Home

Lock The Vaught: Ole Miss Football (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Lock The Vaught: Ole Miss Football (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2020, 02:34 PM   #33
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Lock The Vaught: Ole Miss Football (NCAA 14)

Bama Beatdown

Tuscaloosa, AL --- The Ole Miss Rebels were sent back home with another conference loss after being absolutely manhandled by the Alabama Crimson Tide. Alabama scored 42 points in the first half and put up 734 total yards en route to a 56-28 win.

The Rebels got off to a hot start, returning an interception for a touchdown on the 3rd play of the game. On the following drive, Alabama quarterback Mac Jones threw another interception. But the Rebels couldn't capitalize and went 3 and out. Alabama responded with a 68 yard drive, scoring after 4 plays. The Rebels would pick up 1 first down on the next drive before having to punt, and Alabama would score again 5 plays later. The Rebels would go 3 and out again to finish the first quarter.

Alabama would open the second quarter with a 4 play, 65 yard scoring drive. Ole Miss would respond by driving the length of the field, only to fail to convert on 4th and goal from the 3 yard line. Alabama would score on a 96 yard run just 3 plays later. After another 3 and out, Alabama would make the score 35-7. Another Rebel 3 and out led to another short field, and Alabama would score again from 50 yards out to take a 42-7 lead in to half.

Ole Miss would start the second half with a 75 yard run to make it 42-14, but Alabama would respond with an 8 play, 73 yard drive. Ole Miss would close the third quarter with a 10 play, 70 yard drive to score again. The fourth quarter opened with a 10 play, 67 yard drive from Alabama. Ole Miss would respond with a 6 play, 72 yard drive to score again with just 23 seconds to play.

The Rebels were clearly not at the same talent level as the Tide, which means that Ricky Rahne has his work cut out for him on the recruiting trail. Even with a few good classes, the Rebels are still a few years away from being able to play with the Tide.

Video Highlight
Old 05-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #34
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Old 05-02-2020, 03:19 PM   #35
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

Recruiting Update

Jeremy Olsen is an under-recruited talent who is showing a lot of potential. He has great size for the tackle position, and is a raw talent that could really blossom in Oxford.

Jim Roberson is another great sized offensive lineman that joins a growing OL class. The Rebels will need as much talent and depth as they can get to get the ball rolling in the SEC. Roberson is another kid showing a lot of upside.

Wayne Parker is a good sized corner who has decent speed. Playing 7A football in Florida is a great starting point for any SEC recruit, but Parker will need to put in a lot of work to earn playing time.

Jeff McKinney is a true pocket passer. Not much mobility to escape the pocket, but he has great arm strength and accuracy. If he is able to learn the offense and shore up his mental part of the game, McKinney could definitely compete for the starting job in a few years.

Another good sized offensive lineman is added to the class in Nick Harper. Harper has great hands and moves well. Harper lives just a few miles from the University of South Carolina, so this one is a great pickup for the Rebels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2020, 04:27 PM   #36
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Yikes. @Alabama
Old 05-04-2020, 11:30 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

SEC is tough, It took me a few years to turn Auburn around and took me 4 years to build a winner with GSU with limited recruiting restrictions (If I had stuck to just 2*, I don't know if I every could've won). So looking forward to seeing how long it takes you to build a winner at Ole Miss.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:45 PM   #38
MVP

moose141's Arena

Holy smokes, Bama just showing their talent with those yardage numbers, my word. Good to see you are still making solid inroads on the recruiting side of things even with the meh start to the season. I just blasted through the first season of Last Chance U on Netflix and am midway through season 2. Maybe you can start mining East Mississippi for some talent, they seem to have some blue chips down there, eh?

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 05-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #39
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

To be honest I'm enjoying the fact that I didn't come in and start winning right away. With the roster I inherited we should be middle of the road in the SEC, and that's where we are right now. As a 3 star prestige team, my recruiting restrictions are pretty tough. I'm only allowing myself to recruit 1 four star player. So getting to a bowl game, and winning it, is the single most important thing for this season. Thanks for checking in guys!
Old 05-04-2020, 04:56 PM   #40
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »