Home

Every Kids Dream: An Option Run to The Top of College Football!

This is a discussion on Every Kids Dream: An Option Run to The Top of College Football! within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 02:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Every Kids Dream: An Option Run to The Top of College Football!

Dynasty on PS3

Setting: All-American for both Offense and Defense EDIT: Adjusted to Heisman prior to Wyoming game in season 1.

Injuries: On

Fatigue: On

Quarter Length: 8 Minutes (Updated pre-season, Year 2 to gain slightly more realistic game stats)

Minimum Speed Threshold: 40

Home Field Advantage: On

Ice-the-kicker: On

Penalties

Offsides: 60
False Start: 60
Holding: 60
Facemask: 50
Offensive P/I: 50
Defensive P/I: 60
KR/PR Interference: 60
Clipping: 60
Intentional Grounding: 60
Roughing The Passer: 60
Roughing The Kicker: 55

Custom AI Default Settings (50 across the board for both player and computer) EDIT: Adjusting CPU AI to 70 (75 pre-season, Year 2) for their offense. I don't control the Defense, currently, as I am the OC, but my defense has had too easy of a time through the first two games.

Coach Starting Level: Default

Progression Rate: Slow

Story Lines:

Each season, I will roll a six-sided die (Edit: I will roll twice, to increase storylines), with the number it lands on (1-6) being the number of story lines I must create throughout the season. I will also use a number generator to select a number between 1-99 in order to identify the player the story impacts. If the die reveals the number 4, then I must select 4 random player numbers, of whom a story will be crafted. I will use this link to determine story lines (https://wheeldecide.com/index.php?id=339998) Thanks to parent22 for the link idea, whose Dynasty can be visited here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...u-dynasty.html

The Dynasty Itself:

A former 4th string running back for the UAB Blazers out of Conference USA transitioned to grad assistant and then on to Running Backs Coach for 3 seasons, but is finally getting a shot at an Offensive Coordinator position at a 1-Star university. This young upstart will run the Option Run Offense.

Since I currently reside out West, I have selected the Offensive Coordinator position with the New Mexico Lobos.

Recruiting:

I won't handicap myself in regards to recruiting, like some do, but I will turn assistance off. (Edit: I will restrict my recruiting to states west of Texas, except for in cases of positions I need established at the beginning of the year. This begings in Year 2). If a player elects to leave early for the draft, I must let said player leave if his Overall Rating is 90+. If below that threshold, I can try to sway the athlete to stay. All athletes that wish to transfer, will be allowed to transfer out of the program.

Career Progression:

I set it to slow. I will refrain from taking any head coaching job more than a single star greater than the program I am currently at. I, however, can take a OC position with a school that is two stars greater than my current program.

Example: If I am OC at a two-star program, I can accept an OC position with a four-star program, but can only accept a Head Coaching job at a three-star program.

Let the Dreaming Begin!

Last edited by TrophyKing80; 09-02-2020 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Updating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 02:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Every Kids Dream: An Option Run to The Top of College Football!

Lobos Take Chance On Unproven OC

Albuquerque, NM
Lobos Football Writer, Paul Brown

University of New Mexico Athletic Director, Paul Krebs, announced the addition of a new member to the Lobos coaching staff this morning. Former University of Alabama, Birmingham (UAB) Running Backs Coach, Zach Moore, was named the new Offensive Coordinator following a brief statement by Krebs. The Lobos had gone 4-9 in 2012, which was a vast improvement over the 1-11 campaigns from the prior three seasons, but a contract dispute led to the opening of the OC role, providing newcomer, Coach Moore, with an opportunity.

"I'd like to begin by expressing my gratitude to Athletic Director Krebs, Head Coach, Justin Simmons and Defensive Coordinator, Antoine Irvin, for believing in my capabilities", Moore said. He went on to acknowledge the challenge of bringing his Option Run attack to the Lobos program, but noted, "it's a scheme that requires all 11 players on the field to work in harmony. If we're able to establish a cohesive unit on the field, at one time, then nothing can stop us."

Coach Moore, who also was a fourth-string running back for the UAB Blazers, expressed thanks to his alma mater for the many years of quality education and athletic knowledge the school had provided.

Head Coach Simmons was asked his thoughts on the new hire, "I'd say that it was a team effort on the selection, between myself, Krebs (Athletic Director) and Coach Anty (Defensive Coordinator, Antoine Irvin). The three of us reviewed lots of talented prospects, but felt Coach Moore was at the right point of development. I'm excited to see what his option attack can bring to the Lobos, and excited for us to build off our 4-9 campaign from last season."

When asked about his expectations, Coach Moore had this to say,"Nothing short of a conference title and a BCS Bowl. I'm confident in Coach Simmons and Coach Irvin, and I'm confident in myself, and believe we can bring the Lobos a Mountain West title."

The 27-year-old Moore was introduced to the team following the press conference. Projected starting running back, senior, Desi Pittman, was asked about learning a new scheme as a senior, "There's a lot of excitement around the locker room right now. I actually have a cousin who played in the CUSA against UAB while Coach Moore was the Backs Coach there; he seemed to have a lot of positive things to say about our new coach, so we're excited to have him and excited to learn."

Another aspect Coach Moore will contend with is recruiting. He wasn't considered a recruiting guru at UAB, but he also wasn't the main guy for offensive recruiting. "It'll be challenging for sure. I'm not from New Mexico, have had few ties with high school athletics in this part of the country, but I am eager to get out there, present our program to the young stars of tomorrow and sign some future leaders for Lobos football" Moore was quoted as saying.

The immediate challenge, as fr as the sportswriter can see, is can Coach Moore coach up the talent New Mexico has. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Old 07-11-2020, 03:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Lobos Only See One Named to Pre-Season Confernce Team

Albuquerque, NM
Lobos Football Sports Writer, Paul Brown

Senior Punter, Ed Hart, was the only New Mexico player named to the pre-season All-Mountain West Conference Team. Hart was named to the Second Team Mountain West squad. "I'm honored to get the recognition. I've worked very hard over the course of my career, and with this being my final season with the Lobos, this honor comes at the right time", Hart said in a statement outside the Lobos Athletic Performance Center.

Head Coach Justin Simmons stated that while he is proud of his senior punter for being recognized as 2nd Team All-Conference, he hopes that his skills are sidelined a bit more this season. "I hope Coach Moore's (Offensive Coordinator, Zach Moore) new offense translates to more first downs and fewer opportunities for Ed to punt", Coach Simmons said with a laugh.

The Lobos will find out how well their new offense performs and how well their 2nd Team All-MWC punter does on August 31st, against University of Texas, San Antonio.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

New Mexico Picked To Finish Last In Conference

Albuquerque, NM
Lobos Football Sports Writer, Paul Brown

Another season is upon us, and yet not much has changed. Mountain West Conference sports writers have Boise State selected to win the conference yet again, continuing the Broncos' dominance of this Group of 5 league. Meanwhile, despite improving on three-straight 1-11 seasons by going 4-9 last year, the Lobos of New Mexico are favored to end the season at the bottom of the conference yet again.

The Broncos, led by Senior Quarterback, Brian Downs, should face few challenges from within the league, but the Aggies of Utah State, led by Senior and 1st Team All-Conference Defensive End, Charlie Johnson, just may give them a fight when they met on the gridiron October 12th in Logan, Utah.

As for the Lobos, breaking in a new Offensive Coordinator, just as the program broke its run of 1-win seasons, may not be the way they wished to start the season, but Head Coach Justin Simmons is confident his Lobos can maintain the momentum. "We have a lot of talent returning. A lot of excitement surrounding our new offensive scheme. It presents some challenges for us, but our kids are up to meeting that challenge." Coach Simmons hopes to have surprised a few folks when the season concludes, "I'm confident we won't end where they predict we'll end."

The complete breakdown of the Mountain West outlook is as follows:

1. Boise State
2. Utah State
3. Fresno State
4. San Diego State
5. Air Force
6. Nevada
7. San Jose State
8. Colorado State
9. Hawai'i
10. Wyoming
11. UNLV
12. New Mexico
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Matchup Preview *|* August 31, 2013
@
Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners
(0-0, Away)
New Mexico Lobos
(0-0, Home)
Injury Report
Game Notes
This game in 2013 marks the first time these two programs have met on the gridiron. The Roadrunners of Texas, San Antonio are in their first season in Conference USA, following a single season with the Western Athletic Conference in 2012; just their second season in the FCS.

The Roadrunners have a stout defense, led by Impact Player and Senior Linebacker, Anthony Berry, that should keep the Lobos of New Mexico in check.

The Lobos will try to counter with their own Impact Player, in Senior Linebacker, Kelechi Smith, who should be a late-round draft pick in next year's NFL Draft.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #7
Pro

parent22's Arena

I'm excited to follow this! Hopefully the dreaded wheel of dynasty events won't affect you too bad lol! I also love the storyline, and I hope that you can turn around the New Mexico Lobos! Anyway, I will definitely be following. Very interested to see what happens!
Old 07-11-2020, 11:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks for following. This is my first Dynasty on OS, after years of contemplating it. I hope to do OS and its members proud. I also have no affiliation with New Mexico, so this will allow me to research and learn about this small program. I look forward to the journey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »