely have to compete in the Wild Card for a chance to get in playoffs. Buffalo is at the point in the season & division where they either need to win out or miss the playoffs. I'm leaning towards the latter as I don't think they have the personnel to win 5 straight, especially with the Pats in their division. The University of New York Jets is 1-10, about as surprising as the sun rising in the morning.

AFC West
1. (#11) Los Angeles Chargers (6-4-1)
2. (#22) Kansas City Chiefs (5-6)
3. (#23) Oakland Raiders (4-7)
4. (#27) Denver Broncos (4-7)

The West is home to the closest division race in the AFC. The Chargers sit out in front, pretty surprising given the talent of Kansas City & Oakland, whom many thought to be the division front runners. Denver has a solid defense, but that offense is struggling. Will anyone take charge & emerge in this race? Or will LA survive & keep the lead a game or two ahead.

NFC North
1. (#14) Detroit Lions (6-5)
2. (#19) Minnesota Vikings (5-6)
3. (#20) Chicago Bears (5-6)
4. (#25) Green Bay Packers (4-7)

The North is home to the tightest division race in the NFC. Detroit is barely out front at 6-5, while Minnesota and Chicago sit at 5 wins, barely in front of us at 4-7. I'm pretty darn thankful that nobody has took off & the division is still tight. We've got two games left in the division against Detroit and Minnesota to close the season, I'm just praying they get beat a few times before we get to them.

NFC South
1. (#5) New Orleans Saints (8-3)
2. (#9) Atlanta Falcons (7-4)
3. (#12) Carolina Panthers (6-4-1)
4. (#28) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-8-1)

Drew Brees and New Orleans have the #4 ranked offense in the league, but it's their #2 ranked defense that has propelled them to a division leading, 8-3 record. Show me someone who predicted a good defense in New Orleans & I will show you a psychic. Not far behind is MVP front runner, Matty Ice, and his 7-4 Falcons. The Falcons boast the #2 ranked offense in the league & are an absolute threat to win this division if New Orleans falters for even a second. Hey, don't count Carolina out either, the Panthers are 6-4-1 & sit in a pretty good spot in the NFC Wild Card. Tampa Bay is struggling, despite having a pretty talented team.

NFC East
1. (#1) Washington Redskins (9-2)
2. (#4) Philadelphia Eagles (8-2-1)
3. (#13) New York Giants (6-5)
4. (#26) Dallas Cowboys (4-7)

The Redskins, Eagles, and Giants, all rank within the Top 10 in defense at the moment, leading to a pretty tough division race. Dallas is ranked #7 in offense, but their defense is the NFL's worst at #32, landing them a 4-7 record. I still think this division is up for grabs, heck, Dallas could even battle for a Wild Card spot if they figure out how to play defense.

NFC West
1. (#6) Arizona Cardinals (8-3)
2. (#15) Seattle Seahawks (6-5)
3. (#29) Los Angeles Rams (2-9)
4. (#30) San Francisco 49ers (2-9)

The Cardinals have a couple game lead in the West thanks to their #5 ranked offense, at the moment. In a division that has some pretty dang good defenses, particularly Seattle, Arizona has found a way to put points on the board. Seattle is ranked within the top 10 at the moment, but Russell Wilson & the offense is not finding ways to score. Los Angeles and San Francisco have a lot of work to do and a lot of holes to fill, I'm sure the offseason can't come soon enough.

Last edited by saintrules; 09-24-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #19
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Week 13 Packers (4-7) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-8-1)

Pregame Thoughts: At 4-7 we've been dealt our cards & need to work them & make the most out of what we got. The Buccaneers are not a slouch team, but we are by far the more talented team overall & need to be winning this game. No excuses.

Game Result: 13-34 Loss
Game MVP: Jude Adjei-Barimah (6 tackles, 1.0 sacks, 2 INT)
Game Thoughts: James Winston (17/27, 186 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT) and his Buccs did work on us, there's no other way to put it. On offense, he and Doug Martin (33 attempts, 113 yards, 1 TD) had their way, exploiting our less than stellar air and ground defense for 34 points. On defense, Jude Adjei-Barimah went off, sacking Aaron Rodgers (25/42, 259 yards, 2 INT) once & picking him off twice. Rodgers had a hard time connecting with anyone on a consistent basis & it led to our demise. Ty Montgomery (24 attempts, 91 yards) has gone off for us recently, but we can't expect him to get 100+ yard, multiple TD performances, when Rodgers is struggling.

Postgame Thoughts: The defense failed to limit Tampa, which has proven to be a problem this season, and the offense had an off week. Tampa is a team we should beat & we simply did not.

Week 14 Packers (4-8) vs. Cleveland Browns (2-10)

Pregame Thoughts: If the Buccaneers were a team we should beat, the Browns are a team we can't lose to. We aren't mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but our chances are really, really slim. Let's just win this week & see where we are.

Game Result: 31-7 Win
Game MVP: Mike Daniels (6 tackles, 3.0 sacks)
Game Thoughts: We dominated the Browns on both sides of the ball, one week removed from being dominated on both sides of the ball by Tampa. Let's start with defense. Mike Daniels got after (R) DeShone Kizer (15/38, 164 yards) 3 times & was constantly rushing the rookie. Daniels has been nothing short of stellar & when he has days like this, we ain't losing. Aaron Rodgers (30/39, 268 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT) was precise & accurate, despite the one blemish INT, which wasn't really anything to note. Ty Montgomery (36 attempts, 107 yards, 1 TD) got a ton of action on the ground & when he hits that 100+, we are a scary dual threat.

Postgame Thoughts: We were super dominant & get the exact job done that we needed to.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #20
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Go Bucs! Sorry it had to come at your expense

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #21
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Go Bucs! Sorry it had to come at your expense

Man we got whooped, wasn't even close. They have a much better team at the start of this CFM than the Jags CFM, but I'd still say some parts need to be added on before they're a true contender. The South is pretty dang competitive too, which doesn't help their cause.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 10:51 AM   #22
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Week 15 Packers (5-8) vs. Carolina Panthers (8-4-1)

Pregame Thoughts: Cleaning up Cleveland was nothing more than "getting the job done" last week, as it should have been. Carolina is a different animal, completely, efficient on both sides of the ball & just as talented as us. The NFC South is in one heck of a division race & I am sure we are going to get Carolina's best effort.

Game Result: 7-34 Loss
Game MVP: Cam Newton (28/36, 314 yards, 2 TD)
Game Thoughts: They were who we thought they were: a damn good team. Cam Newton was efficient in the pocket, hitting Devin Funchess (6 catches, 100 yards, 1 TD) & Kelvin Benjamin (4 catches, 55 yards, 1 TD) for scores, while Cameron Artis-Payne (19 attempts, 74 yards, 1 TD) & (R) Christian McCaffrey (11 attempts, 52 yards, 1 TD) were strong on the ground, adding two, themselves. We never really felt competitive in this one, Aaron Rodgers (15/21, 199 yards, 1 TD) didn't have a typical "Rodgers" game, and Ty Montgomery (20 attempts, 62 yards) was quieter, himself. Nick Perry (11 tackles, 1.0 sacks), Clay Matthews (6 tackles, 1.0 sacks), and Mike Daniels (3 tackles, 1.0 sacks), all got after Newton, but sacks from the line is not a big surprise.

Postgame Thoughts: Overall, we got outplayed. Carolina has a quality shot at the playoffs & I think the confidence and energy was evident on the field.

Week 16 Packers (5-9) vs. Minnesota Vikings (6-8)

Pregame Thoughts: There isn't too much on the line here, so let's get out there and sling it. Minnesota has had a bit of QB carousel between Sam Bradford & Teddy Bridgewater, so it'll be interesting to see who gets the start.

Game Result: 31-12 Win
Game MVP: Aaron Rodgers (38/35, 310 yards, 3 TD)
Game Thoughts: Both sides of the ball clicked very well in today's win. Rodgers and the offense got out in front early thanks to Davante Adams (9 catches, 121 yards, 1 TD) & Jordy Nelson (8 catches, 123 yards, 1 TD) flexing on a pretty darn good Vikings defense. Ty Montgomery (25 attempts, 95 yards) didn't hit the century or record a score, but his efforts on the ground opened the air game nicely. Mike Daniels (9 tackles, 2 TFL, 1.5 sacks) continues to be a monster & Nick Perry (4 tackles, 1.0 sacks) has really upped his sacks lately.

Postgame Thoughts: This week, it was us who was better on both sides of the ball. I think we performed today how this team should be performing. We were efficient through the air, the ground game worked the clock, and our defense kept things in check. Heading into Detroit for Week 17, I really like what I saw from the Pack in this one.

Week 17 Packers (6-9) vs. Detroit Lions (9-6)

Pregame Thoughts: The Lions are the 2017 NFC North Champions & there's nothing we can do about it. Best thing we can do? Come out here with a fight & show them who is hungry for that hardware next year.

Game Result: 42-15 Win
Game MVP: Aaron Rodgers (30/37, 339 yards, 3 TD)
Game Thoughts: Yikes, hungry we are, indeed. Rodgers worked an extremely precise game, hitting 81% of his passes for 3 scores. Ty Montgomery (30 attempts, 140 yards) had yet another solid game & has left no doubt he will be returning as the starter in 2018. Martellus Bennett (6 catches, 83 yards, 1 TD) & Davante Adams (5 catches, 78 yards, 2 TD) were the favorite redzone targets for Rodgers, but it was Jordy Nelson (8 catches, 89 yards) who led the squad in receptions, yet again. Mike Daniels (3 tackles, 2.5 sacks), Clay Matthews (5 tackles, 2.0 sacks), Kenny Clark (2 tackles, 1.5 sacks), also left no doubt about who is starting next season.

Postgame Thoughts: This is the Packers team we expected to see operate throughout the season. While we miss the playoffs, I think it's fair to say we understand the potential this roster has.

Last edited by saintrules; 09-26-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #23
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Below are the Final Standings & Playoff Results for the 2017 NFL Season:

AFC North
1. (#17) Cincinnati Bengals (8-8) - Division Champions
2. (#19) Baltimore Ravens (7-9)
3. (#20) Pittsburgh Steelers (7-9)
4. (#28) Cleveland Browns (5-11)

QB Andy Dalton & his Bengals went even & won the division. I think the Bengals are a bit underrated for the talent they do have on that roster because the depth is not quite there. Look for them to be a Wild Card in the playoffs, despite the AFC North Championship. The Steelers end their 2017 campaign at 7-9 & miss the playoffs, despite boasting the #3 offense in the NFL. Their defense is young and improving, but will it catch up fast enough for an offense with an aging QB & talent with big contracts? Baltimore's defense is solid but their offense in whack, how much longer will QB Joe Flacco last out there? (R) QB DeShone Kizer & (R) DE Myles Garrett are the future out there in Cleveland, five wins ain't a lot, but it's something.

AFC South
1. (#3) Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4) - Division Champions
2. (#8) Tennessee Titans (10-6) - Wild Card
3. (#15) Indianapolis Colts (9-7)
4. (#23) Houston Texans (7-9)

Jacksonville is young, fast, and talented. The Jaguars look to be ahead of schedule in terms of progression, so is this the future team we are going to see? Either way, things are hot in Jag land. QB Marcus Mariota & the Titans snag a Wild Card berth. This is a super dangerous team on both sides of the ball & one I think teams will come into underestimating. Indianapolis misses the playoffs, despite the 9-7 record. Houston has some growing to do with (R) QB Deshaun Watson, but 7 wins is a pretty darn good start.

AFC East
1. (#1) New England Patriots (14-2) - Division Champions
2. (#4) Miami Dolphins (11-5) - Wild Card
3. (#27) Buffalo Bills (5-11)
4. (#32) New York Jets (1-15)

The #1 ranked Patriots boast the #1 ranked offense & defense in the league... They have left zero doubt that they are the best team in the NFL & now it's time they claim their prize. Miami put together a pretty nice season down there & come into the playoffs hopeful of claiming so hardware. They've got a large challenge in front of them, however. Buffalo has to get their defense figured out & don't even get me started on the Jets.

AFC West
1. (#10) Los Angeles Chargers (9-6-1) - Division Champions
2. (#11) Kansas City Chiefs (9-7)
3. (#22) Oakland Raiders (7-9)
4. (#25) Denver Broncos (7-9)

The West was supposed to be the most competitive division in the AFC & one many thought would put at least 2, if not 3 teams into the playoffs. Well, the Wild Wild West only gets LA into the dance after beating one another up. Tough break.

NFC North
1. (#16) Detroit Lions (9-7) - Division Champions
2. (#21) Minnesota Vikings (7-9)
3. (#24) Green Bay Packers (7-9)
4. (#26) Chicago Bears (6-10)

We let the division & playoffs slip out of our hands in the early to mid season, losing 4 straight, before cleaning up our act at the end to finish at 7-9. Detroit is a pretty good squad, QB Matthew Stafford stands a chance at hardware. The Vikings and Bears are building, it's only a matter of time before they are competitive again.

NFC South
1. (#2) Atlanta Falcons (12-4) - Division Champions
2. (#6) Carolina Panthers (10-5-1) - Wild Card
3. (#7) New Orleans Saints (10-6) - Wild Card
4. (#29) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-11-1)

QB Matt Ryan and the NFL's #2 offense wins the most competitive division in the league. Carolina and New Orleans both get berths in the Wild Card & honestly, there's contenders all over the place in here. Tampa Bay only gets 4, but at the same time, there's a pretty good team behind this record.

NFC East
1. (#5) Philadelphia Eagles (10-5-1) - Division Champions
2. (#13) Washington Redskins (9-7)
3. (#14) New York Giants (9-7)
4. (#18) Dallas Cowboys (7-9)

Philly narrowly edges out Washington and New York for the division, thanks to a tie. Washington once held a 9-2 record in the East, only to finish at 9-7. The talent is there, but I don't think the depth is. Speaking of talent, Dallas and their 99 OVR offense gets 7 wins. They say defense wins championships, and for Dallas, their defense stinks.

NFC West
1. (#9) Arizona Cardinals (10-6) - Division Champions
2. (#12) Seattle Seahawks (9-7)
3. (#30) Los Angeles Rams (4-12)
4. (#31) San Francisco 49ers (3-13)

Many thought Seattle QB Russell Wilson would have his Seahawks out front & center in the West, but it's the Cardinals who take the cake. Arizona is a threat on both sides of the ball. Los Angeles and San Francisco are in rebuild mode.

Wild Card Championship
(#8) Tennessee Titans (10-6) defeat (#10) Los Angeles Chargers (9-6-1) - 31-18
(#7) New Orleans Saints (10-6) defeat (#9) Arizona Cardinals - 47-29
(#4) Miami Dolphins (11-5) defeated by (#17) Cincinnati Bengals (8-8) - 31-36
(#6) Carolina Panthers (10-5-1) defeated by (#16) Detroit Lions (9-7) - 13-23

Tennessee and New Orleans flex their offense over the Chargers and Cardinals. Cincinnati narrowly edges out the #4 ranked Dolphins & Detroit pulls the upset over #6 Carolina, 13-23.

Divisional Championship
(#8) Tennessee Titans (10-6) defeat (#1) New England Patriots (14-2) - 28-20
(#7) New Orleans Saints (10-6) defeated by (#2) Atlanta Falcons (12-4) - 23-37
(#17) Cincinnati Bengals (8-8) defeat (#3) Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4) - 26-24
(#16) Detroit Lions (9-7) defeat (#5) Philadelphia Eagles (10-5-1) - 43-37

STUNNER IN NEW ENGLAND!!! The #1 ranked Patriots lose by one TD to the #8 ranked Titans, ending their season & hopes for the Super Bowl! New Orleans loses to division rival, Atlanta, while Cincinnati pulls of a narrow victory over the #3 ranked Jaguars. Detroit wins the offensive showdown in Philly, 43-37.

Conference Championship
(#8) Tennessee Titans (10-6) defeat (#17) Cincinnati Bengals (8-8) - 35-14
(#16) Detroit Lions (9-7) defeat (#2) Atlanta Falcons (12-4) - 31-28

The Tennessee Titans are your AFC Champions! Cincy has gotta look at this season & be proud of what has been accomplished behind not only their talent, but also an 8-8 record to win the AFC South & make it to the AFC Championship. The Detroit Lions pull off a STUNNER against the #2 ranked Atlanta Falcons to take the NFC Championship! QB Matthew Stafford and his Lions will take on QB Marcus Mariota and the Titans for all the marbles.

Super Bowl Championship
(#16) Detroit Lions (9-7) defeated by (#8) Tennessee Titans (10-6) - 27-29

QB Marcus Mariota & the Tennessee Titans are your 2017 Super Bowl Champions!!! The Titans ride into the sunset behind a stellar offense & more than capable defense. They were certainly under the radar for most of the season, not even winning their division, but taking out the #1 Patriots in the process let everyone know they were here to play. Detroit takes the loss, but the NFC is theirs, congrats.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #24
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Below are the Packers individual stats from the 2017 NFL Season:

Passing:
1. Aaron Rodgers (364/509, 4007 yards, 30 TD, 13 INT)
2. Brett Hundley (59/106, 785 yards, 4 TD, 8 INT)
3. Joe Callahan (DNP)

Rodgers surpassed the 4000+ yard & 30 TD mark, despite missing 4 weeks total. He's the man with the plan & his absence was beyond missed. His early season INT's led to the demise of a game or two, but he definitely cleaned up the act upon his return from injury, going 5-3 in that stretch, putting up multiple 3+ TD performances. The offense, for the most part, performed extremely well this season & the passing game is our bread and butter. Brett Hundley went 0-3 in starting for the injured Rodgers, however, he did orchestrate a really good effort in the comeback vs. Minnesota in the game Rodgers went down.

Rushing:
1. Ty Montgomery (345 attempts, 1370 yards, 9 TD)
2. (R) Jamaal Williams (36 attempts, 135 yards, 2 TD)
3. Aaron Rodgers (33 attempts, 131 yards, 3 TD)
4. Brett Hundley (8 attempts, 21 yards, 0 TD)

Montgomery left no doubt he was the best RB on the team. At 3.9 yards per carry, we could rely on Ty to get us moving on the ground before unleashing the air game down field. (R) Jamaal Williams got to see some action himself & showed me that he is not only a viable backup option, but has future potential on this roster. Rodgers recorded three scores on the ground, cha ching.

Receiving:
1. Jordy Nelson (90 catches, 1312 yards, 9 TD)
2. Randall Cobb (83 catches, 965 yards, 11 TD)
3. Davante Adams (77 catches, 929 yards, 4 TD)
4. Martellus Bennett (72 catches, 797 yards, 5 TD)
5. Ty Montgomery (51 catches, 338 yards, 1 TD)
6. Richard Rodgers (17 catches, 115 yards, 1 TD)
7. Jeff Janis (17 catches, 209 yards, 0 TD)
8. (R) Jamaal Williams (9 catches, 75 yards, 2 TD)
9. Aaron Ripkowski (5 catches, 23 yards, 1 TD)
10. Geronimo Allison (2 catches, 29 yards, 0 TD)

Nelson, Cobb, and Adams, are three heads to one of the best receiving cores in the league. They performed, by all accounts, fantastically, and it's hard to ask for much more from them. Martellus Bennett proved he was a massive threat in the receiving game & Ty Montgomery came out of the backfield always when we needed him. (R) Jamaal Williams recorded two receiving TD's which was great to see as well.

Top 5 Defense (Tackles):
1. Blake Martinez (120 tackles, 3 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 0 INT, 4 DEFL)
2. Jake Ryan (95 tackles, 2 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 0 INT, 6 DEFL)
3. Davon House (95 tackles, 3 TFL, 0.0 sacks, 1 INT, 5 DEFL)
4. Morgan Burnett (94 tackles, 2 TFL, 0.5 sacks, 2 INT, 2 DEFL)
5. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (89 tackles, 2 TFL, 1.0 sacks, 0 INT, 7 DEFL)

Our run defense was a pretty big issue & I think our inability to record TFL's was a large part of that. Martinez and Ryan are young & growing, but they also play a position that is integral to the defense. Jake Ryan's injury isn't helping our cause & it looks like I need to address this in the offseason.

Top 5 Defense (Sacks):
1. Mike Daniels (84 tackles, 10 TFL, 16.5 sacks, 0 INT, 0 DEFL)
2. Clay Matthews (74 tackles, 2 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 DEFL)
3. Kenny Clark (74 tackles, 4 TFL, 7.0 sacks, 0 INT, 2 DEFL)
4. Nick Perry (89 tackles, 5 TFL, 6.0 sacks, 0 INT, 1 DEFL)
5. Jake Ryan (95 tackles, 2 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 0 INT, 6 DEFL)

I think we did fantastic in the sack department this season, Mike Daniels was nothing short of an animal & Clay Matthews put together a really solid season as well, nearly hitting double digits. Kenny Clark is growing & did a really good job on the line, add in Nick Perry's 6.0 sacks, man we were dominant.

Top 5 Defense (INTs):
1. Morgan Burnett (94 tackles, 2 TFL, 0.5 sacks, 2 INT, 2 DEFL)
2. Damarious Randall (69 tackles, 1 TFL, 0.5 sacks, 2 INT, 4 DEFL)
3. Clay Matthews (74 tackles, 2 TFL, 9.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 DEFL)
4. Quinten Rollins (71 tackles, 1 TFL, 0.5 sacks, 1 INT, 4 DEFL)
5. Davon House (95 tackles, 3 TFL, 0.0 sacks, 1 INT, 5 DEFL)

I knew our secondary wasn't the greatest heading into the season & the stat sheet pretty much confirmed they weren't great by the end of the season. Burnett and Randall led the team with 2 INT's a piece & that is not going to get us to where we need to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »