Home

Cathedral Football | The Shrine

This is a discussion on Cathedral Football | The Shrine within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 11:42 AM   #49
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cathedral Football | The Shrine

Good gravy man, this season has been bitter to say the least. Some seriously tough losses, your commitment to playing offense for the CPU clearly keeps it tough.

Hopefully Cathedral will get back on track and make a bowl game, otherwise it's starting to look like the coach may be out of a job!

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #50
MVP

young22's Arena

This really has been a rough year. Hopefully next year Augustine becomes a star and leads you to a better season.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #51
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Good gravy man, this season has been bitter to say the least. Some seriously tough losses, your commitment to playing offense for the CPU clearly keeps it tough.

Hopefully Cathedral will get back on track and make a bowl game, otherwise it's starting to look like the coach may be out of a job!

eh i don’t think pelini gets canned, he’s got too much good history & hed probably retire before he gets fired. our coordinators on the other hand, they have been awful. DC, who is a former player of ours, is under 30% security, and the OC is moving down. offensively, i knew switching playbooks wouldn’t be an easy transition, but the arkansas state offense sucks. i’m loving it though.

if we don’t make a bowl, which we probably won’t, that’d be crazy. we have the talent to not just hang with everybody in the country, but blow em out, we just can’t find it in us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
This really has been a rough year. Hopefully next year Augustine becomes a star and leads you to a better season.

i’m pretty confident augustine will take major strides as he becomes a full-time starter next year. however our receiving unit is gonna lose some faces... offense altogether actually. similar to all the talent we lost defensively last year. so really i don’t know how next year will pan out.

some unexpected rough patches for us. but a new direction is coming rather soon for the team as pelini up’s and age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #52
MVP

young22's Arena

You've had so many ups and downs with this it's awesome. Do you think it's solely because you play offense for both teams? I'm not lacking a challenge yet (lmao wait till you see the beating I just took, check my thread in a few hours), but I'll try it if I ever find myself needing a challenge.

Old 08-21-2018, 07:04 PM   #53
All Star

beast10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
You've had so many ups and downs with this it's awesome. Do you think it's solely because you play offense for both teams? I'm not lacking a challenge yet (lmao wait till you see the beating I just took, check my thread in a few hours), but I'll try it if I ever find myself needing a challenge.

yeah i doubt we’d be losing much with a 97ovr against CPU. it’s been a while since i actually played defense in this game , because before playing both offenses, i’d go CPU v CPU when the opponent had the ball. i’ve just never been a fan with how deep you have to go to get them to authentically play

i’d definitely have to recommend it. like i said before, it takes time getting use to it (switching sides every possession, overall idea of beating your own team), but once you get it down it’s pretty fun actually

Old 08-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #54
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
yeah i doubt we’d be losing much with a 97ovr against CPU. it’s been a while since i actually played defense in this game , because before playing both offenses, i’d go CPU v CPU when the opponent had the ball. i’ve just never been a fan with how deep you have to go to get them to authentically play

i’d definitely have to recommend it. like i said before, it takes time getting use to it (switching sides every possession, overall idea of beating your own team), but once you get it down it’s pretty fun actually

Your commitment to it is amazing. I can’t do it. By the 2nd or 3rd quarter I’d have a story in my mind of how the game should go and wind up gearing it toward that lol.

With coaching adjustments, he CPU is more aggressive on offense now. That and on standard running down/distance I use a safety instead of my MLB. That way I get less user plays to stuff the CPU

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #55
All Star

beast10's Arena

Smoked.

L 49-30 @ Duke

The road stretch is killing us. It was another case of us not being able to get anything going through the air, Augustine was less than subpar. We actually played three quarterbacks. The only good storyline amongst them was me deciding to let Stallings play running back, and he ended up tallying a game high 133 yards— that including what he picked up at QB. I’d played him springy at the position there in previous games, but he really broke out this time around. I figure since he’s a 97 OVR talent, he should find a niche somewhere in the NFL.

My RB Tyler Chambers had a ton of good runs early and overall finished with 13 carries for 125 yards and a touchdown ... but my offense scored just twice, with the other points coming off a kickoff return (Dushane Campbell), a Pick Six (Speedy Walters), along with a field goal.

Meanwhile... Duke played in straight revenge. 442 yards passing, their top wideout Chad White made our DB’s look stupid en route to 210 yards receiving, and broke the Duke career receiving yard record on a 64 yard touchdown.

We’re back at home for the first time since Temple next week where we will host Miami (2-4). As of now, we sit at the bottom of the ACC standings.

Edit: And to add further salt to the wound, we lost our senior RB Kobe Hill to a torn pectoral which should conclude his career. Tough, because this was a guy I thought could break records, but instead he was a four-year, consistent reserve back who was good for 30-50 yards a game.

Last edited by beast10; 08-21-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 10:55 PM   #56
All Star

beast10's Arena

Let the Augustine transfer rumors begin...

It’s far from sunshine and rainbows at Cathedral ... With the team’s recent loss at Duke, a squad they have traditionally dominated, the Spartans have dropped to a 2-6 record in a season on pace to be their worst in over a decade.

In the midst of it all is true freshman Jaireh Augustine, the reigning top QB recruit, who is increasingly becoming upset of the team’s lackluster performances, all in the eye of the college football world.

Augustine clashed with both teammates and coaches in the loss against Duke. The freshman took several hits in and out of the pocket, and was sidelined multiple drives for a less than impressive start, which has become common since his prolific first start against Temple

Does the Florida native up and leave the struggling Spartans, who could hit even more of a decline this offseason with half the offense departing?

Notably, this is a guy who stated in the past that pro potential was the greatest factor in his decision at UC— a program that has recently cropped first round quarterbacks in Kila Nawahine, Colton Barlett, both of which were, however, under the guidance of former OC Chris Petersen ... And the direction of first-year OC Teddy Sowell does not seem to cater toward continuing the tradition of UC being a place where QB’s can break records.

Hell, Petersen made Stallings a dark horse Heisman candidate last season. Now he can’t even survive a half of football at quarterback.

Future is shaky.

Last edited by beast10; 08-21-2018 at 11:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »