Home

Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18)

This is a discussion on Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #25
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0

Below are the top individual awards for the 2017 NFL Season. You can find the rest of the individual honors on the NFL HQ post on Page 1.

Most Valuable Player
QB Matt Ryan (98) - Atlanta Falcons

Matty Ice commanded his #2 ranked Atlanta offense to a 12-4 record, the NFC South Championship, and an NFC Championship appearance. Ryan hasn't always been in the conversation of top tier QB's in the league, like the likes of Brady, Rodgers, and Brees, but the talent is there, and I believe we can begin considering him in this group.

AFC Offensive Player of the Year
RB Le'Veon Bell (99) - Pittsburgh Steelers

Le'Veon Bell, one B to the Killer B's trio in Pittsburgh, was dominant yet again in the Steelers backfield. Bell and the #3 ranked offense in the league only went 7-9 & missed the playoffs, but look for them to be back in tact next season with the same hard punch.

AFC Defensive Player of the Year
MLB Ryan Shazier (84) - Pittsburgh Steelers

This was a bit of a surprise given the fact he was part of the unit that arguably kept Pittsburgh from the playoffs, but Ryan Shazier DPoY for the AFC & will likely get a decent boost in OVR heading into next season.

AFC Offensive Rookie of the Year
RB Leonard Fournette (91) - Jacksonville Jaguars

Jacksonville is a team chalked full of young, rising talent, and Leonard Fournette leads the charge. Fournette helped lead the #5 ranked offense in the NFL, earning the Jaguars a AFC South Championship. He ends this season at a 91 OVR, likely improving during the offseason, and will surely be a top RB in the league yet again.

AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year
SS Jamal Adams (85) - New York Jets

The Jets went 1-15 this season & honestly I'd say this award is the highlight of their entire season. Jamal Adams, DE Leonard Williams, and DT Sheldon Richardson, are pretty good talents on a defense I'd keep an eye on for the future.

NFC Offensive Player of the Year
QB Matt Ryan (98) - Atlanta Falcons

NFL MVP, NFC OPoY, #2 ranked offense in the league, NFC Championship runner up, and NFC South Championship...have a year Matty Ice.

NFC Defensive Player of the Year
DE Brandon Graham (97) - Philadelphia Eagles

Brandon Graham made history in 2017 by absolutely smashing the NFL sack record with 29.0 by season's end!!! He is a monster & helped lead the #4 ranked defense in the NFL to a 10-5-1 record & NFC East Championship.

NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year
RB Dalvin Cook (86) - Minnesota Vikings

Dalvin Cook is surely the future in the running game for Minnesota & is one piece of the puzzle to building a contender.

NFC Defensive Rookie of the Year
OLB Reuben Foster (80) - San Francisco 49ers

The Niners are not a good team, but man do they have some talent brewing on defense. Between Foster, MLB Navorro Bowman, DE Solomon Thomas, and DE DeForest Buckner...keep an eye on San Fran's defense moving forward.

Last edited by saintrules; 09-27-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 07:52 PM   #26
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Bringing Lombardi Home: A Green Bay Packers Franchise (Madden 18)

You missed the playoffs, the Bucs went 4-11-1, the Titans won it all. Ugh.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:17 PM   #27
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
You missed the playoffs, the Bucs went 4-11-1, the Titans won it all. Ugh.

The injury to Rodgers really put a wrench in the plans. I'd say if it was a week, max two week injury, things would have been a lot different. The Buccs really got the short end of the stick this season with New Orleans and Carolina playing good ball. I wasn't surprised at all about Atlanta, but man is the South good. The Titans were one of my favorite underdogs to do some damage in the playoffs & they ended up with the big win. It'll be interesting to see if they can string together a few contending seasons over being a one and done.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #28
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Below are the results from the 2017 NFL Offseason including: Notable Retirements, Contract Extensions, Free Agency, and the NFL Draft

Notable NFL Retirements
Madden gets rid of retirements once you past the draft, so I accidentally did not record. Will try and get an idea of who retired when I start next season, sorry -_-

Packers Contract Extensions
WR Davante Adams (86) - 24 years old, resigned 4 years, 31.2 Million
SS Morgan Burnett (85) - 28 years old, resigned 4 years, 26.2 Million
TE Richard Rodgers (83) - 24 years old, resigned 4 years, 22.8 Million
C Corey Linsley (82) - 26 years old, resigned 4 years, 17.6 Million
RG Jahri Evans (80) - 34 years old, resigned 1 year, 3.8 Million
LG Lane Taylor (79) - 27 years old, resigned 4 years, 19.5 Million
CB Davon House (75) - 28 years old, resigned 1 year, 3.8 Million
LOLB Jayrone Elliot (74) - 25 years old, resigned 2 years, 5.3 Million
RG Justin McCray (72) - 25 years old, resigned 2 years, 3.7 Million

MLB Joe Thomas (72) - 26 years old, refused to resign

RE Ricky Jean Francois (77) - 30 years old, let walk
CB Ladarius Gunter (73) - 25 years old, let walk
RG Don Barclay (70) - 28 years old, let walk
DT Chrstian Ringo (69) - 25 years old, let walk
WR Jeff Janis (69) - 26 years old, let walk
WR Geronimo Allison (68) - 24 years old, let walk
QB Joe Callahan (65) - 24 years old, let walk

It was crucial for me to ink Davante Adams as he is not only the successor to Jordy Nelson, but he's also a darn good player who was integral to our offense this season. Burnett is the best bet we've got at Strong Safety and we couldn't lose him. I inked him quite early, overpaid a bit, but he's worth keeping in the system. Richard Rodgers, Corey Linsley, and Lane Taylor, are all young, good talents for the offense. Davon House is needed as a bridge for up and coming talent at corner. He's not the best, but what we need. Joe Thomas refused to resign, but I'm not going to lose sleep over that. Ladarius Gunter and Don Barclay were the only two guys I let walk that I was iffy about, but I think our depth at those positions is enough to save the cash.

Packers Free Agency
CB Brett Grimes (86) - 35 years old, signed 1 year, 4.2 Million

We definitely need help at CB & in the air defense, so Brett Grimes coming available from Tampa Bay was a bit of a perfect scenario. He's old, but still good, so let's we're going to roll with him & see what happens.

Top 15 Free Agency Acquisitions
QB Drew Brees (92) - Los Angeles Rams
WR Larry Fitzgerald (90) - Dallas Cowboys
TE Antonio Gates (89) - New York Jets
TE Cameron Brate (87) - Denver Broncos
CB Brett Grimes (86) - Green Bay Packers
LOLB Paul Posluszny (86) - Detroit Lions
LOLB Shaquil Barrett (85) - Miami Dolphins
RB LeGarrette Blount (85) - Indianapolis Colts
RB Jeremy Hill (85) - Washington Redskins
DT Kyle Williams (84) - Washington Redskins
RB Charles Sims III (84) - New York Jets
TE Trey Burton (83) - Arizona Cardinals
WR Quincy Enunwa (83) - Detroit Lions
WR Marquis Lee (83) - Arizona Cardinals
RB Matt Forte (83) - Philadelphia Eagles

DB9 heads off to the city of the stars in Los Angeles for a one year, 21.5 million dollar, pay day. I'd be pretty surprised if he sticks in LA after one year, they're not very good & don't look to be a true contender for some time. Larry Fitz goes to Dallas to improve an already, near perfect, offense. Dak, Larry, Zeke, Dez, and that offensive line...yikes. Antonio Gates leaves the Chargers, though I'm sure he will get a one day contract to retire a Charger, eventually. The Jets also snagged Charles Simms III which is a pretty nice pickup, well played NY. Detroit, Washington, and Arizona, did well for themselves by snagging 6 of the Top 15 between their three franchises.

Packers 2018 NFL Draft
1-9. MLB Shaun Dion Hamilton (78) - Alabama
22/5'11"/236 LBS/Run Stopper/Normal Development

With the extended injury to starting MLB Jake Ryan & failure to resign backup MLB Joe Thomas, this position was one of the most crucial to figure out in the offseason. Enter MLB Shaun Dion Hamilton, a product of the Saban system at Bama that has produced nothing but top tier NFL talent for years. Hamilton will get exposure immediately, likely finding himself in the starting MLB slot pretty quickly. This is a guy we can build around, touchdown pick.

2-9. DT Christian LaCouture (81) - LSU
22/6'3"/331 LBS/Nose Tackle/Slow Development

Starting DT Montravious Adams didn't do anything wrong in 2017, he just didn't do anything too "right". DE Mike Daniels & DE Kenny Clark stole the show, but our run defense was lacking a dominant man in the middle LaCourture hails from the same system as some of the best defenders in the NFL, so let's see what Les Miles & Coach O saw in LaCouture & give him the exposure.

3-9. SS Trey Marshall (71) - Florida State
22/5'11"/199 LBS/Zone/Normal Development

We are paper thin at Strong Safety & picking someone up in the draft was vital. Trey Marshall is a raw rookie, but with us giving starting SS Morgan Burnett a 4 year deal, we've got plenty of time to grow Marshall.

4-9. FS Marcus Allen (73) - Penn State
22/5'10"/204 LBS/Zone/Normal Development

FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is the starter, FS Josh Jones is the future, and now Marcus Allen is the super future. With Allen, our depth at FS is strong.

5-9. MLB Nyles Morgan (66) - Notre Dame
22/6'3"/246 LBS/Prototype/Normal Development

We needed more depth at MLB because of the injury to starting MLB Jake Ryan. Since we picked up Shaun Dion Hamilton, I knew we still had to find a full time backup to Hamilton & MLB Blake Martinez. Nyles Morgan is a depth guy at the moment, hopefully we can find room for him on the roster if we don't have anyone better on the practice squad.

6-9. CB Andre Chachere (65) - San Jose State
23/5'10"/212 LBS/Prototype/Normal Development

Chachere was a bit of a gamble pick. High combine score, decent size, not very good OVR.

7-9. OG Isaiah Wynn (69) - Georgia
23/6'4"/327 LBS/Zone Blocking/Normal Development

You can't ever have too many options on the offensive line, so Wynn was a good find here. We will pop that oven open & let this dude cook for a few years & we will see what happens to him.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:40 AM   #29
MVP

saintrules's Arena

SEASON 2
Old 10-02-2017, 01:30 PM   #30
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Hello & welcome to the 2018 NFL Season! This will be my second season in this franchise & I could not be more ready to get it kicked off. We didn't meet our goals at all last season, losing out on the NFC North & missing the playoffs all together. This season, it's time to shine. Here's a preview of the NFL prior to starting my games:

Top 10 Overall
New England Patriots - 90 OVR
Seattle Seahawks - 90 OVR
Dallas Cowboys - 89 OVR
Green Bay Packers - 89 OVR
Atlanta Falcons - 88 OVR
Pittsburgh Steelers - 88 OVR
Washington Redskins - 88 OVR
Denver Broncos - 87 OVR
Carolina Panthers - 86 OVR
Detroit Lions - 86 OVR

Top 10 Offenses
New England Patriots - 99 OVR
Dallas Cowboys - 99 OVR
Pittsburgh Steelers - 97 OVR
Green Bay Packers - 95 OVR
Tennessee Titans - 95 OVR
Washington Redskins - 95 OVR
Atlanta Faclons - 93 OVR
Oakland Raiders - 93 OVR
Denver Broncos - 91 OVR
Cleveland Browns - 91 OVR

Top 10 Defenses
Seattle Seahawks - 97 OVR
Denver Broncos - 91 OVR
Minnesota Vikings - 91 OVR
New York Giants - 91 OVR
Philadelphia Eagles - 89 OVR
Atlanta Falcons - 89 OVR
Los Angeles Chargers - 89 OVR
Baltimore Ravens - 89 OVR
Green Bay Packers - 87 OVR
Carolina Panthers - 87 OVR

AFC North
Pittsburgh Steelers - 88 OVR - Projected Record: 13-3
Cincinnati Bengals - 85 OVR - Projected Record: 9-7
Baltimore Ravens - 86 OVR - Projected Record: 7-9
Cleveland Browns - 83 OVR - Projected Record: 4-12

Pittsburgh did not fare too well last season at 7-9, missing the playoffs in a division where the Bengals won it at 8-8. The North looks similar to projections of last season because not too much has changed. QB Ben Roethlisberger (91), 2017 AFC Offensive Player of the Year & 2017 AFC Best RB Le'Veon Bell (99), & WR Antonio Brown (98), all return as the vaunted "Killer B's" for the offensive nightmare that is Pittsburgh. Not only that, but 2017 AFC Defensive Player of the Year & 2017 AFC Best LB Ryan Shazier (89), leads the defensive unit hoping to shut down any offenses gearing up for shootouts. The Steelers shouldn't be losing this division, it's that simple. QB Andy Dalton (85) and his Bengals have a good offense with weapons like 2017 AFC Best TE Tyler Eifert (97) & WR AJ Green (95), but I don't think their defense can hold up to take the division. Nonetheless, that offense may get them to 9 & a chance at the Wild Card. The Ravens have a pretty good defense, but that offense is abysmal, led by 10 year vet QB Joe Flacco (81) who honestly doesn't need to be starting out there any longer. QB DeShone Kizer (79) & (R) QB Matt Linehan (79) may have a little position battle on their hands out in Cleveland.

AFC South - 2017 Super Bowl Champions, 2017 AFC Champions
Tennessee Titans - 87 OVR - Projected Record: 11-5
Jacksonville Jaguars - 85 OVR - Projected Record: 10-6
Houston Texans - 84 OVR - Projected Record: 6-10
Indianapolis Colts - 82 OVR - Projected Record: 3-13

QB Marcus Mariota (88) & his 2017 Super Bowl Champion Titans are gearing up for another round with a pretty darn good team. Mariota is no Brady, Rodgers, or Brees, but he combined with weapons like TE Delanie Walker (93) and RB Demarco Murray (91) & a scary threat in the air & on the ground. I'm not exactly sure what we will see from Tennessee here...they got in at 10-6 last season & put together some really good wins, but I wouldn't use "dominant" as a term to describe them. 2017 AFC Best Defensive Lineman DE Calais Campbell (92) & 2017 AFC Offensive Rookie of the Year, RB Leonard Fournette (92) are set to go & get the Jags some hardware. These guys are young with WR Allen Robinson (94) at 25 years old, C Brandon Linder (92) at 26, RB Leonard Fournette (91) at 23, CB Jalen Ramsey (89) at 23, and WR Allen Hurns (87) at 26. The Jaguars have on paper one of the most promising future rosters in the NFL. I project them as a threat for the Wild Card. QB Deshaun Watson (79) still has some work to do & Andrew Luck (92) & TY Hilton (90) have the entire Colts roster on their back.

AFC East
New England Patriots - 90 OVR - Projected Record: 15-1
Miami Dolphins - 83 OVR - Projected Record: 7-9
Buffalo Bills - 81 OVR - Projected Record: 5-11
New York Jets - 80 OVR - Projected Record: 1-15

The usual suspect is out in front by probably the largest margin we will see in this franchise. The 2017 Patriots failed to make it even to the AFC Championship & I sense a massive rebound coming for 2018. 2017 AFC Best QB Tom Brady (99) & his stacked roster are the front runner for the AFC & Super Bowl all together. Miami snagged a Wild Card berth in 2017, but I think they over performed a bit. QB Ryan Tannehill (84) & company can probably snag 7 wins at ruin some chances for the Wild Card, but not much more. Buffalo needs to cut the cord on QB Tyrod Taylor (82) who just straight up isn't their franchise guy. They've got QB Nathan Peterman (76) behind him who is younger & can probably do better in the long run. (R) QB Baker Mayfield (79) will get the start for the Jets, fresh out of Oklahoma. The Jets are led talent wise by 2017 AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year SS Jamal Adams (92), DE Leonard Williams (91), & their 2017 Free Agency acquisition TE Antonio Gates (89). Besides those guys, they are pretty dang bad, so we are a while away from seeing a competitive Jets squad.

AFC West
Los Angeles Chargers - 86 OVR - Projected Record: 11-5
Denver Broncos - 87 OVR - Projected Record: 10-6
Oakland Raiders - 86 OVR - Projected Record: 10-6
Kansas City Chiefs - 85 OVR - Projected Record: 8-8

The West ate itself alive last season, sending only one team to the playoffs, Los Angeles. This is another year where the talent in this division is so high that it may ruin its own chances. I'm projecting LA to win it once again just due to them being a bit more well balanced. QB Philip Rivers (85) isn't the best, but RB Melvin Gordon (91) can alleviate some stress in the air game with a good ground attack. DE Joey Bosa (92) can likely become the best DE in the league over the next few seasons at the young age of 23. QB Teddy Bridgewater (82) made the move in the offseason to Denver, so we shall see what he can do out there. They've got a stellar defense and the offense is pretty good too, Wild Card potential? Derek Carr (90), OLB Khalil Mack (99), and WR Amari Cooper (91) should be good enough to contend for a Wild Card at the very least. Kansas City will have to decide on using QB Alex Smith (81) or second year man QB Patrick Mahomes II (81), if they can get someone rolling these guys can also do a bit of damage.

NFC North - 2017 NFC Champions
Green Bay Packers - 89 OVR - Projected Record: 12-4
Detroit Lions - 86 OVR - Projected Record: 11-5
Minnesota Vikings - 85 OVR - Projected Record: 6-10
Chicago Bears - 84 OVR - Projected Record: 5-11

QB Matthew Stafford (88) and his 2017 NFC Champion Lions are a pretty good squad in 2018 & are going to give us the biggest fight for the division. We are the better team & we should be winning this thing, however, no excuse. Minnesota will use QB Sam Bradford (82) & Chicago QB Mitch Trubisky (80) & without much else to fall back on, these two guys should have down years.

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons - 88 OVR - Projected Record: 12-4
Carolina Panthers - 86 OVR - Projected Record: 10-6
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 84 OVR - Projected Record: 8-8
New Orleans Saints - 84 OVR - Projected Record: 7-9

2017 NFL MVP & 2017 NFC Offensive Player of the Year QB Matt Ryan (96) & 2017 NFC Best WR Julio Jones (99) are back with the usual suspects in Atlanta. The Falcons lost in the 2017 NFC Championship to Detroit, a pretty big upset I might add. They've definitely improved their defense & I would not be shocked to see them contending for the Super Bowl by season's end. Speaking of contending, Carolina has a really good group behind QB Cam Newton (89) & 2017 NFC Best LB Luke Kuechly (99) & I'd say the Wild Card is certainly up for grabs. Tampa Bay has talent, just not the depth. New Orleans find themselves in the post Brees era with (R) QB Luke Falk (78) taking the reigns, fresh out of Washington State.

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys - 89 OVR - Projected Record: 13-3
Philadelphia Eagles - 86 OVR - Projected Record: 11-5
Washington Redskins - 88 OVR - Projected Record: 10-6
New York Giants - 85 OVR - Projected Record: 8-8

The Dallas Cowboys offense was beyond good last season & they managed to add WR Larry Fitzgerald (90) in Free Agency to compliment RB Ezekiel Elliot (98), WR Dez Bryant (93), and TE Jason Witten (92)...dear lord. The Cowboys defense was the NFL's worst last season, but if they can manage to hold people even remotely well, these guys will win 13 games. 2017 NFC Defensive Player of the Year & 2017 NFC Best Defensive Lineman of the Year DE Brandon Graham (95) broke the NFL record for sacks last season with 29.0, & will lead the Eagles once again. The Redskins flopped at 9-2 only to miss playoffs at 9-7, but enter 2018 with an even better team. The Giants are a good team, but this division is just too heavy for them to do much damage.

NFC West
Seattle Seahawks - 90 OVR - Projected Record: 13-3
Arizona Cardinals - 84 OVR - Projected Record: 11-5
Los Angeles Rams - 83 OVR - Projected Record: 5-11
San Francisco 49ers - 80 OVR - Projected Record: 3-13

The Legion of Boom is once again in full force with MLB Bobby Wagner (97), FS Earl Thomas III (94), SS Kam Chancellor (92), and CB Richard Sherman (92), all set to go. QB Russell Wilson (92), TE Jimmy Graham (96), and WR Doug Baldwin (91), make up a talented air game as well. Arizona looks to (R) QB Mason Rudolph (81) from Oklahoma State to get them into the playoffs, and I estimate they actually have a pretty good shot. 2017 NFC Best RB David Johnson (99) & 2017 NFC Best CB Patrick Peterson (93) are going to give Seattle a darn good shot. Los Angeles brought in New Orleans legend, QB Drew Brees (92) in the offseason for a 1 year, 26 million dollar pay day. The Rams may become a team in limbo for quite a while as they've got a mix of old & young talent, but not enough on one side to be promising. San Francisco gave the keys to Iowa QB, CJ Beathard (75), but I doubt this is a long term deal. Their defense is really good, especially with 2017 NFC Defensive Rookie of the Year OLB Reuben Foster (83) getting better each game. 3 wins is the projection this season, but if they can play a little offense we may see 5 or 6.

Last edited by saintrules; 10-11-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #31
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Below is the depth chart for the 2018 Green Bay Packers:

Quarterback:
1. Aaron Rodgers (99)
2. Brett Hundley (73)
3. Taysom Hill (61)

Rodgers is set to go following a 4,000 yard, 30 TD, 2017 season. Staying healthy is vital & while not a mobile guy, we do move him North & South rather often when opportunity presents itself. He's got the arm, he's got the legs, he's got the offense...let's get the wins. Hundley had some nice moments last season, but he still remains as a question mark towards the Packers future at QB. Taysom Hill is an emergency option, not much else.

Runningback:
1. Ty Montgomery (85)
2. Jamaal Williams (77)
3. Aaron Jones (76)

Ty Montgomery solidified himself as the feature back last season & I plan on getting him even more involved this year. He's a quick sucker in the backfield, but has also shown the ability to take on defenders straight up & make them pay. He's a solid starting talent & I think he can have a breakout season this year. Jamaal Williams is definitely less refined as a player as compared to Montgomery, but man does this guy have some pop. Williams is again going to see third down exposure & sub in & out with Montgomery to give him some rest. Aaron Jones has Ty Montgomeryness written all over him & can definitely get involved this season. The running core is growing for the Pack...

Wide Receiver:
1. Jordy Nelson (89)
2. Randall Cobb (87)
3. Davante Adams (86)
4. Dorial Green-Beckham (73)
5. Deangelo Yancey (67)
6. Trevor Davis (65)

While Jordy fell from elite OVR this offseason (90+), he's still practically as dominant as he was one year ago and will be our feature WR for 2018. Cobb made some massive plays last season including a 50+ yard bomb game winner. Cobb recorded 11 TD's on the season & was definitely the favorite red zone target. Davante Adams could easily be a solid starting talent on most other rosters, maybe even the feature WR here and there. We inked him to a solid deal in the offseason, so man I am pumped. He didn't progress at all in the offseason, but hopefully we get his confidence up & he can grow a few points during the year. We picked up Dorial Green-Beckham in Free Agency during the preseason to add some needed depth. Last season Jeff Janis (68) & Geronimo Allison (68) & I felt like we lacked some talent off the bench. Beckham will add the 6th man factor we need for our receiving core.

Tight End:
1. Martellus Bennett (90)
2. Richard Rodgers (85)
3. Lance Kendricks (78)

Martellus Bennett is a stud & his 5 TD's last season was great to see. He's a big, physical TE, and has shown a lot of receiving ability & we will continue using that. Richard Rodgers has remained a really good secondary TE & will be another factor to our air game. Lance Kendricks is an above average backup's backup, great to see.

Offensive Left Tackle:
1. David Bakhtiari (93)
2. Jason Sprigggs (75)

Bakhtiari is the leader of this offensive line & one of the strongest in the game. Spriggs is there for backup if we need it, not a bad option.

Offensive Left Guard:
1. Lane Taylor (79)
2. Adam Pankey (67)

Lane Taylor's health is absolutely critical as we are thin is paper behind him. Pankey is far from a talent I want protecting Aaron Rodgers, so our fingers are crossed. Left Guard is a position I think we will need to address this offseason.

Center:
1. Corey Linsley (83)
2. Kofi Amichia (71)

Linsley did all things well last season & will continue to grow & get the start at Center.

Offensive Right Guard:
1. Justin McCray (73)
2. (R) Isaiah Wynn (69)

Similar to the Lane Taylor situation, we gotta stay healthy over here. (R) Isaiah Wynn is probably the better long term option, but he's gotta grow a couple of points before we get him involved full time.

Offensive Right Tackle:
1. Bryan Bulaga (83)
2. Kyle Murphy (70)

Our Right Tackle situation is like our Left Tackle's younger brother. Not as talented, but similar situation.

Defensive Left End:
1. Kenny Clark (80)
2. Dean Lowry (71)

Kenny Clark was great last season with 7.0 sacks & 4 TFL's. I think he over performs his OVR level and we will definitely see him terrorize some offensive lines this season.

Defensive Tackle:
1. (R) Christian LaCouture (81)
2. Montravius Adams (80)
3. Letroy Guion (74)

Ohh baby, rookie getting the start! I wasn't sure whether or not to pull the trigger in the draft and go for a Defensive Tackle. Montravius Adams wasn't bad last season, he just didn't impress me all too much. LaCouture is a one point higher OVR player & will be getting the start.

Defensive Right End:
1. Mike Daniels (89)

Paper thin doesn't describe our situation at Right End, this is an issue. Dean Lowry can hop on over if we ever needed him, knock on wood. Mike Daniels was an all out stud last season & recorded 16.5 sacks on the year with 10 TFL's. He's the feature player on this defense & a massive piece to the puzzle.

Left Outside Linebacker:
1. Nick Perry (87)
2. Jayrone Elliot (74)
3. Vince Biegel (73)

Nick Perry was good last season & will return as our full timer at LOLB this season. Elliot got inked at the end of last season, but honestly, might have been smarter to let him go & save the cash, Biegel is right there.

Middle Linebacker:
1. (R) Shaun Dion Hamilton (80)
2. Jake Ryan (78)
3. Blake Martinez (78)
4. (R) Nyles Morgan (66)

Our first round pick, Shaun Dion Hamilton, is a slam dunk. He's big, he's fast, and he's gonna be really, really good. The Development is Normal, but with the workload he's going to get this season, that OVR should climb. Jake Ryan will be the other starting MLB in our 3-4 system.

Right Outside Linebacker:
1. Clay Matthews (83)
2. Kyler Fackrell (76)

Matthews didn't let age slow him down one bit last season with his 9.5 sacks, 1 INT, and 2 TFL's. Kyler Fackrell is a decent backup option.

Cornerback:
1. Brent Grimes (86)
2. Damarious Randall (79)
3. Quinten Rollins (75)
4. Davon House (73)
5. Kevin King (71)

Grimes was a huge acquisition in the offseason. Grimes is going to add much needed talent to our secondary and should elevate the units play as a whole. This core is young & growing, so the veteran addition only makes it better.

Free Safety:
1. Ha Ha Clinton Dix (82)
2. Josh Jones (76)
3. (R) Marcus Allen (73)

Ha Ha had a pretty quiet season in 2017 & I really need to see him step up this year. Josh Jones is a young talent with a good deal of potential & (R) Marcus Allen isn't far behind Jones.

Strong Safety:
1. Morgan Burnett (83)
2. (R) Trey Marshall (72)

Burnett fell a couple OVR points during the offseason due to age, no huge surprise there. We drafted his successor in Marshall & will definitely get him some action this season.

Special Teams:
K. Mason Crosby (75)
P. Justin Vogel (75)
KR/PR. (R) Andre Chachere (92)

Crosby needs to be better in 2018, he lost us a game in 2017 vs. Chicago and had multiple XP hiccups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #32
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Week 1 Packers (0-0) vs. Minnesota Vikings (0-0)

Pregame Thoughts: The Vikings have an extremely strong air defense led by Harrison Smith, Maurice Alexander, and Xavier Rhodes. Establishing the run game early will open up our opportunities in the air & spread this defense out. If we can force Sam Bradford to have to start making plays, he's going to slip up.

Game Result: 6-36 Loss
Game Injuries: DE Mike Daniels (9 weeks Broken Toe), OLB Clay Matthews (6 Weeks Quad)
Game MVP: Sam Bradford (21/30, 239 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT)
Game Thoughts: This game pretty much felt like a preseason hangover on steroids. We lost Mike Daniels & Clay Matthews in the preseason, putting Dean Lowry & Kyler Fackrell starting on the line. Just before half, down 6-13, Aaron Rodgers (13/21, 159 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT) suffered turf toe & I was forced to remove him from the game. Brett Hundley (7/15, 77 yards, 1 INT) stepped in through the second half & could not find any openings through the tough Vikings air defense. Ty Montgomery (9 attempts, 35 yards) didn't get too many chances due to being down quickly in the second.

Postgame Thoughts: The injuries combined with the general ''off'' atmosphere of the team has led me to not overreact. We're a solid roster & will come out swinging next week.

Week 2 Packers (0-1) vs. New England Patriots (1-0)

Pregame Thoughts: The time is now, put up, or shut up. The Patriots are the best team in the league & we need to make a massive statement this week. We flopped against Minnesota, hard, but I don't think we showed even an ounce of the team's potential.

Game Result: 41-36 Win
Game Injuries: Mike Daniels (7 Weeks), Clay Matthews (4 Weeks)
Game MVP: Ty Montgomery (32 attempts, 153 yards, 5 TD)
Game Results: Oh. My. God. Where do I even start? Ty Montgomery went off. Off? That doesn't even describe it. TY MONTGOMERY WENT FREAKING OFF!!! Five TD's & tying the NFL record later, Ty Mont put the Pack on his BACK in this one to get the win. This was, with ease, one of the most fun games I've played in Madden. Aaron Rodgers (28/36, 262 yards, 1 INT) & Tom Brady (35/43, 361 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT) went toe to toe, two of the best in the game. Brady definitely won the QB battle with his 361 yards, 3 scores, and 81% completion percentage. However, despite no TD's, Rodgers kept things accurate as well with a 77% completion percentage, keeping the ball in the hands of Packers. Every time Montgomery would put one in for 6, Brady was right there with Rob Gronkowski (9 catches, 79 yards, 2 TD), Julian Edelman (6 catches, 62 yards, 1 TD), or Brandin Cooks (9 catches, 81 yards). Kyler Fackrell (5 tackles, 1 TFL, 1.0 sack) came away with a huge sack on Brady & Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (5 tackles, 1 INT) recorded a momentum shifting INT on Brady.

Postgame Thoughts: If last week showed nothing we are capable of, this week showed everything. We were fast, strong, precise, and confident. We ran into Gillette Stadium & showed NFL fans that we are a team that's going to be competing this year, damn right.

Week 3 Packers (1-1) vs. Detroit Lions (2-0)

Pregame Thoughts: Detroit won the NFC & North last season behind QB Matt Stafford & a strong roster of talent. We were routed by them once last season without Rodgers & routed them with Rodgers. Fortunately for this game, Stafford is out with a pulled groin, giving way to Brad Kaaya, second year man out of Miami. Detroit is 100% our competition for the division, so getting out in front of them is vital, even more now that they are 2-0.

Game Result: 37-22 Win
Game Injuries: Corey Linsley (TBD), Mike Daniels (6 Weeks), Clay Matthews (3 Weeks)
Game MVP: Packers Defense (2 INT, 3.0 sacks, 2 TD)
Game Thoughts: Our defense played phenomenally today, recording 2 TD's, in route to our 37-22 victory over the Lions. Quinten Rollins (4 tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD) returned an pick on Brad Kaaya (30/51, 340 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT) 88 yards for the score. (R) Shaun Dion Hamilton (7 tackles, 1 TFL, 1.0 sack, 1 TD) picked up a loose ball & returned it 88 yards for another defensive score. Kyler Fackrell (4 tackles, 1 TFL, 1.0 sacks) got after Kaaya once, his contributions for the injured Matthews have been solid. Aaron Rodgers (27/40, 256 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT) didn't have the best outing, but his connections with Jordy Nelson (8 catches, 100 yards) & Martellus Bennett (4 catches, 35 yards, 1 TD) got us moving downfield. Ty Montgomery (19 attempts, 71 yards) is actually human, and Jamaal Williams (3 attempts, 4 yards, 1 TD) got a goaline score.

Postgame Thoughts: After the insane high against New England, I was really trying to avoid the hangover & loss to our divisional foe, Detroit. The defense really stepped up strong today & showed me that they are a bunch that's going to not just keep us in games, but win them all together. Great day, great win, great week.

Week 4 Packers (2-1) vs. Arizona Cardinals (3-0)

Pregame Thoughts: First the 1-0 Pats, then the 2-0 Lions, now the 3-0 Cardinals. The NFL is throwing us some stiff competition right now, so let's get out there and show it we are ready. The Cardinals have a strong rookie (R) QB Mason Rudolph under center, 2017 NFC Best RB David Johnson, and 2017 Best CB Patrick Peterson, all set to go. This is gonna be a tough one.

Game Result: 35-23 Win
Game Injuries: Mike Daniels (5 Weeks), Corey Linsley (5 Weeks), Clay Matthews (2 Weeks)
Game MVP: Ty Montgomery (32 attempts, 170 yards, 4 TD, 7 catches, 61 yards)
Game Thoughts: When things get tough in Green Bay, Ty Montgomery GETS GOING! For the second time in three weeks, Ty Montgomery puts the Packers on his BACK and leads the charge to get the tough victory!!! The Cardinals had zero answers for Montgomery both on the ground & in the air as Aaron Rodgers (21/31, 294 yards, 1 INT) just gave the dude any & every opportunity to make plays. The Cards hung in there thanks to superb running on their own side from David Johnson (23 attempts, 132 yards, 2 TD) who had a solid day himself. Both running games were nuts, but we did the better job in the pass defense with Nick Perry (8 tackles, 1 TFL, 3.5 sacks) & Kyler Fackrell (4 tackles, 2.5 sacks) going ballistic in the backfield to get after (R) Mason Rudolph (20/35, 232 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT) a total of 6 times. Fackrell is really, really playing good ball for the injured Clay Matthews & our pass rush is somehow insane without Mike Daniels.

Postgame Thoughts: Our offense & defense are completely clicking right now & we are HOT. Ty Montgomery is having a coming out party as I was hoping & despite the injuries to our defensive line, the pass rush is extremely strong. At 3-1 & the head to head victory over Detroit, we stand tall with the division lead.

Week 5 Packers (3-1) vs. New York Jets (2-2)

Pregame Thoughts: The Jets have doubled their 2017 victories only 5 weeks into 2018, and if that tells you anything, they were beyond bad last season. They drafted Oklahoma rookie (R) QB Baker Mayfield in the draft & hope he is the solution to their QB issues. The Jetties are still a cupcake team in my eyes & one we should not be losing to.

Game Result: 30-36 Loss
Game Injuries: Mike Daniels (4 Weeks), Corey Linsley (4 Weeks), Clay Matthews (1 Week)
Game MVP: (R) Baker Mayfield (29/38, 370 yards, 3 TD)
Game Thoughts: Well, they were better than I thought, by a long shot. The Jets aren't a Patriots, Cardinals, or Lions, but they actually have some pop behind (R) Baker Mayfield, Antonio Gates (13 catches, 155 yards, 1 TD), Josh Gordon (7 catches, 85 yards, 1 TD), and a strong defense. Aaron Rodgers (23/42, 226 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT) marked his 2nd 3 INT game & 5th straight with an INT. I wouldn't go as far to say it's Rodgers as much as it is our offensive line. Ty Montgomery (14 attempts, 49 yards, 4 catches, 99 yards, 2 TD) couldn't get a ton going on the ground, but still found room to work in the air game, adding 2 scores. Jamaal Williams (10 attempts, 27 yards, 1 TD) added a score on the ground as well.

Postgame Thoughts: This was one of those games where we got caught with a uppercut & it knocked us back just for a second. There's nothing I'm overly concerned following the loss, I do have to note that our offensive line is a problem area, however. We've got, arguably, a worse team in San Francisco next week to rebound with.

Week 6 Packers (3-2) vs. San Francisco 49ers (0-5)

Pregame Thoughts: I noted how the Jets were a cupcake team and one we should not be losing to. I don't believe in jinxing things. The Niners are a team we should NOT be losing to. They've got some decent talent on defense, but their offense is abysmal behind Mark Sanchez at QB.

Game Result: 19-16 Win
Game Injuries: Mike Daniels (3 Weeks), Corey Linsley (3 Weeks)
Game MVP: Kyler Fackrell (11 tackles, 1 TFL, 4.0 sacks)
Game Thoughts: It was an ole classic defensive battle in San Francisco as we narrowly escaped with the game winning FG by Mason Crosby as time expired. Aaron Rodgers (23/42, 226 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT) recorded his THIRD, 3 INT game in 4 weeks, and is struggling in the pocket with a frail offensive line. Ty Montgomery (19 attempts, 93 yards, 1 TD) certainly made up for our air games woes & recorded 4.8 yards per carry & one score. Kyler Fackrell is going nuts right now & I kept him in the game despite Clay Matthews being cleared to play. (R) Shaun Dion Hamilton (9 tackles, 2.0 sacks) is paying high dividends for us right now & is starting to come into his own. Hamilton currently leads the NFC Defensive Rookie of the Year voting, one third of the way into the season.

Postgame Thoughts: We escaped with the win on Crosby's game winning FG & I am kinda grinning. I think we played down to the level of the 49ers when in reality this could have been a 35-16 victory with a great deal of breathing room.

Last edited by saintrules; 10-04-2017 at 03:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »