Home

PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

This is a discussion on PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2020, 04:38 PM   #49
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: PGA 2k21 Created Course Thread

I just published another real-course recreation - this one is titled "Brown Deer Park GC" - the tour version is "Brown Deer Park GC (Tour)". Part of the Milwaukee County Parks System, Brown Deer hosted the Greater Milwaukee Open/U.S. Bank Championship PGA Tour stop from 1994-2009. Tiger Woods made his debut as a pro here in 1996, a debut famous for his "Hello, world" press conference.

It's a shorter course, and offers some scoring opportunities. Brown Deer plays to a Par 71, and is about 6800 yards from the black tees. The "Tour" version features crowds, stands, and plays as a Par 70 (hole No. 4 is changed from a short par-5 to a long par-4).

Here is a picture of the 9th green, which is overlooked by the clubhouse in the background.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 12-07-2020 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:49 PM   #50
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I just published another real-course recreation - this one is titled "Brown Deer Park GC" - the tour version is "Brown Deer Park GC (Tour)". Part of the Milwaukee County Parks System, Brown Deer hosted the Greater Milwaukee Open/U.S. Bank Championship PGA Tour stop from 1994-2009. Tiger Woods made his debut as a pro here in 1996, a debut famous for his "Hello, world" press conference.

It's a shorter course, and offers some scoring opportunities. Brown Deer plays to a Par 71, and is about 6800 yards from the black tees. The "Tour" version features crowds, stands, and plays as a Par 70 (hole No. 4 is changed from a short par-5 to a long par-4).

Here is a picture of the 9th green, which is overlooked by the clubhouse in the background.

I played this course today on my gaming PC. Very nice course... I aced the 196 yard 7th hole with a 3-iron. The Digital Sportspage Society will be playing a tournament at Brown Deer this coming week!
Old 01-04-2021, 11:01 AM   #51
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Happy New Year, everyone! To ring in 2021, here's a new course - Horicon Marsh Sport Club!

After publishing three RCRs, I wanted to branch out into building a fantasy course that still retained the look and feel of a real-life course. I used inspiration from the Horicon Marsh in the state of Wisconsin, the largest freshwater cattail marsh in the United States. The marsh is an important stop for migratory birds, and is home to ducks, pelicans, great blue herons, and Canada geese.

The course is a Par-71 layout and features several reachable par-5s and even a couple drivable par-4s. The Marsh and bunkers present the biggest challenges, but the course was made to be approachable and exciting for players of all skill levels.

Here's a few pictures of the course:

Hole 3:

Hole 6:

Hole 14:

Hole 18:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2021, 05:31 PM   #52
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Horicon Marsh looks fantastic MAB! I'll be playing it tonight... nice work!!
Old 01-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #53
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Horicon Marsh looks fantastic MAB! I'll be playing it tonight... nice work!!
Thank you! Enjoy your round!
Old 01-14-2021, 05:46 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just created a new course called Skin City Mountain Course. Its my first course. I published it and all seemed normal. Then I went to my published courses and clicked on it and it said this is saved but not published. I made a small change and then hit publish again. Now it shows 2 versions of my course in my published courses list. Do these get published immediately or is there a period of time before it gets officially published? Any idea what is happening here or how to fix it and get it back to just 1 of the courses on the published list? Thanks
Old 01-15-2021, 12:29 AM   #55
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Couples
I just created a new course called Skin City Mountain Course. Its my first course. I published it and all seemed normal. Then I went to my published courses and clicked on it and it said this is saved but not published. I made a small change and then hit publish again. Now it shows 2 versions of my course in my published courses list. Do these get published immediately or is there a period of time before it gets officially published? Any idea what is happening here or how to fix it and get it back to just 1 of the courses on the published list? Thanks
Hmmm...never had that issue when publishing a course on my PS4. Usually, you hit publish, and you take your screenshot, and then it just says the course is published and you exit the course designer.

I do think there is a delay from the time you publish to when the course is searchable on the servers. And, unfortunately, there is no way to delete a course once it's published.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2021, 11:39 AM   #56
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Couples
I found this course this morning on the XBox One, and there were two courses that came up with the same name. I tried the one on top and it executed normally. The animation seemed more sluggish than normal on my Series X, making it a difficult play for me, especially since I've acclimated my senses for 60 FPS on the PC version. I really started to get into the course starting with the 3rd hole, but I quit in frustration on the 6th, not because of the course but because the sub 30 FPS to which the game was being taken was making it impossible for me to get a feel of the swing tempo.

I'm curious... did you note what your plant meter was showing when you finished? What I experienced this morning may be due to network traffic. I'm going to try this course again later on my PC, where I'll have a better chance to evaluate it in the 60 FPS realm. I'll let you know how it plays there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »