Home

The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory

This is a discussion on The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2022, 04:19 PM   #41
MVP

infamyice's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Gridiron Crusader | Fight For Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_DOOM
I'm sure most Lions thought they could win but not like that
lol Really didn't think it was a winnable game at all, but fumbles said otherwise.

So I'm in the midst of some readjustments before I continue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2022, 12:37 AM   #42
MVP

infamyice's Arena

ARTS & CRAFTS

Upon making their way back through the tunnel to the locker room, some of the guys congratulated Amari on his performance tonight. It was only his second game and and he played better than his first by leaps and bounds. The Lions had no business beating the Jets but luck was on their side. They remained focused and got the job done tenfold. The margin was so wide, fans started clearing out by midway of the 3rd quarter...

"Hey man, good game out there. You played your tail off." Jared Goff complimented the young rook. "You keep playing like that, you're gonna have my job."

"Haha, thanks man. I'm just glad to have been able to pick up your slack, no offense."

"None taken. It was just really bad game for me, we all have them once in a while. Coach made the right call putting you in. I've done the same."

"Either way, praise from you is much appreciated, Captain."

"Keep working hard, you got a bright future." Goff said.

Two fist bumps before Goff hustles up the corridor to speak to one of the team staff. Just as so, off in the distance, Amari caught his long time friend and agent, Kasey hanging with the press as Amari closed in.

"Look who it is, the cub cutting his teeth with the lions." Kasey gave Amari a bro hug and just as quickly they parted, the press swooped in to interview the rookie.

"Now, now, hold it, give him some space. You'll get to interview him in a bit. I gotta space with my client with confidentiality. Amari, walk with me, talk with me."

The two got away from the press leering eyes to a lesser prying area.

"What's up man? Didn't expect to see you here."

"And miss the opportunity to see you ball out? No way my man. And I'm glad I did come. Four touchdowns in one game, and you not even starting yet? That's amazing."

"Yo, I'm just doing what I can. I didn't think I had all that. Now you got my head bigger like I should be."

"Yeah, you can cool on that. Just keep focus and working on your game for next week. If you can do all that again, you'll be starting in no time."

"I know I'm not ready just yet, but I'm really starting to feel like it." Kasey could see the anxiousness on Amari's face as he said so.

"Yeah, but with Jared's contract in the way, it puts you in a tough spot even if you are. They couldn't trade him if they wanted to, let alone bench him. He's making too much money just to be idle on the sidelines."

"Man, tell me about it."

"Hey! Amari! Let's go, press time and we're rolling!" Coach Campbell shouted from the corner.

"Aight, Coach, I'm coming."

"Hey man, just wanted to congratulate you real quick, you looked real good out there, brother."

"Thank you man, I appreciate it."

"Now go handle your business. I'll catch you in two weeks when you play the Giants. I'll be here."

"Aight, bro, see you then."

Amari headed off into the locker room, changing out of his gear and heading off to answer a few questions on tonight's game. Everything was kosher and no silly questions were asked, a cordial Q&A and everyone was back on the flight back to Detroit. Few hours later, Amari made it home to celebrate his big game.

"Yo! Pops, I'm home!"

"I'm in here son!"

Amari makes his way to the kitchen and was strucked by a enticing aroma. He couldn't make out what it was as he never smelled this aroma before, but he knew he had to have it.

"Oooh, something smells goodt!"

"Yeah, after that big game you had, you deserve a big meal. Get cleaned up and I'll have dinner ready in a few"

"You got it Pop, can't wait!"

After a good shower and settling in, Amari charged to the dining table where nearly a feast was laid out.

"Whoa, what's all this?" Amari asked as he eyed all the dishes.

"We got seafood platter of the usual, shrimps, lobster tails, and snow crabs. Over here we got honey roasted salmon steaks, fried just a bit to lock in the juices and unlocks on the bite. We also got fried prawns and I'm trying this new recipe called, "King Salmon Coulibiac". That'll be the main course."

"Yeah, uh, what's in the last one? The King Salmon thingy-majiggy."

"Pastry, rice, fish, nothing out there. Dance it up with some seasoning."

"Yo, Pops, come on, what's all this? I knew you could cook, but I didn't know you could get down like this. Or did you order this off an app?"

"No way, son. Just before I met your mother, I got my degree in culinary arts. You spend some time in China Town and overseas, you pick up a few things and ideas."

"Thought you was always a teacher." Amari just as confused as curious.

"I was, the whole cooking thing was a passion of mine that quickly got extinguished along with the building, big incident back in the day. I spent some time looking for work, hard finding work when all the business had their own in-house cooks. So I went a different path."

"I see. I didn't even know that."

"You learn something new everyday, my boy. Your mother used to love my cooking."

"But you never cooked like this when she was alive."

"Was because of you. She wanted traditional meals for you. She knew if your palette became accustomed to this type of food, you'd refuse anything and everything else."

"That's mom for you, always thinking a step ahead."

"That she was." Ahmad took a moment, thinking about his beloved wife before snapping back to reality. "But hey, today's your day. Big game, big results, big meal. You earned this."

"If this is as good as I think, I'm gonna have to score 100 points next week." Amari jokes.

The two took a seat and enjoyed the seafood feast, carrying the conversation, learning more about his father's past before him and his wife met. After a couple hours, Amari retired to his room, with much needed sleep before team meeting and film study the next day. His eyes met with heaviness as soon as he hit the bed.

Checking his phone, Amari sees a DM in his twitter. "Hey big head, long time no speak!" A DM from a blast from his past. Olivia Boyd, Amari's Junior High girlfriend. Just as Amari was texting back, he blacks out before he was able to send off the message. Perhaps unintended avoidance was for the best, as Amari was aware of her past...
Old 02-18-2022, 12:45 AM   #43
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-20-2022, 07:34 PM   #44
MVP

infamyice's Arena

Old 02-20-2022, 08:40 PM   #45
MVP