Home

TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me…

This is a discussion on TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me… within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2022, 01:39 AM   #41
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: TW14 is ALMOST perfect to me…

Yeah I'm the same with College Hoops 2K8. Just so much better running it at 400% and playing it that way.

TW14 joining that list would make my day or if someone could mod the files to update the golfer lists, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2022, 04:05 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Yeah I'm the same with College Hoops 2K8. Just so much better running it at 400% and playing it that way.

TW14 joining that list would make my day or if someone could mod the files to update the golfer lists, etc.

If someone could mod TW14 like they do with NCAA 14…. Oh boy

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 08-20-2022, 03:19 AM   #43
MVP

donkey33's Arena

So.... I'm playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Historic Masters Edition with all DLC in RPCS3 at 4K

I found this post on the game and tried it myself and yep, it's working for me at 4K resolution and at 30 FPS (game max). Granted I only just started playing so I have no idea if it will crash at some point but this is great news and I'm all set now haha.

https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-203695.html

Just need to do as the post says to get it up and running. Have only played half a practice round so far but so far so good

EDIT: I actually made a mistake and set the SPU decoder to static instead of the PPU decoder which was giving me the full 30 FPS. When I changed it to how it was meant to be, the FPS does drop so I'm leaving it the other way. Not sure what impact changing the SPU decoder to static has but seems to be working fine for me.

Last edited by donkey33; 08-20-2022 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:24 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
So.... I'm playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Historic Masters Edition with all DLC in RPCS3 at 4K

I found this post on the game and tried it myself and yep, it's working for me at 4K resolution and at 30 FPS (game max). Granted I only just started playing so I have no idea if it will crash at some point but this is great news and I'm all set now haha.

https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-203695.html

Just need to do as the post says to get it up and running. Have only played half a practice round so far but so far so good

EDIT: I actually made a mistake and set the SPU decoder to static instead of the PPU decoder which was giving me the full 30 FPS. When I changed it to how it was meant to be, the FPS does drop so I'm leaving it the other way. Not sure what impact changing the SPU decoder to static has but seems to be working fine for me.
Would you be a total superstar and please post some 4K photos of Augusta?

I’m so stoked this game is finally working towards actually playable in emulation!

Last edited by scagwi; 08-20-2022 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2022, 10:27 PM   #45
MVP

donkey33's Arena

I may have got ahead of myself as not sure why but the game was freezing in between holes this morning without anything changed and no idea why. So had to revert to changing the PPU decoder which tanks the FPS from 30 to anywhere between 15 and 30 although still semi playable. Still got a little way to go I guess.

Here are some shots from Augusta though. If they can get performance right, I'm set even if the new titles fail for whatever reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2022, 10:30 PM   #46
MVP

donkey33's Arena

A few more shots
Old 08-20-2022, 11:21 PM   #47
MVP

Outstanding pictures, thank you!!

I am beyond excited to see Augusta in 4k HDR Frostbite
Old 08-20-2022, 11:57 PM   #48
MVP

donkey33's Arena

Yeah same. I think HDR is going to be amazing on these courses, through the trees, on the water, etc.

I just need it to play well and have a robust career mode otherwise I'm happy to stick with this as it looks decent enough once up to full speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »