Home

Menin Aeide Thea—A Buffalo Sabres Dynasty

This is a discussion on Menin Aeide Thea—A Buffalo Sabres Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #17
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Menin Aeide Thea—A Buffalo Sabres Dynasty

Trade Rumors
The Tampa Bay Lightning are shopping long-time winner Martin St. Louis. They are asking for at least one high-level draft pick and a winger in return.

Trades
The St. Louis Blues have acquired Daniel Alfredsson from the Ottawa Senators for a second round draft pick and young center J. Hamilton.

The Vancouver Canucks have acquired Ed Jovanovski and Jose Theodore from the Florida Panthers for a second round draft pick in 2014, a second round draft pick in 2015, and Christopher Tanev.

Old 11-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #18
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

images.jpgimages-1.jpgimages-2.jpgimages-3.jpg

Many Happy Returns As Sabres Beat Isles 3-2
Matt Moulson scored a goal in his return to New York and Steve Ott picked up his 3rd goal of the season as Buffalo beat New York. Luke Adam scored his second of the season and Matt Ellis had two assists. John Tavares and Michael Grabner scored for the Islanders.

Jets Take Off in 3rd, Win In SO
Winninpeg snapped a 3-game losing streak with a Bryan Little goal in the shootout. Buffalo scored the first two goals, as Drew Stafford and Matt Moulson both scored and assisted. Winnipeg came back with a goal by Evander Kane with :46 seconds to go. Ondrej Pavelec made 38 saves.

Leino Scores 2 As Buffalo Downs Vancouver
Matt Moulson set up Ville Leino on the PP with a minute and a half left for the go ahead goal, and Drew Stafford tallied the empty-netter afterwards. Steve Ott continued his hot streak with an assist to Luke Adam. The change in lines has really helped Buffalo, as Marcus Foglino assisted on Leino's first goal.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Powerplay Propels Bruins to Win Over Sabres
The Boston Bruins beat the Buffalo Sabres 3-1 thanks to 2 powerplay goals, one from Jarome Iginla and one from captain Zdeno Chara. Jhonas Enroth was in net for Buffalo. Ville Leino scored a shorthanded goal for the Sabres, but they were unable to get another shot past emerging goalie Tuukka Rask.

Sabres Strike Early to Beat Leafs 4-1
Matt Moulson scored one minute into the game and Patrick Kaleta netted his first of the season 10 minutes later and Buffalo never looked back. Both goals were scored 5-hole. Joffrey Lupul cut the lead to 1, but Ville Leino drew a penalty, and scored (5-hole again) while falling to his knees after the slash. Tyler Ennis put it the empty-netter, while counterpart Tyler Myers had two assists. Ryan Miller made 27 saves.

Sharks Upend Sabres as Marleau scores 2
Patrick Marleau scored the first two goals of the game, and while Tyler Ennis scored on a pass form Ville Leino, Anti Niemi made 29 saves and Joe Thornton scored a PP goal to snuff out any hope of a rally. Brent Burns later scored on a weak slapshot that his Henrik Tallinder's skate and deflected past Ryan Miller.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #20
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Just curious as to a few questions that could help improve this dynasty:
1. Are the 3 games per update good?
2. Do you want to see more stats, standings, and league leaders and such?
3. Is Buffalo just too boring a team?
4. Do you want only periodical updates?

Just taking a minute to answer these questions would be very helpful, not only for me but for you as well.
Thanks.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Russian Roulette?
by Richard Thornburg, Jr.

Rumours have surfaced as of late that the Buffalo Sabres are targeting Toronto Maple Leafs left-winger Nikolai Kulemin. The Sabres are apparently looking to bolster their top six forwards, in an attempt to return rookie Marcus Foglino to the third line.

Both Akilles Yurevich and Leafs' GM Dave Nonis refused to comment on the possible blockbuster. Surmised targets for the Leafs are some of the Sabres' cadre of young defensemen, most notably Jamie McBain. McBain was recently acquired from Buffalo, but with Mike Weber soon returning from an injury, the need of a top 6 winger may necessitate a move. The Sabres are a surprising 14-7-3, already in the mix for a low playoff seed.

If this trade goes through, you heard it from me first. Networks, here I come.

Last edited by AdamJones113; 12-15-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #22
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17

Just curious as to a few questions that could help improve this dynasty:
1. Are the 3 games per update good? Fine
2. Do you want to see more stats, standings, and league leaders and such? Would be nice
3. Is Buffalo just too boring a team? Not really, everybody has their own favorites, so don't worry.
4. Do you want only periodical updates? No

Just taking a minute to answer these questions would be very helpful, not only for me but for you as well. Thanks. Do not worry too much. It helps when you stick to a dynasty. People like to read dynasties that go futher and have some age. Some teams can be boring now, but exciting in 3 or 4 years after trades and great draft picks. Keep on rolling. Good luck.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #23
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

I have had my best idea ever. I got NHL 14 today (birthday present!) and I was going to move on to that and end this franchise. But then I had an idea. A brilliant idea. I simmed the rest of the 2013 season and I will continue this franchise in NHL 14. Here are the results from 2013:

We finished 8th in the Eastern Conference and lost to the upstart OTTAWA SENATORS in 5 games. Erik Karlsson wound up winning the Hart, James Norris, and Conn Smythe trophy as the Sens won the Stanley Cup in 6 games over the Ducks. Who would've thunk it.

Our top scorer was Matt Moulson=68 points on the strength of 31 goals. Tyler Myers had a breakout year, and Ryan Miller had the second-least GAA.

However, I am also a BAP fiend. Expect less daily updates, more bi or triweekly updates. But the important thing is that there WILL BE UPDATES.

See y'all in 2014.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #24
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

Sabres Open Season With 3-2 Win Over Red Wings
Ryan Miller made 45 saves on 47 shots and the Sabres PK was 7/7 as Buffalo pulled out a close one against the Wings. Matt Moulson assisted on a Drew Stafford PP goal early in the first, and John Scott surprisingly scored later in the period on a terrific slapshot. However, Detroit evened the score at 2 after consecutive deflection goals by Valterri Fillpula and Jordin Tootoo. Marcus Foglino scored the game-winner with 5 minutes left in the third. On a sour note, the Sabres lost 1st-line winger Drew Stafford for 3 weeks with a hernia.

Buffalo Completes Comeback in 3rd, Beat Columbus 3-2
The Sabres played a miserable game defensively, with sluggish skating and men left open in front, but Ryan Miller made 27 saves to shore up most holes the defense left. Nick Foglino scored early in the first, and [apology to any Mark Letestu fans, half of you readers are, I bet] WE GOT SNIPED BY MARK LETESTU. I mean, come on. Cody McCormick cut the deficit to 1, and Marcus Foglino scored :17 into the 3rd period. With around 6 minutes to play, Tyler Ennis intercepted a pass in the slot and fired it home for the game winner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »